Daylight savings time for US, chances that all of your roster dies

2»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Events that start before the time change and end afterwards will still end locally an hour earlier, however we anticipate that characters will no longer be inadvertently Downed.

But will the new subs also start an hour earlier?  7am EST is usually the start for s1.  But having it start/end at 6 a.m. on the last two days is going to be brutal.  Should we just avoid s1 if we happen to live in the western hemisphere?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    justsing said:
    shardwick said:
    justsing said:
    Would have been nice if the new release event were a boss event instead...
    If they could do that and have a way to get the 4th cover (top 100 alliance reward) from the boss event then I would be so down. Maybe put it as the final personal progression reward at like 1.5 million.
    I honestly don’t mind giving up that 4th cover in exchange for not having to deal with timers and grinding.
    True. I quit the game earlier this year and it's like they turned boss events into new release events right after, then they stopped doing that like right before I came back. Maybe I should leave again to restore sanity to the game. Hmm. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Brigby said:

Events that start before the time change and end afterwards will still end locally an hour earlier, however we anticipate that characters will no longer be inadvertently Downed.

But will the new subs also start an hour earlier?  7am EST is usually the start for s1.  But having it start/end at 6 a.m. on the last two days is going to be brutal.  Should we just avoid s1 if we happen to live in the western hemisphere?
    Historically
     the subs always run 24/48 hours regardless of what the clocks show. So yeah, you may want to avoid slice 1 this time.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    DFiPL said:
    ursopro said:
    RIP all s5 pve players during new character release
    "Roster death" won't affect me materially. The time change doing wonky things to node refreshes? Yeah, maybe.
    The only death character are the ones that you have below full hp when the change hits, the main issue is the closing/opening sub clears.

I remember last year I finished my clear and suddenly the sub refreshed and had 1 hour remaining, that was probably the only time when I was grateful for tapping :*

Even if is a 48hr sub the change still affects because it hits exactly when the sub opens so is when you should do your 24hrs clear (for s5 players specifically)
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    pheregas said:
    Brigby said:

Historically
     the subs always run 24/48 hours regardless of what the clocks show. So yeah, you may want to avoid slice 1 this time.
    This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks. 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    jamesh said:
    It still boggles the mind that the game servers run on local time rather than UTC.  I would have thought it would be easier to shift event start times in the US summer rather than run things off a non-monotonic clock.
    You'd be surprised at how many global non-gaming companies still run on local time and do complicated time conversions instead of just going UTC.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    if im on the west coast in 5.7 does the time change affect me at all??
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Not sure what slice i'm in, the one that started at 8pm GMT.

Full points for this 48 hour sub are an hour later now and so the first to reach full points will be at 9pm not 8pm.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I got messed up timing in my Domino PVE. Daylight savings time on the server ended my 10pm central 2nd run. It ended around 8pm. Same with my 3rd run, but I caught it