the 3* dupe farm blues

2»

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm actually onto triplicates now on my 3*'s. I have 11 of them with two full champs. I find it kind of hard at the moment to sell the second champ (I'm post-ISO and post-HP so I don't really need the resources) since it was such a monumental effort to acquire and is a nice luxury on the rare occasions that character's PVP comes up. But if something ever changes in the game economy where I need the HP or ISO, they make a nice little piggy bank. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    I'm actually onto triplicates now on my 3*'s. I have 11 of them with two full champs. I find it kind of hard at the moment to sell the second champ (I'm post-ISO and post-HP so I don't really need the resources) since it was such a monumental effort to acquire and is a nice luxury on the rare occasions that character's PVP comes up. But if something ever changes in the game economy where I need the HP or ISO, they make a nice little piggy bank. 
    That’s what’s likely going to happen with me as well. 

I’m not post-iso as I’m slowly sinking iso into my fives and it will take like 8 million or something to champ all the ones I have close to 13. But thanks to cover save and my love of the 4* game I can take my sweet time getting there and afford to make other tiers more of a priority.  Like you I have 2 sets of 3* (just for me the second set is champed but not maxed). Many of the second batch are approaching 266 and I already decided I’m going to roster a third to collect 100 covers and flip, which of course means there will be a significant resource drought for awhile. Should be interesting. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Man let me tell you, a 3* farm running on all cylinders gets pretty disgusting fast. I'm one of those people who didn't want to move into the 4-star tier until every 3-star was champed, so by the time I was about halfway through the 4-star tier, a lot of my 3s had gotten to Lv. 220+. I found myself getting just as excited to pull 3s from token pulls as I was 4s, because the LTs, CP, Heroics to pull more 3s/4s, and iso to champ the 4s was coming at such a ridiculous rate. 

I ended up having to slow down a bit to re-build dupes because everyone started hitting 266 around the same time, but now that I've champed everyone over again, I'm starting to reach that sweet spot once more. Even just in the process of champing them all again, I was champing a new 3* every 2-3 days, so still a pretty decent rate of LTs. I have my 3* duping process to thank directly for me having a LumberCap who's only 1 cover short. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a lot of different methods here to farm characters, and because I like to understand all aspects of something, I'll attempt to list the different methods:  (this is mostly for my benefit)

#1 - Immediately Sell Method - once max champed with 1 extra cover, sell and start over.  Requires no extra roster slots, but they will need ISO over time to re-champ.  This may hurt you in 3* PVP.
    #2 - Sell When 2*Covers are Expiring Method - I do this with 2*s, extra covers sit on my vine for almost 2 weeks, then I sell the max champ and immediately re-champ with some champ rewards, costs me around 8K ISO and no extra roster slots
    #3 - Sell & Re-champ when 3*Dupe has 13+ Total Covers - Simply start a dupe and re-champ when possible.  This will cost you a little ISO, but it should give you an LT consolation prize for 3* characters.  This method minimizes extra roster slots. 
    #4 - Sell & Re-champ when 3*Dupe has 17 Saved Covers - This will cost you a little ISO, but you'll get an LT, 100 HP, 2 CP and 4* cover immediately.   This method may not save you roster slots, but you don't have to wait as long to get 3* champ rewards again.  The downside is that your 3* may not be as strong as others in PVP.
    #5 - Sell & Re-champ when 3* Dupe has 57 Saved Covers - This might be ISO neutral, but you'll get an LT, 250 HP, 10 CP, 2 HT and 2 x 4* covers immediately.  This brings the 3* to level 223, which is the beginning of the road to great champ rewards.  I don't see any downside to this except waiting a long time.
    #6 - Sell & Re-champ when 3* Dupe has 100 Saved Covers - This takes A LOT of patience as you'll have a 3* Champ Reward drought for a year.  But the reward is getting a buttload of rewards all at once: 4 LT, 900 HP, 48 CP, 2 HT, 3 x 4* covers.
    #7 - Keep the Max Champ Method - You essentially farm the dupe, selling and re-champing like above.  You could continue to make more max champs to save health packs, specifically for the 2* and 3* essential nodes when using 5*Thanos. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    And before you know it, you’ll be sending your dupe 266’s to the chipper.
    When you talk about chippers you've really got to include a reference to either Fargo, or Tucker & Dale vs Evil. And Tucker & Dale will always get my vote: https://youtu.be/WSoMlpQ6yz8?t=95
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have 3* dupe farm blues because I have 20 fully covered 4s that need that iso more so I can champ them. I'll make an exception for my Thor dupe since he will give me my 13th cover for Red Hulk but then it's back to working on my 4s.
  • bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    rixmith said:
    That’s what’s likely going to happen with me as well. 

