Surprising Synergy

2»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For infinity health, use 4* Fantastic with Medusa, and Carnage and this team can't be beaten. 
    I loved this team, it got me through a lot of difficult fights in 4-star land and was one of my go-to teams in the SIM. Unfortunately, it can be beaten all too easily by R4G + Guardian which dominates the 4-star field. You don't want to be giving them attack tiles with all those strikes out.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Brigby said:
    I use the following 2-Star team to clear Deadpool's Daily Quests all the time:
    • Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Modern)
    You collect Purple to fuel Magneto's Polarity Shift, then use it to create 5-tile Blue matches, which both fuels Storm's Wind Storm and triggers Hawkeye's Speed Shot.
    Yep, I use this team twice a day, every day...
    Same here.  Turned my alliance on to it as well.  Why waste time when these three can waste the opposition?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rather than Storm, I run that team with Thor in the middle at 5/5/3, that way he maximizes his chances of creating more match-5s. I find that Storm's blue is pretty pricy for the result i get
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Rather than Storm, I run that team with Thor in the middle at 5/5/3, that way he maximizes his chances of creating more match-5s. I find that Storm's blue is pretty pricy for the result i get
    I'll sometimes run this team if I've oversold my farm Storms; I try to keep two maxed. Benefits are that Thor is much harder to kill than Storm and puts yellow to excellent use (Storm's is useless if your team is all at 144), though I personally still run Thor at 3/5/5 (Hawkeye's red is so much better). It's just annoying how slow he is to get going -- and there are many times when Storm's blue stun is the de facto coup de grâce bc it kills two of three and stuns the last. Often, that's a nice luxury in "Third Time's the Charm."
  • Yepyep
    Dormammu said:
    For infinity health, use 4* Fantastic with Medusa, and Carnage and this team can't be beaten. 
    I loved this team, it got me through a lot of difficult fights in 4-star land and was one of my go-to teams in the SIM. Unfortunately, it can be beaten all too easily by R4G + Guardian which dominates the 4-star field. You don't want to be giving them attack tiles with all those strikes out.
    I'm not sure I understand your last sentence -- do you mean the problem is on defense and there are simply too many tiles for the AI to clear in the face of human opposition? Theoretically, Medusa's Hair Meddle would solve this problem nicely, having accrued AP from Resolute Queen, if only the AI weren't so dumb...

In my opinion, the real strength of this team is not that it is unbeatable but rather that it is expensive to beat, health-wise. I definitely skip it unless it's the only option for real points.
  • Yepyep
    edited November 2018
    My candidate for surprising synergy is Peggy (5/3/5), Iceman (5/5/3), and Vulture (5/3/5). It can be slow getting V's black up to speed, but once you do it's a quick game. And Peggy gives you some time to do that. (1) It's a rainbow team, and while yellow is useless as AP it does decent match damage. (2) The full-team stun at 17 blue is pretty easy to achieve. (3) Icy's stun can handle a troublemaker like Red Hulk early while keeping V's blue <10. (4) But V's blue at 10 is awesome to scour the board and do strong damage. (5) Running Peggy at 5 red makes every color except yellow directly useful. (6) Icy's pink can sometimes give a little board shake if you're desperate for that.

I guess my only question is: is this synergy "surprising" or just "awesome?"  ;)
  • Dormammu
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:
    I'm not sure I understand your last sentence -- do you mean the problem is on defense and there are simply too many tiles for the AI to clear in the face of human opposition? Theoretically, Medusa's Hair Meddle would solve this problem nicely, having accrued AP from Resolute Queen, if only the AI weren't so dumb...

In my opinion, the real strength of this team is not that it is unbeatable but rather that it is expensive to beat, health-wise. I definitely skip it unless it's the only option for real points.
    I mean... you don't want to give 4- star Rocket & Groot (+ Guardian) a bunch of free attack tiles (from Carnage) since each separate attack tile gains the benefits of Grocket's strike tiles. Medusa and Mr. F's healing can't keep up and you'll get chewed to pieces.

That's why prior to Grocket/Gamora/Medusa the 4-star meta was Cardusa, but it isn't the meta anymore.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

I mean... you don't want to give 4- star Rocket & Groot (+ Guardian) a bunch of free attack tiles (from Carnage) since each separate attack tile gains the benefits of Grocket's strike tiles. Medusa and Mr. F's healing can't keep up and you'll get chewed to pieces.

That's why prior to Grocket/Gamora/Medusa the 4-star meta was Cardusa, but it isn't the meta anymore.
    Is that how it works, or do all the Attacks get aggregated into a single damage pool and THEN get the strikes added to them?
  • Yepyep
    Dormammu said:
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

Thanks for the response, @Dormammu. This is a little off-topic, but: I know sequential matches will each trigger all strike tiles (so a cascade of three matches triggers all strikes three times). OTOH, attack tiles fire once as a group, at the end of a turn. Are you saying that, when they do, each attack tile is treated individually and each one individually triggers all the strikes (so three attack tiles function -- like a cascade of three matches -- to trigger all strikes three times)? If yes, holy tinykitty! I didn't know that...
  • Dormammu
    edited November 2018
    Each individual attack tile add the strike tiles separately. That's why Medusa (and her ability to make attack tiles) is forever attached to Grocket & Gamora. Match Medusa's countdown once and all the sudden you're triple double-dipping those strikes on top of your match damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, Attack tiles are bundled and treated as one damage source. Otherwise, 3* Storm plus even a fairly moderate Strike generator would just be insane.
    Even so, giving Grockamora one more round of hits every turn with the Attack tiles lets them burn down Carnage/Medusa/Mr. F faster than their healing can keep up with. I've taken that team down plenty of times with Grockamoradusa.
  • Dormammu
    Yeah, that's right @TPF Alexis  I was confusing Medusa's countdown and attack tiles. Those are treated as two separate instances for the strikes.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    I use the following 2-Star team to clear Deadpool's Daily Quests all the time:
    • Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Modern)
    You collect Purple to fuel Magneto's Polarity Shift, then use it to create 5-tile Blue matches, which both fuels Storm's Wind Storm and triggers Hawkeye's Speed Shot.
    Wow, this really kicks my memories back to the 'old style' DDQ 4-wave node. My go-to team for that was MBW / CStorm / MNMags. Black widow's passive kept dealing extra damage and stealing blue/purple, and while you could use BW's purple to steal AP, more often you would Magneto's to generate blue for Storm and red for his own nuke.