Red Iso is pretty much useless...why are we suddenly getting so much of it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:

i pull the 100hp deal every day, on every vault, so i possibly am on the higher side of average for support tokens opened.  So with that said, i dont even have Sharon Carter, let alone super lucky rare pull of a 4* version.  As for Stepford, that isnt even in the basic tokens, so congrats on proving you are a double extreme outlier of luck.

Invariably, almost every single support thread, someone comes in to sing their praises, only to find out because they have super lucky pulls, and i have to point this out to them.  Congrats a second time, for being that person in this thread.
     Nothing lucky or rare about it.  4* supports are purchase only.    For my roster I can afford the 3-4K hp for the h4h offer.  But there is no other way to get a 4* support except as season placement reward or 1 every 28 days.

Hmmm.  My understanding of HfH is they are for advanced tokens, which have a 1:12 chance for a 4* support (worse than the odds for a 5* character).  You still need some considerable luck imo, teamed with the resources, in order to get one.

You may not think that meets the definition of lucky and rare, but i have to disagree.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:

i pull the 100hp deal every day, on every vault, so i possibly am on the higher side of average for support tokens opened.  So with that said, i dont even have Sharon Carter, let alone super lucky rare pull of a 4* version.  As for Stepford, that isnt even in the basic tokens, so congrats on proving you are a double extreme outlier of luck.

Invariably, almost every single support thread, someone comes in to sing their praises, only to find out because they have super lucky pulls, and i have to point this out to them.  Congrats a second time, for being that person in this thread.
     Nothing lucky or rare about it.  4* supports are purchase only.    For my roster I can afford the 3-4K hp for the h4h offer.  But there is no other way to get a 4* support except as season placement reward or 1 every 28 days.

Hmmm.  My understanding of HfH is they are for advanced tokens, which have a 1:12 chance for a 4* support (worse than the odds for a 5* character).  You still need some considerable luck imo, teamed with the resources, in order to get one.

You may not think that meets the definition of lucky and rare, but i have to disagree.
    Your gettting 2 or 3 tokens with each buy.  You have at least 1 with 12k or 3 buys
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My biggest problem with supports is that, as a 5* player, there is a very narrow range of characters I use in PVE and consequently a very narrow range of supports that are useful, most of which are 4*, all of which are very hard to get and none of which I have.  I have pulled all the support tokens I can (have never paid for them and nor have I gone for the outrageously overvalued HFH deals) and I don't have a single support worth investing Red Iso into-- consequently I have almost 2,000,000 saved up and as far as I'm concerned at this point it's pretty much useless.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:

Well I have a 4* support and I definitely haven't made any purchases in the past 3 years.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Phumade said:

Your gettting 2 or 3 tokens with each buy.  You have at least 1 with 12k or 3 buys
    Again, i will default to my ignorance of HfH offers, i dont know what you get with them.  That said, the general playing public probably doesnt have 12k hp to throw around in the *chance* of getting one of only half of the total supports, several of which aren't great, or have some type of limitation on them (villian only, etc).  Plus, that just skews the numbers for you even more.  The more you pull, accros basic and advanced tokens, the closer you will get to the average pull rate.

On top of that, the 1:12 isnt a guarantee.  I've pulled 14 times from the Big Bad store, and even with 1:7 chances listed, i didn't even get one 5*, let alone the two i should have gotten if the chances were balanced out somehow.

Not sure why this is even an issue.  We know supports are messed up.  The devs know the supports are messed up.  Havent you noticed the first 3 or 4 months of supports are vastly differnet than the last 2 or 3?  No where near as many being released?  No changes made to the support tokens?  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Supports have zero value to you ( like myself) red iso is pointless

If you like supports, then Red Iso has value

They should do an exchange from ISO to Red ISO and from Red Iso to ISO