Another RNG beatdown

JohnnyStacks
JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
1 for 37 on Classic Legend tokens this morning.  I know droughts happen, but man, it never gets easier.  Think I'm going to be done with hoarding/mini hoarding.  Saving up for 7 pulls at a time and that's it.  It'll be easier to swallow 0 for 7s over a 2.7% draw rate for 5*s.

Has anyone else waffled on how best to use their tokens and CP?  Or are you holding strong with your strategies?

P.S. Also, if Legend token draws are pre-determined (allegedly), don't you think they could somehow program it to not be so brutal sometimes, or is that unrealistic thinking?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I went 1 for 2 in the Cable vault today, but it's been a looooooong time.

I generally just spend all my CP and tokens as I get them. I'm saving my LLs for November now when Cable goes in and Wasp leaves (at 12 now) but that's an anomaly for me. I don't adjust my token-opening behavior to combat expectations.
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    60 pulls in Cable vault: 3 cable, 3 gambit (which was good as I had sold him off, now he's a 1-1-2) and one AA, plus bonus hero'd Shuri to a Okoye cover. 

All in all pretty good I think. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    20 pulls so far for Cable - zero 5*. I can pull more but am skeptical, this is now 5 out of 6 stores I have failed to get expected odds on release. On all other occasions pulled the 5* from LL with little fuss once they were in. You start to get a bit jaded...
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    My 5* draw rate is about normal (just got a JJ from Fan Favorites today), but my BH draw rate from ALL tokens has been atrocious.  And this is over a big same size.  With well over 100 tokens from Elite, Heroric and Legendary, I've managed just ONE 3* BH from an Elite token, none from heroic or legendary in a couple weeks. 

I'm sure it's just RNG suckiness, but I swear the odds on BH feel a lot worse than they have been.  I used to get 3* BH from Elites all the time, but now even those aren't producing at anywhere near a consistent (or even low) rate.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5* draw rate is about normal (just got a JJ from Fan Favorites today), but my BH draw rate from ALL tokens has been atrocious.  And this is over a big same size.  With well over 100 tokens from Elite, Heroric and Legendary, I've managed just ONE 3* BH from an Elite token, none from heroic or legendary in a couple weeks. 

I'm sure it's just RNG suckiness, but I swear the odds on BH feel a lot worse than they have been.  I used to get 3* BH from Elites all the time, but now even those aren't producing at anywhere near a consistent (or even low) rate.

100 isn't really a big sample size. 100,000 is maybe a big sample size.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker

100 isn't really a big sample size. 100,000 is maybe a big sample size.
    okay I'll let you know in about 10 years if my BH rate increases
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Has anyone else waffled on how best to use their tokens and CP? 
    Nah. I believe massive hoards offer the best resource management flexibility to get what I want. Cold streaks happen and hot streaks happen. The bigger the hoard, the more survivable the cold streaks are. Hot streaks give me extra resources for the next time I want to pull. It all evens out.

Currently sitting on 52 LTs and around 1000 CPs (down from 1600 before 24 pulls for Cable this morning) waiting for Loki to leave latest, enabling me to chase Kitty/Cable/whoever
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    850 CP in the "Rigged" Mutant Mavericks vault. No Cable. 1 Gambit and 3 Archangel. I just wanted a Cable.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twelve pulls for one 5*, but it was Cable.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    500 CP in Cable VAult...1st pull Cable...then Gambit...3 Archangels with the rest...felt pretty good but this is the first time I have ever saved that much...probably will do it again...if I can resist to scratch the itch
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    1/18 in Mutant Mavericks store going for Cable and Gambit. The 1 was an Archangel.

... at least it wasn't Wasp ...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/15 in the Cable vault, for a black Gambit, putting him at 4/2/5.  On the bright side, I did get a Spidey infinity War bonus hero to get him to 4/5/4, so he's the next one to champ for me.  Wiccan (4/4/3) is now my bonus hero so I can champ him.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I have never had a hot streak and it irritates me immensely. I think I’m at about 8% 5* rate this year....

Agree that if they are predetermining picks they should do a much better job at balancing the ratios.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    I was really lucky with this vault, got a cable yellow on my 3rd pull, and I left it at that....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    56 draws in the Cable vault. Only got 2 Gambits and 2 ArchAngels vs expected 8 5*s. What's worse is I only got 1 4* BH.

So I feel your pain.

I was really hoping one of the exciting features for the 5 year anniversary was going to be a change to the RNJesus so players got exactly 15% 5* draw rates (something trivially easy to code).

KGB
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    The last time I saved up all my cp (around 600cp) for a big draw to get Thor and I've yet to get him. Don't know why he was so elusive for me and I'm still bitter about it. Now I'm not bothering to save up anymore since RNGesus doesn't like me since I stopped praying. 
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    0/20 5* pulls on that mavericks legends vault. Worse is not even a single 4* BH. Want to throw the phone somewhere.

I played clash royale a bit to forget it and ease the pain of pulling in that trapped vault. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i find those special legends packs brutal for acquiring the new 5*. i'm giving this one a miss and waiting until he hits latests.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Pulling from the release store never seems to have good results.  Premium cp cost for a small pool, and in this case, 2 not so great classics.  Better to wait til Cable in latest to start pulling.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many people pulling from that Cable vault.
    Stop doing that.
    Even if you get 15%, 2/3s will be some of the worst 5s.
    Just wait for Cable to enter regular tokens unless you have more CP than you know what to do with.