What to do with regular iso

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banquetto said:
    I’ve got two max-champed copies of each 2* and a third copy at level 15 collecting covers to cycle through rewards.

Noob question - what's the benefit of keeping two max-champed copies? I would have thought one max-champed to use in e.g. essential character nodes, and a second copy collecting covers, would be all that you'd want?
    The AI will alterante between the two max champed chars.  They don't have to be max champed,  but really at the same level.  This lets people run thanos without having to goto the char screen to select someone different.  The ai will automatically fill in the healthiest of the 2 max champs
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it’s so Thanos can kill one and you can keep playing the 2* node with the other.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about we make an exchange rate for normal ISO and Red ISO for supports?   >:)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banquetto said:
    I’ve got two max-champed copies of each 2* and a third copy at level 15 collecting covers to cycle through rewards.

Noob question - what's the benefit of keeping two max-champed copies? I would have thought one max-champed to use in e.g. essential character nodes, and a second copy collecting covers, would be all that you'd want?

If you play speed PvE with Thanos it can be darn useful to not have to waste Health packs to revive the weak two-star essential, instead just switching to Another copy.

Particularly if the 2* essential is Storm, she has the durability of a wet paper towel.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I remember the good ol' days when I was slot-bound during the 2* - 3* transition and had upwards of 500K idle ISO, so I would gamble a few K at a time on standard tokens.  Good times.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Wish basic support store was open for iso. I can spend 25 cp and get a 5* easy-peasy, but for the life of me i just cant get a simple support token. Meanwhile i have almost a million in iso... I know i'll need it, once the 4*s start coming in earnest i'll probably be begging for more, but right now its just there....ehh
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Everyone can tell their own stories but it is a fact that a growing number of players are at the point where the resource that is most frequently given as a reward is worth absolutely nothing.

even if there were some premium boosts that you could buy for extra iso that would be something.  Or let me buy heroics for iso.  My favorite suggestion was letting basic support tokens be purchasable for purple iso.

signed,
    13.5 million and counting...
    They only made the problem worse by adding a new currency to support a new system rather than giving you more things to do with the existing....

Solutions as I see them:
    1.  Allow people to trade ISOs P > R & R > P.
    2.  Give people more things to do with ISO (ex: 6* tier, eliminate R ISO and make P ISO the currency for supports, etc).
    EDIT (extra idea)
    3.  Allow people to buy support tokens with P ISO.  This would help with the "How do I get supports" problem and the "How do I get Red ISO problem", but would lead to many/most vets having fully leveled 3* supports (which is fine unless they put them in PvP).
    4.  Just keep pretending like everything is fine.

So far all signs point to #4:

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I have over 2 million P ISO and rising waiting to be spent.  I'm all for being able to trade in some P ISO for R ISO and/or buying support tokens.  
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Basepuzzler said: hi
    Everyone can tell their own stories but it is a fact that a growing number of players are at the point where the resource that is most frequently given as a reward is worth absolutely nothing.

even if there were some premium boosts that you could buy for extra iso that would be something.  Or let me buy heroics for iso.  My favorite suggestion was letting basic support tokens be purchasable for purple iso.

signed,
    13.5 million and counting...
    Or even standart packs
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    rixmith said:
    I hit t50 in PVE's, get to 1000 in PVP and play 8 - 10 LR's per week and get t100 Alliance rewards in PVE and sometimes in PVP. So the 150K per week is probably near the high end of the spectrum. But I don't think it is unreasonable (at least playing at the 5* level in SCL9) to assume you can lower your ISO debt by 100K per week even after paying for leveling new covers.
    Actually 150K/week seems a little low. I've been tracking my iso gains & spending for the past 8-9 months & averaged about 55K/day pre anniversary. That's 40 wins in PvP, green checks in pve SCL 8/9 & DPD. That does include selling back max champs of 2 & 3*s except a few key characters I keep & dupe. It adds up a lot faster than I realized before I started writing it down.

I spent my hoard getting JJ & Okoye champed before JJ left latest tokens & at that time my iso debt was just over 10M. Since then I've brought it down around 6M including all the covers I've added along the way. Lots of champed 4s & the rest that can be 209 are 209, only 3-4 fully covered waiting for iso. It has taken some time, but it can definitely be done! According to my spreadsheet I should be paid up around the end of January.