To many Okoyes and Thors on PVP

124»

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    People say Thor Okoyoe is the best team, but it is only if you meet a certain condition.   That condition is where Okoyoe is a much higher level than Thor where her Red damage makes her the character in front.  You want at least a 12 to 15 level differential at the lower level.     Than it is the best team, because she can heal and protect Thor from damage, where only his Green. As both Okoyoe and Thor gain levels, you need to maintain a higher difference level and the gap has to expand a small amount.   Example a level 478 Okoyoe would have a red damage of 714. A level 466 Thor would have a red damage of 709.    Okoyoe Red damage maxes out at 1244.  Thor maxes out at 1354.  So for the end game you never want Thor to max out at level 550 you would want him a little under 540.   
    Whilst it's true it's beneficial to have Okoye tanking red, it's by no means essential.  I've had PvP climbs where I've used 0 healthpacks and just ridden a 20k health Thor all the way.  If it's an event where the essential tanks purple/blue then I might end up having to use a pack or two for them, but it makes it even less likely I'll need to make even one match with Thor.

Sucks that you can't match red, but if the AI gets enough ap to fire a power you can usually just soak it up with Okoye.  Sucks a lot more if you let the AI match 12 green though.
    Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. My Thor's 460 and Okoye's 452, which means that all she tanks is black, yellow and team-up tiles. I would imagine that makes me very slightly slower than some people (because I'm generally trying to match her colors to protect Thor, which means red collection is probably slower). But they're still wildly powerful and perfectly usable.
    Admittedly annoying that Thor's blue and purple are both one point higher than hers, though. Even beyond the red that means you're forced into taking some damage for Thor on occasion.
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    ThorOkoye's weakness is stun.  Stun either Okoye or Thor.  Thor is weak on defense, hence he won't be nerfed.  Stop whining, and realize this whining started from day 1 of OML.  Someone will always whine, it's the meta, and people follow the meta.  You will always face against the meta, whichever scl level you are on.  You think 4* aren't tired of seeing Dusagromket..

Problem with this game isn't ThorOkoye.  Problem is lack of new content and lack of innovation.  Lack of innovation will eventually kill this game too.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Borstock said:
    I am currently ranked around 205 in the PvP Simulator. For our purposes, I went through 100 opponents by pressing skip and compiled how many of those teams included Okoye, Thor, Both, or Neither. Obviously, some of the teams showed up more than once, but I think it represents what the matchmaker in this game offered. Here are the results:

Thor+Okoye - 61
    Thor only - 16
    Okoye only - 5
    Neither - 18

Read into it what you will. 
    That’s not entirely fair or honest.  In sim you can pick all 3 chars, in pvp only 2 out of 3.  Those selection rules alone will change the ratio.

205 in sim at this point represents what 1800?  When your scores that high you might as well be faced with a teams.

a. More accurate sample is start psylocke from 0 at the start of event and report your next 20 matches.

not wait till end of event.
    Additionally, how many of those teams were simply repeats of the same team?

Yes, if more people are using Okoye & Thor then they will be a larger representation, but just repeatedly skipping teams one after another will queue you up against the same teams again, & again, & again.

I have a Champion Okoye and Jessica. Yes, I see quite a few Thor & Okoye teams, but I also see a lot of other 5*s too. Since Gambit was nerfed I've seen a much greater variety in opponents, including OML, Doc Oc, Spiderman, and Phoenix. And I can beat them all 9 times out of 10, if not more.