What PvE SCL do you usually play?

2»

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    SCL 6
    Though I do play SCL 7 on occasion when I like the boosted and essential list and/or I actually have the 5* essential character (rare since I only this past week have I gone up to having  8 of them).  
    I have been wondering if I should be playing more SCL 7 than 6 lately.  I am very close to having  a few champed 4* on my roster.  At least half of my 3* are at champed lvl 200+, which i noticed to be a turning point in my game-play.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    I only play to the first CP reward just past the 4* progression, so the back-loading of progression rewards makes the bonus from higher SCL's not really worth the extra time it takes to clear.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 7
    Though I do play SCL 7 on occasion when I like the boosted and essential list and/or I actually have the 5* essential character (rare since I only this past week have I gone up to having  8 of them).  
    I have been wondering if I should be playing more SCL 7 than 6 lately.  I am very close to having  a few champed 4* on my roster.  At least half of my 3* are at champed lvl 200+, which i noticed to be a turning point in my game-play.  
    I started playing 7 before I ever champed a 4*.

Helps you gather 4* covers through progression.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    SCL 6

I have done that.  That's how I got Agent Venom cover whenever he was last essential.  My problem (prior to this week)  was I need HP to roster a 4* cover on the vine before expiring so I played SCL 6 to place Top 50 to get HP rewards.  Or, I played SCL 6 to place Top 50 to get a cover for the new character.  

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 9
    Until recently I would have said 8 with the occasional 9 but I’m getting close to 50% champed 5*s and doing a lot of soft capping so I feel more equipped to 9 much more regularly.  

My rule has always been I do 9 if the 5E is champed or at least to L350. That’s still the case but it’s more common place that I’m there. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    SCL 9
    Moved up to 9 permanently when I champed my first 5*. With a full stable of champed 4*s and now 4 champed 5s (2 more at 12 covers), it goes pretty smoothly other than many of the 5* required nodes.

While I could fight for t10 at 7 or 8, I prefer to cruise to t50 in 9 which gives an automatic 4*. All the progression rewards are slightly higher too.
  • TheOne
    TheOne Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    SCL 8
    I'm slowly building my 4* Champs, and I have almost every 5*.  I don't play for placement, so I play 8 for the extra CP and extra 3* cover. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 7

I have done that.  That's how I got Agent Venom cover whenever he was last essential.  My problem (prior to this week)  was I need HP to roster a 4* cover on the vine before expiring so I played SCL 6 to place Top 50 to get HP rewards.  Or, I played SCL 6 to place Top 50 to get a cover for the new character.  

That makes sense, I wasn’t considering the HP needs so that’s my bad.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 9
    I always play 9.  With my schedule I usually can’t play optimally, so t10 is impossible.  But I can get t50 in SL9, so I often get a 4* and better progression rewards.  I also enjoy the 5* essential challenge, although there are days I only do a few clears.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 8
    I usually play in SCL8, except when there is a new character release. Then I play in SCL9, as more places reward a 4* cover in a new release event.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 8
    jredd said:
    9. can't wait for 10. it says coming soon. for like the last 3 years. 
    Soon™
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 9
    9 except for when doc ock is the essential, as he's the lone 5* I don't have rostered.  Doesn't matter if I only have 1 cover for the essential, I don't need them anyway.
    I generally just shoot for top 50 so speed isn't really an issue.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 8
    (4* player) These days I usually go for SCL8, sometimes 7, and rarely 9. 

For new character releases I usually hop into SCL9 because of the wider placement range that gives the new covers.

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    SCL 7
    Until they change the format I’ll still do scl7 and use the tried and true 3 characters to breeze thru it
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    7 for me. I would love to see them change up pve, maybe make it more like the raid where you can get solid rewards without racing against the clock, but until then 7 works for me.