Latest 5* Vault

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    whoami said:
    Those of you with experience with a champed Loki /Kitty / Cable: is now a good time to open a hoard? I’ve hoarded since Okoye (save for pulling some special vaults, like anniversary) and I’ve got 350 LT pulls or so. My Loki is 3/1/2, Kitty has one cover, and no Cable yet. (I’ve got about 12 other 5*s champed.) Thanks for advice! 

They
     all seem decent but none are great. At least that's my impression. Loki is probably the weakest of the three so you can probably hold off and see what the next fivestar looks like before busting the hoard at least.
    Loki with his support is good.  I only have him at 420 and he’s fine when paired with his support perk.  It doesn’t make top tier, but he can easily one shot the 5e node
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Quebbster said:
    whoami said:
    Those of you with experience with a champed Loki /Kitty / Cable: is now a good time to open a hoard? I’ve hoarded since Okoye (save for pulling some special vaults, like anniversary) and I’ve got 350 LT pulls or so. My Loki is 3/1/2, Kitty has one cover, and no Cable yet. (I’ve got about 12 other 5*s champed.) Thanks for advice! 

They
     all seem decent but none are great. At least that's my impression. Loki is probably the weakest of the three so you can probably hold off and see what the next fivestar looks like before busting the hoard at least.
    Loki with his support is good.  I only have him at 420 and he’s fine when paired with his support perk.  It doesn’t make top tier, but he can easily one shot the 5e node
    Yeah, my Loki is champed and got me top 5 in Venom Bomb, so it's not a waste to champ him but it's also no big deal if you don't IMO.
    (Don't think I have ever triggered the synergy perk on my level 1 support though)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    whoami said:

If you have 12 other champed 5s I’d say you’d might as well open (at least until Loki is covered). While none of these 3 will put a dent in the meta (Thor/Okoye) I think they’re all solid enough to add to an already established roster (which you have). By the time the next set of 3 is set to leave you’ll probably be right back around 300+ pulls again. Kitty is the one to watch out for I think. While she won’t be the meta now, she might be in the future depending on if the tier morphs into a special tile meta like the 4* tier did. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil217 said:

Kitty is the one to watch out for I think. While she won’t be the meta now, she might be in the future depending on if the tier morphs into a special tile meta like the 4* tier did. 
    I honestly think kitty is amazing. People griped about gambit overwriting everything. Kitty does it for free every turn until no attack protect strike or countdown tiles remain. She dominates so many of the 5* tier for that alone. There are a lot of characters in 5 star tier that rely on specials already. She boosts them when on your own team and hard counters them on the enemy team.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Daredevil217 said:

Kitty is the one to watch out for I think. While she won’t be the meta now, she might be in the future depending on if the tier morphs into a special tile meta like the 4* tier did. 
    I honestly think kitty is amazing. People griped about gambit overwriting everything. Kitty does it for free every turn until no attack protect strike or countdown tiles remain. She dominates so many of the 5* tier for that alone. There are a lot of characters in 5 star tier that rely on specials already. She boosts them when on your own team and hard counters them on the enemy team.
    I'm not a 5* player but many who are on Line basically say if they aren’t going to supplant Thorkoye they will mostly rot on the bench until essential. Since nothing is as fast or healthpack resistant as Thorkoye there’s little incentive to play anything else. This is not a problem with those particular characters as much as it is with the 5* tier. Because if you nerf them there will be a new strongest and everyone will gravitate to them. So while Kitty is awesome and has great mechanics she is likely too slow for those who have the meta pair. This was true with Gambit and with Panthos before him. A roster of hundreds of characters and you end up playing two. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    Daredevil217 said:

But the problem with that is that Thor and Okoye are two who don't remotely rely on special tiles. So she doesn't counter the current top-two. And because there isn't a 5* equivalent of Grocket or even Carnage - someone who puts out attacking tiles without you having to do anything at all - she also doesn't have an immediately glaring 5* partner that makes her an improvement on Thor/Okoye. You either have to gather the AP to get the tiles out there, or drop down to using a 4* with her.
    So I tend to agree with those who've said that she could become a 'must-have' character, but that it's dependent on a hypothetical future partner. I'm not convinced that what's there already gets her there. That said, this is definitely the best group of three in LTs for a while. They're all decent, and Wasp is gone.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the very least, Kitty is a great check to GladiaThor. For some reason, almost every GladiaThor i come up against seem to pull 9 Yellow AP out of nowhere, and set up some Protect tiles. Kitty gets rid of those, which will be very helpful. Her own Protects also blunt Thor’s damage, and her Red can take advantage of Thor’s AoE to proc nine Attack tiles, which Kitty then buffs (along with her own Protects, and any other friendly tiles you have).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I will have 150 pulls when Cable goes into packs and am hoping I get a better 5* pull rate then when kitty went into packs.  MY Loki is 1,5,5 so he needs some help.  I also heard a rumor from the devs on discord they were going to release 3 4* in a row to since they only had 1 4* inbeteeen kitty and Cable. This would leave lots of time to build up more pulls for when Loki leaves packs
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    I will have 150 pulls when Cable goes into packs and am hoping I get a better 5* pull rate then when kitty went into packs.  MY Loki is 1,5,5 so he needs some help.  I also heard a rumor from the devs on discord they were going to release 3 4* in a row to since they only had 1 4* inbeteeen kitty and Cable. This would leave lots of time to build up more pulls for when Loki leaves packs
    I hope that part about three straight 4*’s is true. I’m currently hoarding until Loki leaves because he’s already covered with 6 saved and I want a good shot at covering another 5*. My other hope is whoever kicks him out makes it worth pulling for Kitty, Cable, and ????