Known Issue: Anniversary Vault Reset (10/22/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Some players experienced a bug that reset their Anniversary Vaults early this morning. Those that were affected were players who logged on between October 4th and the 8th, and didn't reset their vault before October 8th had their Anniversary Vault reset. This was not intended and we have identified what the cause was.

Players who logged in between 10/4 and 10/8 will receive 200 Hero Points and a Devil Dinosaur Green cover. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Thank you! Much appreciated!! :smiley:
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Really makes up for not having a realistic shot at the purple dd cover I actually needed or the 2900 hp I also really could have used.  Guess it's better than nothing.  Looking forward to using that dd in about a year or probably five the way getting stuff is in this game
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Decent compromise on a difficult scenario.
    I know many others (with much more on the line) will disagree.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I just got 200 HP and a green Devil Dinosaur cover as a "Thank you" for celebrating the anniversary.  My vault wasn't reset.

So some people's loss leads to a lot of people's gain.

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Daamn, i was worried i somehow wasted 500HP for reset. Compensation is adequate (i had 60/100 with mostly the best rewards remaining btw.), thanks :-)
  • NachoHunter
    NachoHunter Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I mean.... thanks?

Pretty weak.  At least toss us a FF token or something instead of a DD cover that will be useless until next year.

So annoyed I stayed up until 2am grinding for placement to get the 10 pack.  Hell, I spent more on shields than 200 hp just to get it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh, better than nothing, but an additional dino doesn't really offset the far more useful Captain Marvel cover I would have got without the reset.  :(
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the gesture. The HP will get put to good news and I'll never turn down a champion cover.

But I wasn't negatively impacted here, either. I'd already reset my vault once, so my 7 pulls from personal/alliance progression came from a vault with only 19 items left in it.

I would have cheerfully given up the 200 HP + Dino if it meant the people who were harmed could have been more directly made whole.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

I just got 200 HP and a green Devil Dinosaur cover as a "Thank you" for celebrating the anniversary.  My vault wasn't reset.

So some people's loss leads to a lot of people's gain.

I mean, I'd have preferred a Taskmaster cover, but I'm certainly not complaining about compensation for an issue I didn't have.

I do agree it should probably have been 500HP to compensate those who did actually reset their vaults within, say, 48 or 72 hours of the anniversary ending, perhaps.
  • Wontonz
    Wontonz Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    I was going to receive 3900 hp, a Dino, a Duck, two 4 *s, four 3 *s, and a 2 * from the remaining 11 pulls in my vault.  I was just waiting for the 10-pack from my placement in the season.  A single Dino and 200 hp isn't an appropriate apology.  Besides, these gifts were given to EVERYONE (from what many are saying) that played the game during that window regardless of whether they reset the vault, further cheapening the apology.

I have the screenshot to prove I was lined up to get the 2900 hp and 1000 hp rewards.  I just want what I was supposed to get...not another bunch of 2 *s from my remaining 13 vault tokens on a fresh vault.  Fix this please, devs.  Seriously, you can do better! 
    Similar story here, I was set to pull 2900hp, 3-4 Dinos, a FF, and ~10 assorted 3*/2* rewards after season tokens came out. D3 would sell those rewards for what, ~$25-30? You had probably $30-35 worth of bugged out rewards stolen from you.

And then they sent out 200hp and 1 Dino??? Incredibly incompetent way to handle their screw up.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the compensation, but I'm also a little bummed about it. I was gunning for the blue Nightcrawler cover in my vault, and I had a pretty decent shot at getting it (5 tokens, and nine pulls left in the vault). Still, a dinosaur in the hand is worth two blue furry elves in the bush, as the old phrase goes.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know you can't exactly compensate each person on what they missed out on but that seems pretty weak to me. Probably would have been better to give everyone an Anniversary 10 pack as part compensation for the bug and part of one last Anniversary surprise gift. I'm still out 2,700 hp and 4,500 iso but at least with a 10 pack I would've had a shot at getting something pretty decent even if I was unable to get any hp from it.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thanks! I needed that Dino cover.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    No, this is not fair compensation.   I had 96/100 with a fan favorite token remaining in those last 4 pulls.  I was waiting to get the tokens from my anniversary season rewards.  Disappointed in this entire situation.   Why not give us a fan favorite or LT at the very least.  Devil Dino straight up sucks.  Last thing I need is a cover for him her whatever it is
  • GreenArmadillo
    GreenArmadillo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I had four items left in my vault including the 1000 HP, three tokens from season rewards and obviously if the HP was the very last item I would have spent the 100 HP to get 900 back, no RNG required.  With the compensation I am down 700 (though they threw in a DD cover).  

I paid cash for the anniversary bundle and used some of the paid HP on 100HP daily deals because it was clear I would be close.  If it had been the bigger HP prize this would be very tough to swallow because I pay money for bundles with that much HP.  As is, I put in a lot of extra time this event trying to get all the prizes, only to get a lesser reward. I guess this is a lesson about paying any amount of real money, no matter how small, on vaults.
  • Falkbeer
    Falkbeer Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Yeah... i was 93/100 coming off Class of 2018, with a Wiccan and 1k HP as pending 4star rewards to collect. I know they cant hand tailor each compensation but a DD and 200 HP equals to nothing in comparison
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    200hp and a dd cover instead of the guaranteed several 4* covers, some thousand iso and more 2-3* covers and hp.
    this is a slap in the face, and everybody knows it. 

and it's just the tip... how anybody justifies throwing money your way is beyond me.