***** Kingpin (Spider-Verse) *****

12346»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,527 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is almost certainly a contingent of folks who use him simply because they have him. Every 5* is somebody's only 5* champ most likely.

BlackBoltRocks was telling me on the side they have been running GE Doom/Jessica Jones/Fi5k with good results, but I haven't seen anyone fielding this particular team anywhere in my simulator travels. I could probably attempt this team, I have those 3 characters with 12/9/11 covers respectively, i just haven't sunk any iso into Doom or Fi5k
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Kingpin could be improved there's little debate there, but I've been having good success when he is paired with 5* Carol. She earns free green from her repeater, and KP's green is actually quite good. It's fortified and a 2-turn damage dealer of around 8500.
    The problem is usually surrounding KP's blue, and certainly his black. Now, with Carol she is usually creating strike tiles with little effort from her red repeater (yes it's easy to keep safe for a while when played correctly). KP's blue hits pretty hard and gives away one of his small attack tiles ideally, or one of Carol's strikes if you need to. This should steal enemy red AP so you can quickly play another of Carol's red repeaters. 
    Any purple-black user fits in here, and Goblin is an ideal candidate since he will fortify all of these repeaters. This is not a scary team to face, but things can easily get out of hand against you. 
    As stated, Jessica or Doom could easily be the better black user and you could forgo the purple.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only time I use my champed Kingpin is when I pair him with 5Widow, for a full rainbow, to clear the three PvE easy nodes. Even then, he's just there to soak damage from Court Death so I don't have to use health packs on my characters who are actually effective.

And the only reason I have a champed Kingpin is because he happened to be there when I pulled a hoard for Kitty.