I’m not post-iso as I’m slowly sinking iso into my fives and it will take like 8 million or something to champ all the ones I have close to 13. But thanks to cover save and my love of the 4* game I can take my sweet time getting there and afford to make other tiers more of a priority.  Like you I have 2 sets of 3* (just for me the second set is champed but not maxed). Many of the second batch are approaching 266 and I already decided I’m going to roster a third to collect 100 covers and flip, which of course means there will be a significant resource drought for awhile. Should be interesting. 
    I'm about 20 3 stars away from having fully champed everyone twice, I love having the bank of 40 something I could sell at any time when I need ISO. I'm just into 5 star land with 5 champs and I don't have any sense of urgency to champ 4s so I've been spending to rechamp 3s instead, I'll champ a 4 when I get to 10 saved covers for 2 LLs. It's definitely a slow grind but having the resources banked is very satisfying to me for whatever reason.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    There's a lot of different methods here to farm characters, and because I like to understand all aspects of something, I'll attempt to list the different methods:  (this is mostly for my benefit)

#1 - Immediately Sell Method - once max champed with 1 extra cover, sell and start over.  Requires no extra roster slots, but they will need ISO over time to re-champ.  This may hurt you in 3* PVP.
    #2 - Sell When 2*Covers are Expiring Method - I do this with 2*s, extra covers sit on my vine for almost 2 weeks, then I sell the max champ and immediately re-champ with some champ rewards, costs me around 8K ISO and no extra roster slots
    #3 - Sell & Re-champ when 3*Dupe has 13+ Total Covers - Simply start a dupe and re-champ when possible.  This will cost you a little ISO, but it should give you an LT consolation prize for 3* characters.  This method minimizes extra roster slots. 
    #4 - Sell & Re-champ when 3*Dupe has 17 Saved Covers - This will cost you a little ISO, but you'll get an LT, 100 HP, 2 CP and 4* cover immediately.   This method may not save you roster slots, but you don't have to wait as long to get 3* champ rewards again.  The downside is that your 3* may not be as strong as others in PVP.
    #5 - Sell & Re-champ when 3* Dupe has 57 Saved Covers - This might be ISO neutral, but you'll get an LT, 250 HP, 10 CP, 2 HT and 2 x 4* covers immediately.  This brings the 3* to level 223, which is the beginning of the road to great champ rewards.  I don't see any downside to this except waiting a long time.
    #6 - Sell & Re-champ when 3* Dupe has 100 Saved Covers - This takes A LOT of patience as you'll have a 3* Champ Reward drought for a year.  But the reward is getting a buttload of rewards all at once: 4 LT, 900 HP, 48 CP, 2 HT, 3 x 4* covers.
    #7 - Keep the Max Champ Method - You essentially farm the dupe, selling and re-champing like above.  You could continue to make more max champs to save health packs, specifically for the 2* and 3* essential nodes when using 5*Thanos. 
    This is really useful data, mucho thanks @bbigler. Might you happen already to have it compiled for 4* and 2*s, too, and be willing to share?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    This is really useful data, mucho thanks @bbigler. Might you happen already to have it compiled for 4* and 2*s, too, and be willing to share?
    I don't have a saved list, this is just something I wrote in the moment.  Because 2*s cycle so quickly and are essentially non-essential to competitive play, you can farm them however you like.  4*s take a very long time to cycle, so selling a max champed 4* is a bad idea in general.  You could farm the 4* dupe however you like, but I've seen some whales with multiple max champed 4*s, which I assume saves them health packs. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Yepyep said:
    I don't have a saved list, this is just something I wrote in the moment.  Because 2*s cycle so quickly and are essentially non-essential to competitive play, you can farm them however you like.  4*s take a very long time to cycle, so selling a max champed 4* is a bad idea in general.  You could farm the 4* dupe however you like, but I've seen some whales with multiple max champed 4*s, which I assume saves them health packs. 
    All good. I'm in deep 4* land, but this kind of cheat-sheet is incredibly useful and I'm sure many here could use the info. Just thought I'd ask. Some peeps are number crunchers by nature and have this kind of info sitting around. It's pure fatback for someone like me...