MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2018 Edition *Updated (12/20/18)

Options

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    5* Doctor Octopus Featured for Sinister 600. So, not a boss event. And he’s interrupting the LLLCC schedule I believe? Have to wonder if Loki follows, then a Classic, then back to Latest 3, or Loki is followed by 2 Classic, or if cats and dogs are just living together now.
    The Holiday Celebration thread describes Sinister 600 as an alliance story event.  So maybe it'll be like Places of Power but with a bit more structure and narrative?
    First part yes, second part we can only hope...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Just expect if they run the Places of Power again, or a re skin, for the rewards to be cut big time. I would not expect them to give out as much as they did for the anniversary events. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    5* Doctor Octopus Featured for Sinister 600. So, not a boss event. And he’s interrupting the LLLCC schedule I believe? Have to wonder if Loki follows, then a Classic, then back to Latest 3, or Loki is followed by 2 Classic, or if cats and dogs are just living together now.
    The Holiday Celebration thread describes Sinister 600 as an alliance story event.  So maybe it'll be like Places of Power but with a bit more structure and narrative?
    First part yes, second part we can only hope...
    Well, there's a screenshot of Spider-Ham speaking.  That already looks like more narrative than Places of Power.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

They seem to be doing the same thing they did for the MCU anniversary, they had a special cycle of Essentials then too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This list of requireds:

Sinister 600 - 4 Day Alliance Event (12/13/18) *New Update*
    Stay tuned for full details!

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Doctor Octopus (Classic)
    4-Star: Domino
    3-Star: Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Coupled with this list of boosted 4*s:

(12/13/18 - 12/20/18) *New Update*
    • 4-Star: Venom (Agent Venom), Jubilee, Nova, Spider-Woman, Yondu
    Should make for some hilarious black-based board shake teams
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4-Star: Venom (Agent Venom), Jubilee, Nova, Spider-Woman, Yondu

Ugh...boost list disaster! I guess I got spoiled this week.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Only champ on there i have is Yondu, but given the iso i could do Venom, Nova, or Spider-Woman who are all at 209 waiting...

I may champ Nova regardless though, i have 10 covers saved for him, he's probably about due.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only champ on there i have is Yondu, but given the iso i could do Venom, Nova, or Spider-Woman who are all at 209 waiting...

I may champ Nova regardless though, i have 10 covers saved for him, he's probably about due.
    Nova is a lot of fun. I often pull him out even when not boosted.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Definately do Nova or Venom. Same exact active colors. Both are great but I prefer Nova.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agent Venom is very good at higher levels, he gets insane at higher levels. But with saved covers there is no need to champ him immediately, stack the covers until you can get him to a fun level. :)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Likewise I can champ A Venom, Yondu or Spider-Woman but the only one I want to champ is Nova who is 2 covers short.

Wotta Revoltin' Development.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Hmm...so thinking about this more and as Domino is the required 4, I'm thinking I'll need a decent black user as I only have her at 0/0/2 and so all that potential black is useless without someone to do something with it and my Domino can't do anything. Might as well make use of somebody boosted. I see Agent Venom is a popular choice here but I just really don't care for the character. Yondu? Otherwise I guess I'm looking at 3* Luke. Can anyone sell me on Agent Venom?
  • Smart80
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hmm...so thinking about this more and as Domino is the required 4, I'm thinking I'll need a decent black user as I only have her at 0/0/2 and so all that potential black is useless without someone to do something with it and my Domino can't do anything. Might as well make use of somebody boosted. I see Agent Venom is a popular choice here but I just really don't care for the character. Yondu? Otherwise I guess I'm looking at 3* Luke. Can anyone sell me on Agent Venom?
    Just fire the cheapest massive nuke in the game once... Nothing more to say about it really....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    a boosted 3* Iron Fist isn't necessarily burning that black, but sitting on it all makes his purple into a real winner
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Cheap yet pretty powerful black plus his yellow can make your team go invisible for four turns. Pair Domino and Cloak and Dagger with Agent Venom. The first two produce blacks for him plus you could flip C/D to fuel his yellow. Not to mention C/D will be spitting out attack tiles. You could also go with 3* Fist to fuel blacks for AV.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Thanks guys, looks like Agent Venom is getting champed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I went with Kid Nova, and got a pair of LTs for my trouble from the 10 saved covers. Jury is out, he definitely didn't help me a ton on that Deadly sub in Sinister 600 lol.
  • Smart80
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Enjoy
    Used mine to kill deadly solo waves.. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Let us know what you think! I just champed Domino and she pairs beautifully while both are boosted. I’m using 5* Thor (level 255) and it’s brutal. Fuels Venom yellow and Domino red/green. Cascades for days drops more black than Flash knows what to do with.  Super fun!
    I went with Kid Nova, and got a pair of LTs for my trouble from the 10 saved covers. Jury is out, he definitely didn't help me a ton on that Deadly sub in Sinister 600 lol.
    I think Nova is very underrated. Used mine to beat the solo wave nodes on deadly yesterday. Put some strikes out with black or yellow and then red allows you to stack more AP while the opponent is airborne. Works essentially like a stun that does big damage for the cheap cost. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(12/14/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies.