Known Issue: Anniversary Vault Reset (10/22/18)

2»

Comments

• Freido28
    Freido28 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    This compensation was truly absurd.  Like many who have already posted, I was waiting until the end when I didn't have that many "open" rewards left yet, so I could tell pretty much exactly what I was going to get, to drop $20 on a 10x pull.  So for that $20, and for the 2-3 tokens received from the end of VS event, I get a whopping single DD and 200 coins......how the hell does that equate?  The customer service rep I went back and forth with said we would be "compensated," and I took that to mean they would send out either a value for tokens used after reset or cash back for tokens purchased after reset.  This is truly absurd.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:

My son was quite happy to get 200 HP out of the blue. He is building his roster, so any HP he gets goes to new roster slots.

Now I just need to convince him that maybe he shouldn't use the roster slot on Devil Dinosaur...

That will be a losing battle. I left my 8 year old in charge of playing a few rounds of Come & Get Me on Sunday whilst I was busy doing some chores. When I left, I had lined him up a team of Medusa, R4G, Gamora. When I came back his team consisted of Devil Dinosaur (unchamped), Lockjaw (unchamped) and Cable (1 green cover). Giant reptile, silly looking dog, enormous gun - the ultimate MPQ team.
    Yeah... I keep telling him the sensible thing to do is to hold off on opening tokens and try to roster all the twostars, but he keeps getting itchy fingers and wants to open his tokens. So I settle for pointing out I advice against it and let him make his own bad decisions.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Kudos for making an attempt at compensating for the issue.  As a 3* player making my way into 4* land, the devil Dino cover is a throwaway and 200 hp seems paltry to the 2900 and 1000 hps left in the vault, not to mention 2 more LTs.  The thrill of chasing the last few prizes in the vault is unable to be compensated unfortunately.  I'd be much more upset like many players here if I had spent real world dollars on the vault only to be thwarted by this issue.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:

My son was quite happy to get 200 HP out of the blue. He is building his roster, so any HP he gets goes to new roster slots.

Now I just need to convince him that maybe he shouldn't use the roster slot on Devil Dinosaur...

That will be a losing battle. I left my 8 year old in charge of playing a few rounds of Come & Get Me on Sunday whilst I was busy doing some chores. When I left, I had lined him up a team of Medusa, R4G, Gamora. When I came back his team consisted of Devil Dinosaur (unchamped), Lockjaw (unchamped) and Cable (1 green cover). Giant reptile, silly looking dog, enormous gun - the ultimate MPQ team.
    To be fair to your child, if Infinity War Part II ended up with Lockjaw teleporting in a gun-ladened Cable, riding a giant dinosaur, to settle the score with Thanos, would your own inner 8-year old be disappointed or jumping for joy? 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:

Perhaps we can learn something from the playing habits of 8 yr olds.  My son is also 8 and likes to play the guys that he thinks are cool, such as Taskmaster.  He doesn't care how much they're leveled up, he's just playing for fun.  I let him play some easy levels with whoever he wants, but 1 time he lost, so I told him to use Dr Strange.  After that battle, he said it was too easy to win with Dr Strange and went back to other characters.  After about 6 battles, he's done and gives me back my phone. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:

To be fair to your child, if Infinity War Part II ended up with Lockjaw teleporting in a gun-ladened Cable, riding a giant dinosaur, to settle the score with Thanos, would your own inner 8-year old be disappointed or jumping for joy? 
    I would be contacting Marvel for royalties!

• TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Below is my reply to my customer service ticket which told me 'compensation was coming in game'

Hi,
    If you're referring to the 200hp and Dino cover as stated on the forum,  this is a poor substitute.  I spent excess HP during the anniversary in good faith,  hoping the 2900hp reward would offset some of the 5800 hp I spent on the vault.  I feel like the developers moved the goalposts on me.
    200 hp and a cover for a character I do not want nor need is paltry compensation.  Your records should indicate that I have supported this game for 5 years,and have purchased the VIP package since its inception.  Due to the bad taste this leaves in my mouth,  I will reconsider the use of my gaming budget in the future.  I used to feel good knowing my financial contribution helped support the game,  but the proposed compensation here falls vastly short of the prize I was working towards... and I feel my time and efforts are not valued by those who made this decision.  I will vote with my wallet.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Had 5 covers left to pull and it got reset. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/swv1a4T
  • tincanicarus
    tincanicarus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I understand people are upset who waited to get a single, specific thing from the vault, but then there's others like me, who got lucky with the accidental/free reset. What it got me was more Devil Dino covers - with the compensation, I got three more covers for him, which is a lot more than I'd have expected to get.

