What's your essential duo?

2»

Comments

• SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Okoye + Medusa on Essential nodes, Okoye + Medusa + 3* Thanos on the Hard nodes.

I love how Okoye makes even 3* characters viable again for 4* and 5* players. I'd really like to see more characters who open up more character selection possibilities the way that Okoye does.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    GrockGamDusa without question on non-essential

GrockGam on essentials if it makes sense (unless an obvious team is presented based on the essential)

Chavez-Hood-Boosted 5* (this one can be real nice)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    For low level nodes - Thanos + OML. Meat Shield is generally character #3.  One match usually ends the fight.

Thor and either 5trange is the node is full of goons, or 5-star Black Widow if it's not.  The more I'm using her, the more I'm liking her.  Even if she is a bit slow, she hits like a truck.  Her purple can get rid of countdowns, which is somethign even Strange's purple can't do.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just grocket gamora everything until I lose. Then I'll look
    Pretty much this, plus Cloak and Dagger when there's no essential. This team rarely lets me down, and it's just silly if any of them are boosted.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* daredevil, then I just scrounge through the boost list. He has lots of partners.

On non essentials teaming up cloak and dagger, and valkyrie with him is a riot.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited November 2018
    Okoye +Medusa 

Im a new second time around player who started up again with Okoye in latest and zero self control. Ignored all data and used tokens and CP as i got it and managed to get her to a 5/1/1. Then further ignored all searchable advice and dumped iso into her during anniversary. She is now at 360 and allows me to punch WAY above my weight class.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Used to be Oml Thano5, is jj Thor now
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    In the current Honor among thieves, where you meet a lot of enemies that dont move tiles, i tried 4* R&G paired with Kitty. Now my R&G isnt even max covered and Kitty only has one in yellow, but it's smooth sailing. It's just making sure you have enough friendly strike/attack tiles on the board, cause if you do it gets better every turn.
    Just imagine if you have a max covered R&G and a much better Kitty. It would be complete havoc.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I used to play around with various teams, but for the last couple of months I just can't be bothered.  So it's Thanos / Thor / Anyone on the final clears of the 3 easy nodes until Thor is damaged enough, then Okoye / Thor / Essential or Jessica.

On the climb back down the ladder on the first 4 clears, it's Thanos / Anyone / Anyone Else for the easy nodes.

I play SCL 8, so even though Jessica is only 5/4/3 or something like that, it works fine for me.  I usually get top 10, no health packs needed.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a hard 5e node that I might struggle to finish at all with an under-covered required, I'll go with Vulture/G4mora to stun lock everyone until I can Deadliest Woman them and/or One Fell Swoop the rest. It's not super fast, but it's pretty reliable.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I'm a 3* noob.. for goons, it's Dr. Strange and GSBW, for villains, it's Daken and Iron Fist.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Vulture + BSSM is a go to for 5* nodes that are trouble, especially if the opponent does not have a AOE.  Just match a few blacks (or start with it).   vulture black goes airborne making green for BSSM who goes invisible.  Blue is auto used by Vulture.   Not quick, but works.  Match black first, then blue if there are cd tiles, otherwise green and finally purple. 
    However expect the required 5* to die.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Only a 4* player here, usually SCL 8, in order of use and ignoring boosted characters:

1) MEH Hulk at 5/5/3 and Chavez at 3/5/5. Makes it super easy to get those crits rolling in no time, gives you match 4's and 5's more often, frequently helps line up enemy special tiles for removal, and often fills up Hulk to lay down his purple smash--which only increases your AP lead in every other color. Oh yeah, and add a nice support or two that, say, boosts crit multipliers...

2) Rocket & Gamora, especially against lower health characters

3) Vulture and Cloak & Dagger. If there's lots of CD tiles being put out, I put Vulture's Blue at 5 and Green at 3. Otherwise the reverse.

4) Against goons, and as long as Blue is or can be made your strongest color, Valkyrie at 4/5/4 and 3* Strange at 5/3/5. You can also sub in Gamora for Strange, again if you can make Blue your strongest. Make sure to target the Bounty and you'll have stun, stun, stun til your daddy takes the t-bird away...
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Okoye, 5trange, Medusa
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    5* Thanos and Rocket and no regrets on Health Packs burned. Add a guardian for non essential nodes.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Okoye and Medusa, typically.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Against Tile movers

Ghost+Proxima Midnight (+red damage)

Valkyrie (I have no helpful support option)

Both of mine are "barely champed", and red matches deal about 1500 damage, black/white/purple and blue ~800. It's not nearly as good as Grocket+Gamora at the start. But you don't have to avoid good cascades to save strikes (this annoys me a lot). Or losing damage to enemy cascades. SLC7. Attack what the bounty tells you to attack, and go invisible, to get dragonfangs

Grocket+Gamora and Medusa or Kitty are better for non essential nodes. But I run a boosted cascade generator or strike/red tile generator as a third if one exists, preferrably one with actives that fill in the gaps (green, black, white). MEH, Patch, CnD, Blade, Cyke, etc. Still playing with this, as more 4*'s get champed. Patch's strikes->Dragonfang->Dragonfang isn't rare at all