When will the Support Stores be updated with new support types?

2»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    broll said:

I’ve posted ideas for improvements before and I don’t expect they’ll be taken. Frankly even the improvements I’ve suggested would only take the system for greviously offensive to a minor annoyance.  The best suggestion I have to improve them is to remove them. They are bad for the game and if they continue to push forward with them they’ll lose my support. 
    Now there's a dilemma. If they push more support they lose some support. Aaarrrrrgh!

On topic: They would really benefit from putting a support token or 2 in progression. Since they value them so highly put a standard somewhere between the 3* and 4* progression reward. And the next tier of token above the 4* somewhere.

They also need to either make the special store tokens available more often or just let dilution run wild and add in new supports to the regular store tokens every season just like new characters.

As it stands currently supports are a great idea (imo) with a horrid rollout that even with some of the changes they have made have hurt support for supports alot.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

My suggestion for compensation:
    Convert RISO into normal ISO. 
    Conver levels applied into their RISO cost and convert that to normal ISO. 
    Convert 1* supports into STs, 2* supports into ETs, 3* supports into HTs. 4* supports into CP. 5* supports into LTs.
    I think I'd prefer to keep my supports if that was the offer.  A rank 1 support at level 50 and placed on a character that activates a synergy perk does far more for me than a token that will most likely give me a 1* cover and small amount of purple iso.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    How about the support stores, supports, and red iso all just go away?  Admit the experiment failed and move on. Go back to improving the core gameplay vs silly side distractions from it. Bring back the steam ui. 
    We get you don't like them, but it's very, very unlikely they'll go away unless they have some method of compensating people in a like-for-like fashion for the CP and HP they used in stores and vaults and such. Never mind the money they was spent buying HP to open vault tokens and buy the Heroes for Hire deals.

Posting the same "I don't like them" negativity isn't helpful or constructive. They're here and they're not going away. So please can you either give suggestions as to how to improve them or just avoid the supports topics in future.

Take this from someone who venomously hated the things when they released, it is not worth continuing to be negative about something, especially when the thing is a free-to-play video game.
    To be fair, wanting them to go away is just as valid a suggestion as any other.  Change is Change.  Some suggest the rate of drops be increased, Broll just wants that new rate to be zero lol.

In all seriousness, them going away is an option.  They don't even need to compensate much.  all of the CP and HP purchases for Support tokens that were part of bundles got a decent amount of other stuff that just as easily could be argued as having the same value already, since supports really have so little value for most that have them.  

You even said up above that you "just don't know where they can go with supports."  is it so crazy to take it one step further, from going nowhere, back to where they started?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    We know they're currently working on the support distribution problem, so they aren't going away.  I think supports add more strategy to the game, giving the potential for better combos.  Let's consider the future of supports:

1. They increase distribution
    2. Most players start getting level 200 or 250 supports.
    3. PVE battles get even easier and faster
    4. They open up SCL 10 which is so hard you'll need high level supports or level 500+ 5*s to play it
    5. SCL 10 rewards 5* covers and Master Support tokens, which becomes a catch-22 situation
    6.  They do a trial run of enabling supports in PVP, which is a disaster, mostly because people complain
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    We know they're currently working on the support distribution problem, so they aren't going away.  I think supports add more strategy to the game, giving the potential for better combos.  Let's consider the future of supports:

1. They increase distribution
    2. Most players start getting level 200 or 250 supports.
    3. PVE battles get even easier and faster
    4. They open up SCL 10 which is so hard you'll need high level supports or level 500+ 5*s to play it
    5. SCL 10 rewards 5* covers and Master Support tokens, which becomes a catch-22 situation
    6.  They do a trial run of enabling supports in PVP, which is a disaster, mostly because people complain
    We know they are "looking into" supports and their distribution.  What you infer from that statement is different from other people, otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 

Remember, most good things in this game come with two steps forward, one step back.  Make PVE easier? now everyone has to do 5 clears, not 4.  want to progress to the 15CP mark in PVP?  welcome to a ton of fights.  the list goes on and on.  It is possible they do something better with supports, too bad it is at the snails pace that they do everything else.  

as to your second point, i want to look a little closer there.  I will say that the increase and addition of riso awards was a good thing.  *BUT* all they did was fix a mistake that was made during the roll-out.  i had 284k riso when they bumped up the rewards, and have 960k now.  i made more than double in 6 weeks, than what it took the initial 6 months.  They don't get credit for doing the right thing, after the fact.  especially since it took sooooo long to fix.  had they addressed it and made that change in the first 4-6 weeks, i may have given them some credit.