Crash Cycle

Articyular
Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
Not certain that this is the ideal subsection for such a post. But I was just playing around with some numbers and realized that with the addition of Taskmaster it now takes over a year to cycle through all of the 4*s on Crash of the Titans. Somewhat of a massive scale to expect us players to wait through: to use specific characters we possess or to pull specific characters from the vault. Not necessarily griping, but definitely a bit surprised.

Comments

• Articyular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah I was assuming that taskmaster, Howard, and devil dino are run once every anniversary, which now means they get run once every rotation aswell
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Not certain that this is the ideal subsection for such a post. But I was just playing around with some numbers and realized that with the addition of Taskmaster it now takes over a year to cycle through all of the 4*s on Crash of the Titans. Somewhat of a massive scale to expect us players to wait through: to use specific characters we possess or to pull specific characters from the vault. Not necessarily griping, but definitely a bit surprised.
    It is a long time, but look at the positive at least now you have more time to champ more 4*'s until they cycle back to be able to beat the crash. You don't have to have a 4* fully leveled or champed to be able to beat the crash. Some 4*'s have powers that will help you beat the crash even though they are not fully leveled. Anyone with invisibility will help you win the match just slowly. Characters with stuns will also help a lot. If the character is not leveled up enough always use match boosts.

Everyone has a system that works for them when it comes to the Crash. For me Leveling my 4*'s to 155 has worked for all the ones that I did not have already at a higher level or champed. You also have to play to the character's strengths and you can use Supports to boost up your health or damage. It also depends on how many covers you have for a specific power that will help you get over a stronger enemy. Just keep trying even if you lose a couple of times. Just don't expect to win all the crashes. Eventually you will with time.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    People have been asking for a more frequent crash rotation since 2017, so I'm not holding my breath.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    The Crash is one of my favorite parts of the game. It's a shame that there isn't a bit more one-on-one content out there and that the Crash is only playable once every 5 days (if you win).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely feels like we're due for a DDQ shakeup soon; 4* and 5* dilution is now a much bigger impediment to players than it was even in 2017. I like the egalitarian nature of DDQ being for all player levels that you grow into. Maybe another solo node for single 5*s, but what it would give you beyond another LT I'm not sure.
  • Articyular
    To be honest, my only real complaint lays in the vaulting; I was just scrolling through my roster, and thought to myself “I really want to finish off this 4* character, let’s see when they’re in DDQ vault” and alas, it’s was ~205 days off
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    How about daily crashes for 5 cp.  In the end, it is the same as a latest token every five days.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    How about daily crashes for 5 cp.  In the end, it is the same as a latest token every five days.
    I was thinking about how this affects newer players vs older players. Older players are able to win pretty much everything, so for them it obviously doesn't change anything.
    For newer players, since the few crashes they can win are worth less, it feels like they get the short stick. However, at five times less value and five times more frequent, it should even out for them too.

Net gain? More frequent fun crashes! Everyone wins!

PS. I'd still like it if they gave out an extra LT for completing an entire cycle. ;)
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking about how this affects newer players vs older players. Older players are able to win pretty much everything, so for them it obviously doesn't change anything.
    For newer players, since the few crashes they can win are worth less, it feels like they get the short stick. However, at five times less value and five times more frequent, it should even out for them too.

Net gain? More frequent fun crashes! Everyone wins!

PS. I'd still like it if they gave out an extra LT for completing an entire cycle. ;)
    I agree.  Crashes are fun.  Probably the events I look forward to the most.  One on one is more puzzly.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    If they offered Daily 4* crashes, I would honestly be fine with an extra Taco; BUT
    BUT; they would need to replace the current five day 4* cycle with 5*'s and guaranty a 5* reward.
    bout time for a fixed chance at 5* covers!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make the Crash daily, 5 CP, same rewards for veterans that complete every crash (with more flexibility as CP can be used to buy covers or special LTs like Fan Favorites or release LTs, or even Classics), people who can complete some crashes but not all get to complete the ones they CAN do more often.

Maybe add a new node, 3*/4* only, but no character restrictions. Growing rosters can't use 2*s (like they can on Dat Required Character and Big Enchilada), but it's not restricted to specific characters (like Dat Required, the Crash, or the Behemoth Burrito).

Add in another Taco for the new node, and some Red ISO and 1-3 CP to progression for completing the two new nodes on top of the current set.

Then add some Support tokens to the vault. They might go to a 400-item vault, so it takes the same amount of time to save up Tacos for the whole thing, but you could add in another 4*, at LEAST some Beginner/Intermediate Supports (one Master in a 400-item vault wouldn't be too awful, but I can see them being too stingy for that), some Red ISO-8, maybe some 5 or 10 CP rewards, and a distribution of 3*s and 2*s and health packs that keeps them about as frequent as they already are.

So there's some variety at the high-end, and new things to chase in the vault, and a slightly increased flow of rewards from daily completion, a new node to prod newer players to grow their roster, but the overall odds of the vault don't break in the process, and people don't lose anything compared to what they're getting today, they only gain the potential for more as they are able to do more.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just leave the crash as it is and have the behemoth rotate through the four stars like the big enchilada does for 3 stars and reward a cover for that four star each day. Helps new players cover the older ones and veterans add a champ level.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Make the Crash daily, 5 CP, same rewards for veterans that complete every crash (with more flexibility as CP can be used to buy covers or special LTs like Fan Favorites or release LTs, or even Classics), people who can complete some crashes but not all get to complete the ones they CAN do more often.

Maybe add a new node, 3*/4* only, but no character restrictions. Growing rosters can't use 2*s (like they can on Dat Required Character and Big Enchilada), but it's not restricted to specific characters (like Dat Required, the Crash, or the Behemoth Burrito).

Add in another Taco for the new node, and some Red ISO and 1-3 CP to progression for completing the two new nodes on top of the current set.

Then add some Support tokens to the vault. They might go to a 400-item vault, so it takes the same amount of time to save up Tacos for the whole thing, but you could add in another 4*, at LEAST some Beginner/Intermediate Supports (one Master in a 400-item vault wouldn't be too awful, but I can see them being too stingy for that), some Red ISO-8, maybe some 5 or 10 CP rewards, and a distribution of 3*s and 2*s and health packs that keeps them about as frequent as they already are.

So there's some variety at the high-end, and new things to chase in the vault, and a slightly increased flow of rewards from daily completion, a new node to prod newer players to grow their roster, but the overall odds of the vault don't break in the process, and people don't lose anything compared to what they're getting today, they only gain the potential for more as they are able to do more.
    So many good suggestions, you must be new here lol.

Except for cutting the LT into 5 cps (alexr has the exact reasoning against this), i would be ok with these.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care who's featured. They could run the same 4-star every time. It's not like the reward changes.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

So many good suggestions, you must be new here lol.

Except for cutting the LT into 5 cps (alexr has the exact reasoning against this), i would be ok with these.
    I would imagine the difficulty would come down some to balance. You're both right that doing the current Crash for 1/5th of the reward wouldn't be good. You'd still want a little bit of a challenge, so it requires you to have the 4* moderately covered and leveled, but not so much the 5CP didn't feel worth it.

Somehow, you'd have to convert a single fight for an LT into 5 1v1 fights and 5 3*/4* nodes for an LT's worth of CP, some extra CP, and 5 Tacos. And you want to make sure that trading the amount of time it takes to do one current Crash compared to the new nodes I'm suggesting is worth the rewards. There's some fine-tuning there that I think could be done in a way to make people happy, but I have no idea what that would actually be.