(Huawai) Game not loading [Fixed in R171]

Tomlinson93
Tomlinson93 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I've recently upgraded my phone to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and since I have I cannot play Marvel Puzzle Quest. I open the game to hear the initial sound when the app opens but just a black screen and then my phone freezes. I don't have this problem with any other app. I've had to resort to using my old phone just to play the game. 

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I’m having an issue connecting to Facebook 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Tomlinson93
    The team is currently investigating this issue. If you would, please submit a ticket to Customer Support as the team is currently gathering information in regards to this problem.  
  • djzen
    djzen Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Got the exact same issue with my mate 20 pro
  • edwardedz
    edwardedz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Same here ... Hopefully it will be resolved soon
  • adroit_1
    adroit_1 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Is there any update on this issue?  I have been experiencing the same since I activated my Mate 20 Pro on November 15.
  • djzen
    djzen Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    1 month later and still no news about this issue. Pretty annoyed with the situation since I was a regular player. So, any news about it please????
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I apologize for the inconvenience, however we unfortunately do not have any update on this issue at this moment.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Update my Huawei P20 this morning and same problem. I'll put in a ticket shortly. 
    *edit* my phone moved to Android Pie with the update.
  • adroit_soldier
    adroit_soldier Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    When I opened a ticket over a month ago, I was told it had to do with EMUI 9.  If that is the case, with Huawei rolling out Android Pie (EMUI 9), there should more players that experience this issue which should hopefully mean more support tickets opened.  
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I've got the same problem with my Honor View 10 which updated to EMUI 9 last week. Got a support ticket open already.
  • targaryen
    targaryen Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I hope they get this sorted soon, I miss playing this game  :'(
  • Gummifloh
    Gummifloh Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Well so far far they have not been able to solve this problem. They are offering to transfer your current account to another device and then retransfer as soon as the problem is solved..
  • Lady_Dragone
    Lady_Dragone Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Dec. 29th did a firware update on my Huawei P20 Pro and then could no longer play the game. It loads and the goes blank and crashes my phone. It was running fine before the update. My phone is now running on android 9 with EMUI 9.0.0 I hope they fix this soon. It's annoying to have to take another device just to play MPQ.
  • PrinceNite
    PrinceNite Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Same here, just updated my Huawei Mate 10 Pro to Emui 9.0. Then can't log in anymore  :'(:'(
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue, phone updated itself last night to EMUI 9 and the game has refused to load. Ticket has been submitted

@Brigby is there any further update? It's been more than a month since the issue was first reported and there's been no update yet
  • pierig
    pierig Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hello,
    Same issue for me also. Have open a ticket
  • Lady_Dragone
    Lady_Dragone Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Got an answer to my ticket which was sorry the only thing we can do is help you transfer you game on an other plateform... Not really helpful.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. So we're unfortunately stuck at a bit of a blockade at the moment. We have acquired a Huawei device to investigate this issue, however, the EMUI 9 update is not available for it yet. We've received word that the specific Huawei model we possess will be included in the next wave of device updates, however, we're unaware of when that update will arrive.

Until then, I'm afraid we're unable to determine what's going on, however, Customer Support is happy to help players transfer their account to another device if they wish to play in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.
  • alhana14
    alhana14 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I'm having the same problem with my Huawei Mate 10. It was updated to Android 9.0 and EMUI 9.0.0 yesterday and MPQ could not load after that. It just froze my phone :( Missing the game a lot so I hope you guys get a fix out soon.
  • ivanguardist
    ivanguardist Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    same problem as the others. now when I leave home, I have to bring my phone, and my old phone ... please fix it soon. thank you.