Red Iso is pretty much useless...why are we suddenly getting so much of it?

Options
Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
I would love to be able to convert my red iso to regular iso as it's a resource I actually need.

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sure there are people who level supports but the fact is that red iso is suddenly flowing at a tremendous rate (relative to its actual value) while normal iso is still at a paltry trickle. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I may of course be completely wrong, but here's what i think.

Right now, nothing is gonna happen to supports and related issues. Its xmas time, they've prepared new stories, events, and characters for us, there is a movie tie-in etc etc. I fully expect that absolutely nothing will happen, no changes will be made or announced, regardless of peoples attitudes....

Then, in April (i'd need to check the exact date, but iirc that's when supports launched), at the one year anniversary, whatever it is that they have worked out to do about availability etc will suddenly be a big thing. That is when i would expect the floodgates to open, and for major changes to be made.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they gave themselves a 1 year "trial" period to work with, straight from the beginning (would make sense).
    That is only about 4 months away now, and whatever strategy/development/permissions etc that Brigby hinted at being underway would probably need that much time anyway.

So for me, I have decided to start hoarding whatever tokens I may get until then. I now have all of 2 beginners tokens, I'm sure by April I'll have at least... five  :p Im going to use Riso sparingly, and in April we'll see what happens. I may need all my saved Riso, and tokens. Yay optimism. :wink:
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here a thought to consider.

because they put support tokens in the pve vaults.  I can guarantee that you have extra unleveled supports and or hoarded support tokens.

I can also guarantee that no matter how big your riso hoard is,  you cannot instamax all of your supports.

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The game will change a lot once they enable supports for PvP - will be crazy time. Hopefully we'll see some upsets in the current meta.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    marshall said:
    The game will change a lot once they enable supports for PvP - will be crazy time. Hopefully we'll see some upsets in the current meta.
    That's an assumption, and not even a good one. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    marshall said:
    I think you're using the wrong definition of upset here. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It only feels like a lot because they were so stingy to start with.  Initially I hoarded all my red iso on the basis that it was stupid to spend it on one support when I might pull a higher rank of some other support where the red iso could be put to better use.

Now it's no big loss to feed red iso into a rank 1 support: I'll be able to re-earn that much red iso fairly quickly, and it noticeably improves the support.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To make people actually use the red ISO. When it was scarce, I was afraid to level my supports since I could only level one once in a blue moon. With the increased supply I am actually leveling my good supports and enjoying them more.

Only problem is I have run out of good supports...

Still have more use for red ISO than Purple ISO though.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The answers in this thread underline what the problem with Supports at the roll-out was. Far from being useless, red-iso was scarce.

Due to the lack of red-iso there was huge reluctance from players on the Forum to actually use it. I remember one poster even saying something along the lines of "will somebody level up their Supports and tell us the results!". And I don't even think they were joking. The red-iso flowing now is what should have been at the beginning or at the very least shortly after the arrival of Supports in the game.

However give players the confidence that they can get more and the red-iso spending will flow.

And the thing is: given established player behaviour the Devs should really have known this. I've never come across a game like this one where so many players are capable of hoarding their potential prizes for months and months on end in an effort to maximise the best return for their endeavours. Years playing the game has even made me more frugal and I normally have no restraint whatsoever.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the supports for PVE are extremely useful for a mid-level player.

My 4* Agent Carter at 200/200 has bailed me out bigtime.  I usually have her on Chavez.  Boosts red and blue match damage and gives an additional 1.0x on criticals.  I actually moved this support over to Yondu in Sinister 600.  This made Yondu tank blue, paired with Val and Groot.  Able to gen blue, fire Yondu's monster blue and ride the buffed repeater wave.

Stepford Cuckoos increases purple match damage by 247.  Add that to any team with weak purple.

I honestly wish I could get my hands on more.  But I am NOT spending CP on the good ones.  No way.  HP deals are a bit expensive IMHO.  Wish there was a way to get more blue support tokens.  There's a couple i'd like to get my hands on.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

To make people actually use the red ISO. When it was scarce, I was afraid to level my supports since I could only level one once in a blue moon. With the increased supply I am actually leveling my good supports and enjoying them more.

Only problem is I have run out of good supports...

Still have more use for red ISO than Purple ISO though.

