When will the Support Stores be updated with new support types?

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
At this point people are drawing support tokens (from the basic pve vaults) into the general support vault that they have already been finished?

There are 18 original support types,  I have all of them at the 2 or better level.  What's the point of opening basic support tokens when they will only return riso and 0 chance of a new perk or support type?

At least update the general support store to include more of the recent supports.  or transition the support tokens that come from basic pve vaults to work with the new release stores.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally agree.  I also want to add that Basic Support Tokens are equivalent to Standard Tokens, which most likely give you a 1* support, which is almost useless.  But for some unknown reason, D3 treats these Basic Support tokens like 4* covers in the vaults.  It makes no sense! 

The Advanced Support tokens are equivalent to Heroic tokens, which most likely give you a 2* support, with a small chance of 3* and 4* supports.  The Master tokens are equivalent to Legendary tokens.  Given the color scheme of these support tokens, D3 made this correlation clear, but it makes no sense why Basic and Advanced tokens are treated like gold.

D3, please release the supports!  4* and 5* supports are really good when leveled up, but they're almost impossible to get unless you're a whale.  If supports are just another incentive to spend money in this game, then just say it.  Otherwise, release the supports so that we all can use them. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Difference between Support and Character Comic Covers:

1. No roster slot needed for Support

2. Each character rarity needs the following amount of covers to reach its maximum capped potential:

1*: 10 or 13 covers capped at level 40 or 50
    2*: 13 covers + 50 covers
    3*: 13 covers + 100 covers
    4*: 13 covers +  100 covers
    5*: 13 covers + 100 covers

For Support, you need only one to reach its maximum potential for each rarity level.

3. The sellback price for supports are many times higher than character comic covers.

I think point no 1 and 2, especially no 2, could be the reason why tokens are still rare now. Instead of Support needing 113 covers to reach its maximum capped potential, all it needs is just one right RNG. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Yeah the basic support store HAS to be updated. If it doesn’t happen soon it’s going to further show that supports are a Pay to Play thing. Especially if they are only going to be available when u spend CP or HP the two days they are initially available. Come on D3 y’all gotta do better
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Difference between Support and Character Comic Covers:

1. No roster slot needed for Support

2. Each character rarity needs the following amount of covers to reach its maximum capped potential:

1*: 10 or 13 covers capped at level 40 or 50
    2*: 13 covers + 50 covers
    3*: 13 covers + 100 covers
    4*: 13 covers +  100 covers
    5*: 13 covers + 100 covers

For Support, you need only one to reach its maximum potential for each rarity level.

3. The sellback price for supports are many times higher than character comic covers.

I think point no 1 and 2, especially no 2, could be the reason why tokens are still rare now. Instead of Support needing 113 covers to reach its maximum capped potential, all it needs is just one right RNG

It needs one right RNG and a bucket of rISO-8. Once a cover has been champed it no longer needs ISO-8 at all (in fact it will start giving some back). It is now easier to get rISO-8 but it is still rather limited so even if you were to get lucky with the RNG and get a 5* support getting it max will take quite some time.

Are these facts a good reason to keep supports (especially 1* & 2*) as rare as they have been? I don't know.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I think point no 1 and 2, especially no 2, could be the reason why tokens are still rare now. Instead of Support needing 113 covers to reach its maximum capped potential, all it needs is just one right RNG. 
    So, whoever wins the Support Token lottery gets an advantage?  I would rather have more tokens with a gradual build up.  People like seeing steady progress. 

