2»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Force animations back on and remove a clear. I’d be happier with that and see the fantastic effort that’s gone into the game, rather than turn everything off for speed for half decent placement.
    I'm not necessarily for this.  While I said I don't like that they added a toggle for animations, on further thought that isn't entirely true.  I'm always a fan of choice over being forced to do something and won't advocate for removal of choice.  The change that needs to happen is fix the PvE problem of speed is all that matters.  Once that is resolved people that like the animations can turn them back on with out paying a penalty.  However there may still be people that prefer to have them off for various reasons: they always use the same characters so the get repetitive, even without a time penalty they don't have a lot of time to play the game and would still prefer to play faster, etc.
    Progression PVE would be so easy to do too. I play in SCL7 and it requires me to clear each node 7 times in total to guarantee a top 5 finish. Simply set progression so that it requires 8 clears of each sub to earn the highest reward and job done. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    pheregas said:
    Who really knows how the devs designed PvE to go. With the way it is now, I don’t know why they would even bother making a story or animations since it’s “40 min to end RUSH TO CLEAR go go go!” I haven’t read a story in 2 years. The sad thing is I’m sure they have writers that take time to write out a great story and artist to make awesome animations and a good majority of us skip all that. But hey I don’t know all the data and how much of  the playing base is actually “competitive “ so maybe there are some folks that still have on animations and actually read the story
    Yup, they're known as Casuals.  ;) 
    So sad!

I mean... I cannot imagine any creator in any medium (music, movies, art, games, etc) wanting to make something, just for people to gloss over it.  Its demeaning to that person's effort.  

This "race to get better placement" play-style stifles the game to a point where competitive, money-spending players and non-money-spending players alike, skip animations and story just to get a better score.

I would be all for a change in that.  What that change would be... I dont know right now.  
    You're not wrong, IMHO.  It's been my longstanding opinion that PVE should be progression based rewards only.  I'd turn my animations back on instantly when that goes live.  I'd even read some stories.  There are whole PVE's where I have no idea what's inside the story past the opening screen.  And that is sad.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We really need SCL 10 and up to start opening soon. It's been almost a year since SCLs were introduced, and it's just getting time we need another placement level in PVE and PVP to start opening up.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    We really need SCL 10 and up to start opening soon. It's been almost a year since SCLs were introduced, and it's just getting time we need another placement level in PVE and PVP to start opening up.
    You mean it's been well over 2 years:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/49133/upcoming-feature-s-h-i-e-l-d-rank-clearance-levels
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/49878/feature-info-s-h-i-e-l-d-rank-is-here
    (I couldn't find the actual release of SCLs, but it was within a week or two of SRs IIRC so late August / Early September 2016)
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just want to add, that being a VIP member, because of the extra prizes you might collect during the PVE, will also slow you down, because of the extra clicking. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have not read all the posts.

I would think a wonderful compromise would be to count your completion time in matches. Speed will always be king. So tweak the game to not count reading the story against you but allow people that want to the ability to toggle it off.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I know I’m going to end up being an extreme outsider with this BUT... someone told me a bracket flipped when it didn’t and I entered the current PVE 998. I am currently playing progression-only (a choice we all have if we’d like) and have had no desire to turn animations on despite playing super casually. Same with boss events, shield sim, DDQ, the few times I go wins-based PVP or with places of power (we actually get a lot of events where speed doesn’t matter!). So if they moved to progression-only PVE (god please no) I would still likely not turn animations back on. I like the game being faster not because of placement/rewards, but because I want to play more in less time- the competitive edge is just gravy. It was weird at first with animations off but now I’m so used to it (and my brain tends to think super fast anyway) that it seems way too slow with them on. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    The problem with the game in its current state, as many long-time players are suffering from, is that PVE is nothing more than speed-based. Every possible advantage you can get to clear faster is the goal: faster device, disable animations, use the team that clears the fastest, boost the horrible loaner node, skip those damn cut scenes as fast as possible, etc. I truly believe this is a problem and quite frankly I'm losing interest. There are other games out there (Marvel-related, maybe even brand new!) that do not force you to clock-watch everything you do to earn rewards, be competitive and place well. None of the current PVE start times work well for anyone on EST (which is a significant portion of the player-base), but beyond that, I am becoming apathetic to the mindless clear-as-fast-as-you-can mechanic for placement.

To take it a step further, some allies are now using spreadsheets and apps to maximize their final clears by predicting point additions. I don't think this is what the devs have intended but what do I know...
    Smoke is dead on. As a person and comm in that top ally this current state of pve just is so boring.  The reason to push so hard is to get as many rearward as possible. A few events ago, I ended 1st overall and our ally was in 2nd place.  That was a nice take with rewards, 3 LTs and a ton of covers.  This is the best way to really get the best rewards for yourself and your ally.  
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Simply, I don’t have much time to play the game anymore, yet I still GRIND PVE and PVP before bed. Just allow players to skip anything that causes delay in life and time. 
    It’ll make me a happy player knowing I’m not spending 2 hours playing this game. I’m surprised I’m addicted to get max progress, but it’s a daily goal I’m okay with, but now it wearing me down. 
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GIVE US RUBBERBANDING BACK!!!!!
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Progression rewards only, could Fix PVE. Places of Power has been an example of what this game could be and should be. Leave competition To PVP, give Back the fun To PVE
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah but how was places of power making pve fun. It was the same matches, same easy non challenge grind, you could just do it with no timer. 

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Yeah but how was places of power making pve fun. It was the same matches, same easy non challenge grind, you could just do it with no timer. 

same exp for players, but definitely different issues for commanders.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

It was miles better because you could do your clears whenever you wanted, rather than having to rush them into a one hour period as soon as the event started. 

Its boring having to clear each node 4 times as soon as an event starts. This game would be far less grindy if I could do one clear as soon as the event started and then do something else for another 3 hours and come back to the game later to do my second clear. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

IMO it didn’t make it more fun, but for less amount of work than normal you get far better rewards. That’s a big win in my book. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SymmeTrey said:
    Give us a replay button immediately after we play each PVE node. Having to click thru rewards, go out to the map, re-click the node, reselect characters and team-ups again, is a whole bunch of wasted clicks on every single clear of a node. To quote a Baldur's Gate EE designer - "Every time I click, I hate. Don't make me hate."
    i've brought this up several times here and mention it every time they have a survey. this would save so much time.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moved to suggestions. 

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why does it say moved. And closed but still able to reply?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Why does it say moved. And closed but still able to reply?
    When moving a thread, it automatically applies the "Closed" tag to the original thread location that is now a redirect link. We have to manually remove that tag, so players are aware that they can still click the link and reply to the thread