Same here.  At first I had good supports to level up but no RISO.  Then we got more RISO and I leveled them up.  Now I'm stockpiling RISO because I don't have any other useful supports to level up.  I'm waiting for support distribution to improve in the future while I stockpile RISO. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aside from availability, I still think the supports page needs some work. I should be able to see who the support is attached to from the support page. And they should have an icon if they are or or not attached to someone. The only plus from not getting any new supports in forever is that I think all mine are at least equipped when I spent a minute trying to sort it all out.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    marshall said:
    yeah.  okoye will be even stronger.  talon fighter will make her unstoppable
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The answer to your question is in your question
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amusingly, this is probably why they weren't giving out too much Red Iso in the first place. Once you've leveled all the supports you have (and there aren't even that many, really), all you can do is wait. I mean, I guess there's always the hope that you pull a 5* support and then need some more Red Iso to level it to 250, but how often will that happen? I don't even think I've seen one of the tokens that would let me pull a 5* support. Except in vaults where I never win one, I suppose.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are definitely issues in the Supports economy, but having too much Red ISO is not one of them. Looking at the supports I have, I still need another 2 million Red ISO to get them maxed out. 

The bigger issues to me are:

How do I improve my supports when a beginner support token has a 1 in 20 of being a 3*, and then a 1 in 18 chance of being one that I actually use? And even when there are support vaults, the odds of getting a good token are so small? And then I still might get only a 2* or a duplicate of a better one?

Why do I really need all that many supports when I use so few characters? Although with the untimed PVE I actually have a chance to use a few different characters without hurting my placement.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the supports for PVE are extremely useful for a mid-level player.

My 4* Agent Carter at 200/200 has bailed me out bigtime.  I usually have her on Chavez.  Boosts red and blue match damage and gives an additional 1.0x on criticals.  I actually moved this support over to Yondu in Sinister 600.  This made Yondu tank blue, paired with Val and Groot.  Able to gen blue, fire Yondu's monster blue and ride the buffed repeater wave.

Stepford Cuckoos increases purple match damage by 247.  Add that to any team with weak purple.

I honestly wish I could get my hands on more.  But I am NOT spending CP on the good ones.  No way.  HP deals are a bit expensive IMHO.  Wish there was a way to get more blue support tokens.  There's a couple i'd like to get my hands on.
    If, and i mention this every time because people forget, you are extremely lucky with your supports pulls.  

I have opened plenty of support tokens up until maybe October, when i decided to hoard until they add all supports into the basic token.  I am also at a point in the game where i pull the 100hp deal every day, on every vault, so i possibly am on the higher side of average for support tokens opened.  So with that said, i dont even have Sharon Carter, let alone super lucky rare pull of a 4* version.  As for Stepford, that isnt even in the basic tokens, so congrats on proving you are a double extreme outlier of luck.

Invariably, almost every single support thread, someone comes in to sing their praises, only to find out because they have super lucky pulls, and i have to point this out to them.  Congrats a second time, for being that person in this thread.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    marshall said:
    That's an assumption, and not even a good one. 
    To each their own, but if handled properly(which they probably won't) it could work.

I mentioned this before in another thread, but compare them to Team Ups.  When they rolled out TU's and TU tiles, the enemy team was equipped with three TU from ALL available choices, just as you were able to do.  This ended up being too powerful, because it gave them too many powers to fire, and win/loss ratio took a noticeable dip by everyone. I don't remember how long it took to fix it(my memory feels like it was fairly quickly), but eventually they went with the enemy team only getting one TU (limited to team ups in the other players TU pool in pvp, not sure where/what the pool is for pve).

So, if they make it so that supports are friendly-side only, and attached supports for enemy teams are reduced or negated in some way, it could help shake up the meta in a good way.  Maybe
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

i pull the 100hp deal every day, on every vault, so i possibly am on the higher side of average for support tokens opened.  So with that said, i dont even have Sharon Carter, let alone super lucky rare pull of a 4* version.  As for Stepford, that isnt even in the basic tokens, so congrats on proving you are a double extreme outlier of luck.

Invariably, almost every single support thread, someone comes in to sing their praises, only to find out because they have super lucky pulls, and i have to point this out to them.  Congrats a second time, for being that person in this thread.
     Nothing lucky or rare about it.  4* supports are purchase only.    For my roster I can afford the 3-4K hp for the h4h offer.  But there is no other way to get a 4* support except as season placement reward or 1 every 28 days.