Djinn of Wishes - Djinn's Wish does not trigger "Whenever you draw" effects. [Fix in 3.1]

Options
WiLDRAGE
WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
Card Text:
Djinn's Wish - Support Card (2)
This support can't be reinforced.
Whenever this support is destroyed, draw a card and give it full mana.
I tested the following card/effects:
  • Unravel (Ultimate) ability of Jace, Unraveler of Secrets.
  • Avaricious Dragon
  • Psychic Corrosion
  • Sphinx's Tutelage
  • Alhammaret's Archive
None of these trigger.  Either this is a bug or Djinn's Wish should say "fetch the next card in your library and give it full mana".

//Edited Title - Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seconded, this has been the case since release of M19.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can confirm that the team is aware of this issue. I'll go ahead and add it to the bug list. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in the 3.1 update!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in the 3.1 update!
    What's the fix?  That it triggers draw effects or that it says "Fetch" instead of "Draw"?  Either would be appropriate.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby This one wasn't fixed, or at least not completely. Just had a match in TotP where I had Teferi's #3 ability support on the board, Greg had a Gideon's Defeat out, at the start of my turn Vault gem change popped 2 of my Djinn tokens, I got the 2 cards, but Greg's support was not exiled.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • stikxs
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nope, I actually very rarely use that. (don't shoot me pls :D)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stikxs said:
    Nope, I actually very rarely use that. (don't shoot me pls :D)

We _were_ going to shoot you, but since you asked nicely it's been taken off the agenda...
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah I’ve definitely noticed that his wishes are still not triggering draw effects. I use him off and on with both Teferi and J2, their ults do nothing when you pop a wish. 

I noticed this discrepancy from the get-go, but figured eh, whatevs cuz he was already so great, didn’t wanna get greedy. *but* if they say they gonna fix it and then it ain’t fixed...ok now what the heck.

I also do not use Alhammaret’s in either of those decks, and also would love to not be shot 😘
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This was the fix for Djinn of Wishes that was in the 3.1 update:
    • Fixed an issue where a random card was fetching from the deck instead of drawn when one of the player's Djinn's Wish Support token was destroyed in Battle, now the top card of the deck is drawn.
    Are players now experiencing a bug where other card effects aren't triggering when this draw effect is triggered?
  • stikxs
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Correct, non-Wish supports that trigger on card draw (and probably any creature features I can't think of at the moment) are not happening when a Wish is destroyed and a card is drawn in my experience.

The blue 6 shield support in the top left is my #3 ability that gives creatures +4/+4 on draw, at about 0:12 you can see a Wish token gets placed just southeast of the 6-shield. On Greg's turn he swaps that wish to the left to match a green and blue trio, the Wish gets destroyed and the card is drawn/filled but my creatures aren't buffed, and they don't get buffed until it gets back around to my draw phase.