How about something like this: 10 times more tokens are given out and if you get a duplicate of a maxed support, then you have the option to add more levels to it or get an equivalent amount of RISO.  For example, my 3*Chimichanga is at level 150, then I get a 2* Chimichanga and add 4 more levels to it, bringing it to 154.  As I get more 1*, 2* and 3* Chimichangas (2, 4, 6 levels respectively), I keep increasing the Chimichanga to let's say level 190 but it still has just 3 perks.  This is a wonderful way to keep building even if you don't get a 4* or 5* Chimichanga.  If I did get a 5* Chimichanga one day, then it simply raises the max level to 250 and all 5 perks are active.  If I spend the RISO to max it at 250, then future duplicates can add levels until it truly maxes out at 300. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is that it really didn't take off like they thought it would so they're probably discussing whether or not they want to continue putting time and resources into Supports or replace it with another feature that could potentially have a bigger impact on the game or just be more fun overall. Maybe something like a trade store where you could trade "trading tokens" that you would earn through progression and use for certain covers, health packs, cover art like if you're like me and really liked those Captain Marvel variant covers that we got for Carol's 50th Anniversary you could use those on your roster instead of the regular ones. Even some gameplay aspects like upgrading characters to have a 14th power level or to start a match with web tiles on the board for Spider-Verse characters, heavier black board for Carol, a tree tile that heals 3* Grocket for a certain amount of health or spits out a strike tile for 4* Grocket if you get low on strikes, an extra countdown tile for Medusa, Captain America's pvp shield that would protect your points and let you continue to fight for up to 10 hits before it broke. Endless possibilities.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely agree, their usefulness is questionable in general. They may occasionally allow you to punch a little above your weight in PvE, maybe allowing you to try CL8 instead of 7 and some support gets you extra AP or fortifications that help you survive? Maybe?

But yeah, PvE is not much of a problem for me and the extra "A support happened" banners slow down the clear times.

I've grown to want to use them after an initial reaction of "Get in the bin. Gimme my Steam UI back", but since they're so rare to get and I never get more than a 2* and pretty much every one I open is a dupe, it's really unsatisfying.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    44 supports in the game. 22 are currently available in regular support tokens. So half the supports in the game cannot be gotten through the regular support tokens, while the special support tokens get more and more bloated with all the special supports in there.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    44 supports in the game. 22 are currently available in regular support tokens. So half the supports in the game cannot be gotten through the regular support tokens, while the special support tokens get more and more bloated with all the special supports in there.
    There are only 18 supports available in the basic support store
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta said:
    I still want my Steam UI back.
    Getting rid of it was one of the worst changes ever. So stupid.
    At worst they could've added the two little side scroll buttons they have now to go to a support screen page... but noooooooooooooooooo.
    Not even that. You just needed to add a button to the existing screen. Have pressing that button bring up the supports screens we currently have. You can even have it look like it currently does, like a vertical column of information with blue either side.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    The mobile UI on PC makes me want to buy a giant enter button.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Quebbster said:
    There are only 18 supports available in the basic support store
    Guess
     I miscounted. Only helps my argument though.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    How about the support stores, supports, and red iso all just go away?  Admit the experiment failed and move on. Go back to improving the core gameplay vs silly side distractions from it. Bring back the steam ui. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    broll said:
    How about the support stores, supports, and red iso all just go away?  Admit the experiment failed and move on. Go back to improving the core gameplay vs silly side distractions from it. Bring back the steam ui. 
    We get you don't like them, but it's very, very unlikely they'll go away unless they have some method of compensating people in a like-for-like fashion for the CP and HP they used in stores and vaults and such. Never mind the money they was spent buying HP to open vault tokens and buy the Heroes for Hire deals.
    Nothing is stopping them from compensating people for the supports and RISO they have and I’d never suggest that they shouldn’t. The fact that you think they can’t is lack of imagination. Games do this kind of thing all the time.

My suggestion for compensation:
    Convert RISO into normal ISO. 
    Conver levels applied into their RISO cost and convert that to normal ISO. 
    Convert 1* supports into STs, 2* supports into ETs, 3* supports into HTs. 4* supports into CP. 5* supports into LTs. 

I’ve posted ideas for improvements before and I don’t expect they’ll be taken. Frankly even the improvements I’ve suggested would only take the system for greviously offensive to a minor annoyance.  The best suggestion I have to improve them is to remove them. They are bad for the game and if they continue to push forward with them they’ll lose my support.