What PvE SCL do you usually play?

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
As a 4* player, I was curious to know...where do most people play most often and why?
Does it depend on whether you have the boosted characters?
Does it matter whether you are shooting for placement or just progression?
How else do you decide when to move up or down?
Been hitting SCL 8 for a while and wondering...when is it time to try to move up? Is it necessary to have a champed or at least decently leveled 5*s?

Thanks for sharing your input!

What PvE SCL do you usually play? 107 votes

SCL 9
37%
KolencerixmithkillercoolPunter1wymtimedivouneChipster22Trilateralusrdvargas1jreddMoosePrimeprofessorplum9Richyyytiger92882[Deleted User]The rockettbonny79Pants1000brolltherightwaye 40 votes
SCL 8
26%
SpoitafsplatZommyGDDeNappapillaroffaith23AlphateamStevO-JLoosieseyerinmaguirenumber6waywrethAlfje17JaedenkaalFelessaTheOneturbomooseMelovingu1Nomad400MadScientistReecoh 28 votes
SCL 7
31%
DormammuSidlonDragon_NexusDartmaster01Stranger DanLystrataZootSaxNick441234Twomp_thaDJiron-n-wineHalleckScreen MonkeyBubba3210TeamStewieqandolsTPF AlexisSt_BernaduscaptainheathjameshNotBAMF 34 votes
SCL 6
3%
kk3thessPersephoneManoPAEx_XMan_Man 4 votes
SCL 5
0%
SCL 4
0%
Banquetto 1 vote
SCL 3
0%
SCL 2
0%
SCL 1
0%
What's PvE?
0%

Comments

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    SCL 9
    The only question is how hard the 5essential node is... but it’s always still beatable, just maybe not optimal, so I stay at 9 for PvE.   Unless you think you can makes top 10 in another level...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    SCL 8
    I mostly do 8 but more and more I’m going for 9 lately as I’m almost in 5* land , no champed characters yet but hopefully the big man with the beard and red suit will bring me some nice 5*s for Xmas 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 7
    Usually 7 as I’m fully in 4* land. The increased rewards in 8 simply isn’t worth the time required to move up. I do play 9 when I don’t have the 5E to max out my CP gain and I lazy play it anyway. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    SCL 7
    Im in 3* land slowly inching toward the 4* transition, although scl 8 and even 9 are now open to me, i doubt i could even make max progress there, so i dont even try them.
     I think i'll be sticking to scl7 for a very long time to come (unless they revamp the rewards for scl8 to make pushing for it worth trying to punch above my weight class).
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    A mix of SCL 7 and 8.
    I've got a fairly solid 4* roster (highest level 4*s are at 303, with 64 championed), so it's not a case of SCL 8 being unachievable.  Instead, it's more that the extra time investment doesn't really pay off.
    I haven't given SCL 9 a shot yet, so I don't know how I'd go at that level.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 9
    SCL 9 has better progression rewards, and I don't play hard enough to be concerned with placement.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find PvE almost tedious beyond words and so have found my answer recently to be "not at all" - I haven't even bothered to start Honor Amongst Thieves. I was playing SCL8 but it just takes too long and I can't at present play optimally for placement so I'm tempted to drop down for Enemy of the State.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 9
    9. can't wait for 10. it says coming soon. for like the last 3 years. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    CL8 if I have a 5* who's boosted and with enough covers.
    CL7 if I don't.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 7
    CL7

GrockGamDusa does the job unless I have some sort of good boosted synergy.  GrockGam pairs well for the 2/3/4 nodes.  If I have the 5* (only missing 3) usually Chavez/Hood to get the crit match damage.

Happy that CL7 isn't too much of a chore.  
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    SCL 8
    I have a few 5* champed, but they don't have much synergy. The 5* required nodes can get pretty evil pretty quick. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    SCL 7

All things considered even, I play SCL7. I am a clear-cut 4* player with about 50 (give or take a handful) champed 4* characters.

If Grocket is boosted and/or the PVE is one that is extremely goons-heavy (Strange Sights, Red Iso-8, Honor Among Thieves, Enemy of the State), I will move up to SCL8.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    I don't have the time it takes to do clears in SCL 9 and there's absolutely no point to the existence of SCL 8.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7
    Always 7. Even though I'm in 5* land, I value my free time. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    SCL 9
    SCL 9. I rarely fight for placement, but the bonuses/rewards for top 50/100 finishes and progression in ISO and CP has helped me beef up my 4 star roster as I'm gathering 5-star covers.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 8
    Got all 4* champed (apart from latest 4), no fully coverd 5*. Played SCL9 when it came out and found out that I could play it, but it took way too much time, so have been playing SCL8 for a year now.
    Tried SCL9 a few times when I had plenty of free time, but it's not worth it: I tend to be top50 (sometimes top20) in SCL8, but only top100 with much more effort in SCL9.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    SCL 6
    SCL 6. I don't have neither the newer 4* nor 5* to move to SCL 7 to compete at least for top 50. But I occasionally move to SCL when I have both required characters, but it's a rare occasion.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 8
    SCL 8. The 25 CP for full progression is perfect and I’m not strong enough for 9 yet.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    SCL 7
    SCL7 only. I should try SCL8 two or three times to check it out, but the rewards don't make a compelling case for what I assume (maybe incorrectly) is simply taking more time to play.

The boosted characters are one of a few factors I weigh in deciding how far into progression to go, or if to play an event at all. They usually aren't the deciding factor though.