That PvP opponent you just know you should skip...

13»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    I will never battle any team with Vulture. I think he is pretty much my only auto-skip because if the CPU has one or two really good turns, it can become literally unbeatable. I don't need the aggravation.

I swear the enemy AI gets more black for their recharge than I do. I'm sure I've had instances where they've had 6 black, flown, landed and had 6 black without making any matches. I've had him loop that black move multiple times in a row when he's the only one left.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    NotBAMF said:
    I will never battle any team with Vulture. I think he is pretty much my only auto-skip because if the CPU has one or two really good turns, it can become literally unbeatable. I don't need the aggravation.
    I used to hate Vulture, but with Archangel as my primary bodyguard for 5Thor, I love facing him now.
    And yeah, forgot about Rogue. She is sich an auto skip for me that I don't even think about facing her.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    NotBAMF said:
    I used to hate Vulture, but with Archangel as my primary bodyguard for 5Thor, I love facing him now.
    And yeah, forgot about Rogue. She is such an auto skip for me that I don't even think about facing her.
    Carnage + 4*Grocket/Kitty take out Rogue pretty fast, along with everyone else.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    PuceMoose said:
    One thing I've learned to do (4-star player), is to make sure and check the cover level of certain 5-star characters before a fight. Typically, when I see a level 255 five-star with all three powers, I think "cool, 1/1/1, I can handle this." Today I fought a 255 Jessica Jones who single-handedly dismantled my favorite sim team of 4Carol/Mockingbird/4Wasp. Only after staring in disbelief at the damage she was dealing did I cross-reference her damage levels - yep, it was a 4/5/4 level 255 JJ. Yikes. I thought I had her in the bag when she was down to 1k health, with my 11k health Carol smiling smugly at her - then she hit a cascade that matched THREE of her evidence tiles at once. It did not end well for Carol.

Huh. My JJ is 2/3/5 at LV255. I might consider giving her a go sometime.
    She is great, even at relatively low levels, with 5 covers in blue. I brought her up to 290 so she doesn't get lost among my unleveled 5* because she's one I actually use pretty often.

NotBAMF said:

I swear the enemy AI gets more black for their recharge than I do. I'm sure I've had instances where they've had 6 black, flown, landed and had 6 black without making any matches. I've had him loop that black move multiple times in a row when he's the only one left.
    I've seen that happen a couple of times because his blue took out black Special tiles when he took off. Definitely something to watch out for. I do kind of wish there was a Team-up-eligible power that could knock him down.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    TPF Alexis said: I do kind of wish there was a Team-up-eligible power that could knock him down.
    -It would be fun if airborne characters could hit other airborne characters. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Rosraf said:
    TPF Alexis said: I do kind of wish there was a Team-up-eligible power that could knock him down.
    Or add a character attribute Flying. Any character with Flying would still be able to hit airborn opponents.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Rosraf said:
    Or add a character attribute Flying. Any character with Flying would still be able to hit airborn opponents.
    Or 'Ranged'. Would make sense to add this to some characters that can't fly (like for example Hawkeye).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Airborne as it stands is a good mechanic but needs tweaking to be a fun great mechanic.  As it stands AA is the best use of airborne cause he is the only one who damage airborne.  And there are very cool strategies involving airborne for offense and defense.

it would wise fit the devs to think comprehensively about how airborne can be incorporated into stunned, invisible, special tile, charged tile effect sphere.

5*AA
    4* vulture, 4* nova, 4* gwenpoole, 4* night crawler, 4* tiring

Are the only airborne chars?

right now AA is the only char with a stage 2 airborne power. (When he passive damages and stuns enemy airborne.

we need another 5*/4* with a similar stage 2 airborne power.  Except focused on out team chars that went airborne, or the char buffs specials/fortified etc...  more variety in this space
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It still pisses me off that they went with a 3* Angel instead of a 4* one. Vulture is pretty much always an auto skip for me. The board could start with just one black but after two turns Vulture would somehow have collected enough black to get in the air.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Airborne as it stands is a good mechanic but needs tweaking to be a fun great mechanic.  As it stands AA is the best use of airborne cause he is the only one who damage airborne.  And there are very cool strategies involving airborne for offense and defense.

it would wise fit the devs to think comprehensively about how airborne can be incorporated into stunned, invisible, special tile, charged tile effect sphere.

5*AA
    4* vulture, 4* nova, 4* gwenpoole, 4* night crawler, 4* tiring

Are the only airborne chars?

right now AA is the only char with a stage 2 airborne power. (When he passive damages and stuns enemy airborne.

we need another 5*/4* with a similar stage 2 airborne power.  Except focused on out team chars that went airborne, or the char buffs specials/fortified etc...  more variety in this space
    Don't forget Colossus' Fastball Special