I still would not have opted for a reset, since it's obviously a bigger gamble and I had a good chance at drawing 1000hp, but I think considering the circumstances it's just impossible to get a compensation out that feels "fair" to everyone, since I can imagine there's more people that, like me, got lucky with the reset and it's pretty much impossible to differentiate between players that have been advantaged vs those that have been disadvantaged by the reset.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't even notice this happened because I manually reset the vault 3-4 times during the event when I got most of what I wanted and the odds were swinging against me. So I'm appreciative for free stuff.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Ah, so that's what happened.  I know only a small number of people are going to have true sob stories as a result of this glitch but add me as one of them.  I had six pulls left, one was a Devil Dino and one was the ME so Hulky that I really needed.  I was going to buy out the vault if I didn't get him with my last day's tokens.  I had no idea what was going on when it reset but I was not happy.  The free Devil Dino is a bonus for most, adequate compensation for a few, and a lump of coal for me.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    What's the best move for folks who still have tokens sitting? I had 50+ I was saving to pull all at the end. When I realized the Vault had reset, I waited to pull until there was some resolution. Of course this came after the Vault expired. So now I have these tokens sitting there, and since they are for the 5th anniversary, I doubt they'll be valid come next year's anniversary.
    If I understand correctly, if you pull tokens from an expired vault, they basically become like other tokens with odds instead of pulling from A specific group of Rewards.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    LHammer said:
    Ah, so that's what happened.  I know only a small number of people are going to have true sob stories as a result of this glitch but add me as one of them.  I had six pulls left, one was a Devil Dino and one was the ME so Hulky that I really needed.  I was going to buy out the vault if I didn't get him with my last day's tokens.  I had no idea what was going on when it reset but I was not happy.  The free Devil Dino is a bonus for most, adequate compensation for a few, and a lump of coal for me.
    Support is being annoying too.  I got screwed pretty bad on the reset and all I asked of them is to exchange the green Devil Dinosaur cover for a purple since it was the only cover left in the vault and the only color I need.  Took like 3 responses to even get a coherent answer and even then it was just a nice way of saying piss off.  I wish we could treat paying customers like that where I work and stay in business
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Boommike said:
    What's the best move for folks who still have tokens sitting? I had 50+ I was saving to pull all at the end. When I realized the Vault had reset, I waited to pull until there was some resolution. Of course this came after the Vault expired. So now I have these tokens sitting there, and since they are for the 5th anniversary, I doubt they'll be valid come next year's anniversary.
    If I understand correctly, if you pull tokens from an expired vault, they basically become like other tokens with odds instead of pulling from A specific group of Rewards.
    Just wanted to come back and update this. I opened up the forums this morning hoping for some feedback on this .(those anniversary tokens we're burning a hole in my pocket) 
    Didn't see anything from fellow forumites or the devs, so figured, "What the hell, it's Monday morning, let's open em" 
    I started with 55 tokens in this expired "vault". My concern was that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the vault experience, narrowing the odds of the best goodies with each pull. Well, if you're a gambling player, you might want to hoard tokens until after any vault expires! Why? From those 55 pulls, I got 2900 hp three times. Three! And 1000 hp, 2 fan favorites tokens and a bunch of 4* and 3*. The odds were still great across my pulls. I'm sorry I don't have picture proof and you'll have to believe something on the internet, but holy hell. I went from disappointed about how the issue was handled to surprisingly giddy with the unforeseen results. Maybe I'll always let vaults expire when I have some tokens saved up. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike said:
    Boommike said:
    Just wanted to come back and update this. I opened up the forums this morning hoping for some feedback on this .(those anniversary tokens we're burning a hole in my pocket) 
    Didn't see anything from fellow forumites or the devs, so figured, "What the hell, it's Monday morning, let's open em" 
    I started with 55 tokens in this expired "vault". My concern was that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the vault experience, narrowing the odds of the best goodies with each pull. Well, if you're a gambling player, you might want to hoard tokens until after any vault expires! Why? From those 55 pulls, I got 2900 hp three times. Three! And 1000 hp, 2 fan favorites tokens and a bunch of 4* and 3*. The odds were still great across my pulls. I'm sorry I don't have picture proof and you'll have to believe something on the internet, but holy hell. I went from disappointed about how the issue was handled to surprisingly giddy with the unforeseen results. Maybe I'll always let vaults expire when I have some tokens saved up. 

Yeah, that's how expired vaults work - any pulls you make don't deplete the vault, so you have multiple chances at the good stuff. The drawback is that getting the less exciting stuff doesn't increase the chance to get the goodies.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    LHammer said:
    Support is being annoying too.  I got screwed pretty bad on the reset and all I asked of them is to exchange the green Devil Dinosaur cover for a purple since it was the only cover left in the vault and the only color I need.  Took like 3 responses to even get a coherent answer and even then it was just a nice way of saying piss off.  I wish we could treat paying customers like that where I work and stay in business
    When is support ever helpful? All they ever say to me when I experience a bug that screwed me over on something is that they're sending the issue to the devs and will get back to me very soon and then they just close the ticket. They're utterly useless.