What's your essential duo?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
When clearing PvE for speed, what's your go-to essential node(s) duo?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos and Daredevil.

DD self heals Thanos' pain, and the self healing makes more strike tiles to speed things up further.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on the 4* boost list honestly. I have no go to team except for trivial nodes I use Grocket/Gamora.

90% of the time 5* Thor (5/5/3 L255) is a part of my team.

Last week is was Thor/Riri (plus Cable for non essentials)

Then Thor/Nebula (plus TA Hulk for non essentials)

Then Thor/Dazzler (plus Grocket for non essentials)

This event is Kitty/Grocket (plus Gamora for non essentials). So Thor actually gets a break!

Not having a go-to team allows me to play different characters and combos.  While fun it means I don’t have my grind times down to a science like others probably do who use the same combos weekly. Still, I manage to do okay for my goals. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just grocket gamora everything until I lose. Then I'll look
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/2 health thor + okoye. if there's goons i use strange. if not, america chavez.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor/America.

For regular nodes I'll add Ghost.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    In my late 4* run, it was Grocket and Gamora. Then when I champed my first 5* it was JJ and Chavez almost every node. Now, I've gotten in a decent spot where I can actually mix it up more often then I have in a while. I was rocking 50% Thor and Cable last event. This one is Kitty and Grocket. While my 5* Thor, Okoye, DD, Thanos, and BP aren't champed, they're high enough for me to get some use out of them for regular play along with JJ, Black Bolt, and PPSM. I'm oddlyy using more characters in 5* world then I was with 60+ 4*s.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thorkoye. I know many who swear there are faster pairings, but I just don't see it. The third is the only debate for me. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Thorkoye. I know many who swear there are faster pairings, but I just don't see it. The third is the only debate for me. 
    In CL7 it's Thor and Daredevil, trust me. Kill one enemy and you win.
  • Articyular
    Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    As a mid 4* player who doesn’t have a champed R&G or Gamora, I usually run Vulture+Iceman or Vulture+Peggy; but I’ve almost fully covered Okoye, so I’ve been playing around combos with her very recently
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still in 4* land, so it does vary by Boosted list, but for goons, it takes some really good boosted characters to do better than America Chavez/Strange/Featured 5*. Against tile movers, it gets more complicated, but I'm starting to think Kitty/Grocket might become my go-to against Dark Avengers, specifically nodes with Daken and/or Bullseye.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos RG for 2/3/4*.  Just know you will burn health packs.  This is what a lot of top end players use. 
    For the 5E it would be Thor and Okoye. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    If it's all goons, Strange is a must. But I usually go with who is boosted. I should not that I am not in 5* land, I'm just about approaching the point where I don't use a 3* on my non-essential nodes. (with the exception of Strange of course)
  • Lejon
    Lejon Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    1/2 health Thor and JJ as they are my only 5* champs att the moment. 
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    IM40 + Strang3 

still in 3* land.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I’m in early 4* land, but I got lucky and pulled a 3/1/1 Okoye. I run her with St3nge on countdown goons. If it’s 3 characters who don’t use countdowns, I run Carnage/Medusa as they’re two of my five decently leveled 4*. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML and Doc Strange, strange yellow + oml strikes = enemy suicide. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Used to be 5* Lord (5/1/2 lvl 345 with 3* Element Guns at lvl 150)/4ocket (with 2* Milano lvl 100)  for the mega-match damage, but lately it's been Okoye (5/2/1 lvl 300) /Strang3 (lvl 266) if there is even 1 goon on the node or Okoye/Medusa for tile movers
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    America O'Thorye
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just now getting decent amounts of covers due to my last set of 5* pulls... so, I'm playing around with loki, kitty, cable, and whoever is boosted.  

Because of that, I've learned that Kitty and ProfX are inseparable.   Add in a cheap power user for stupid fun.  

I obviously like to use grocket just to fly through stuff... but that boost list is fun to play around with!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The half health bros, Thor and Daredevil. Easy nodes with Thanos to get them hurt enough, then try to have DD tank all damage.