What to do with regular iso

enigo me
enigo me Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
can we get something to do with regular iso for those that are “post iso”. i have almost 7 million iso with nothing to do. can we at least have some kind of red iso/purple iso swap? be able to donate to an alliance member?  buy roster spots? 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have started buying more boosts now that I don't need to be careful with the ISO, but it doesn't make much difference.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I dont understand how anyone has ISO and nothing to do with it. Have you really champed every character in the game? 
  • Quebbster
    I dont understand how anyone has ISO and nothing to do with it. Have you really champed every character in the game? 

As much as I can, yes. A few undercovered fivestars aren't leveled yet and the only onestar character I have rostered is Juggernaut, but other than that I have every character in the game champed (or at their current max in some cases). The ISO pile is Close to 6 million and growing.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    I am actually almost at this point of the game too. I have all 4*/3* maxleveled(nebula, dazzler, taskmaster) or champed (everyone else). All maxcovered 5* are also champed. So at this point i am maxleveling all undercovered 5*.

So i am still have sources were i can spend iso, but i guess it is not for long (6 months i guess)
  • Quebbster

The fourstar tier is the big hump to get over on the road to being ISO positive - there are many characters to champ in that tier, and the ISO cost increase from the threestar tier is quite steep. The fivestars aren't that much worse to level ISO-wise, so once you play at a level when you can earn the ISO to champ a fourstar faster than new fourstars are being released (at least 30K ISO a day), it's not that difficult to progress through the fivestar tier.

Judging by Nick441234's signature I'd say he will become ISO positive in the not too distant future too.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes.
    Champed all 3s, champed 95% of the 4s, building dupes of 4s and level them as I get covers.

Champed most 5s, the unchamped ones are leveled as high as covers allowed.

Over 8.5 million ISO banked, which I'll never be able to use up.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Quebbster said:

The fourstar tier is the big hump to get over on the road to being ISO positive - there are many characters to champ in that tier, and the ISO cost increase from the threestar tier is quite steep. The fivestars aren't that much worse to level ISO-wise, so once you play at a level when you can earn the ISO to champ a fourstar faster than new fourstars are being released (at least 30K ISO a day), it's not that difficult to progress through the fivestar tier.

Judging by Nick441234's signature I'd say he will become ISO positive in the not too distant future too.

What's your definition of "not too distant future" in this case?  I've got most of the four stars champed (Six are not, one of whom is Taskmaster) but I've still got an over 5M ISO deficit with the five-star tier.  The Anniversary has put a nice size dent in it, to be sure (JJ, Daredevil, and Okoye are maxleveled now, but none of them has more than 8 covers)...but even with five of them champed, it's going to be a while before I start wondering what to do with the ISO.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster said:

Yeah, I do find myself with more ISO now than I did when I was busy with the 4*s, but as you can see, still plenty of work to do with the 5's. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster said:

What's your definition of "not too distant future" in this case?  I've got most of the four stars champed (Six are not, one of whom is Taskmaster) but I've still got an over 5M ISO deficit with the five-star tier.  The Anniversary has put a nice size dent in it, to be sure (JJ, Daredevil, and Okoye are maxleveled now, but none of them has more than 8 covers)...but even with five of them champed, it's going to be a while before I start wondering what to do with the ISO.

I left it intentionally vague for a reason. Just did a Quick calculation though and I Think your champed fourstars represent an investment of about 25 million ISO, so 5 million isn't as much as you might Think. There's only one way to eat an elephant: One bite at a time.

Obviously this is a Marathon and not a sprint, and I have been playing pretty obsessively for years, so my ISO income is probably quite a bit above average. Still, every extra level you can apply between champing the new releases mean the debt just got a bit smaller.

• enigo me
    enigo me Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    i have over 4.5 years playing.....all 5* champed except kitty.  all 4* champed except nebula, dazzler and taskmaster; already have 2 dupes champed and 8 more dupes on thier way. all 3* max champed with a dupe going for each. 2* thanos fodder army almost complete.  i guess i could iso boost but .... meh. i would rather do something more productive like get more supports leveled for pve use
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I don't think I will ever have this problem. All my ISO goes to Championing 4*'s and maintaining my 2* farm. I have 32/74 of the 4*'s champed with 13 of them fully covered, but I don't have enough ISO to finish them all off. I have all 3*'s champed and have 3 of them Max champed with 3 duplicates waiting on the covers to champ them as well. I cycle through the 2*'s championing them all and replacing them as I go. I only keep 1* Iron Man for the DDQ mission every other 1* cover gets sold as soon as I get it. I don't keep any limited characters except for my champed 4* Devil Dino, champed 4* Howard, and 4* Taskmaster. I have all the 5*'s rostered except Silver Surfer (My White Whale) and they are all soft capped at Level 271 with many covers on them. 

The way they rapidly release 4*'s does not let me catch up. That's why I feel like I will never be Post ISO. I also don't have interest in entering 5* land. I love 4* land and I'm having fun with it.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I became ISO positive this summer. I level new 4*'s as I get covers. When a new character hits LT's I spend my mini-hoard, and level anyone I can. All 3*'s are max champed and have a champed dupe. A few even have triplicates. All 2*'s have a max champ and a dupe.

I have found that my ISO stash is increasing at the rate of about 1M ISO each 6 weeks, or roughly 150K per week after leveling all new covers I get.

I hit t50 in PVE's, get to 1000 in PVP and play 8 - 10 LR's per week and get t100 Alliance rewards in PVE and sometimes in PVP. So the 150K per week is probably near the high end of the spectrum. But I don't think it is unreasonable (at least playing at the 5* level in SCL9) to assume you can lower your ISO debt by 100K per week even after paying for leveling new covers.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    enigo me said:
    can we get something to do with regular iso for those that are “post iso”. i have almost 7 million iso with nothing to do. can we at least have some kind of red iso/purple iso swap? be able to donate to an alliance member?  buy roster spots? 
    Give some to me?  I am in desperate need of more iso
  • Quebbster
    Shintok17 said:
    I don't think I will ever have this problem. All my ISO goes to Championing 4*'s and maintaining my 2* farm. I have 32/74 of the 4*'s champed with 13 of them fully covered, but I don't have enough ISO to finish them all off. I have all 3*'s champed and have 3 of them Max champed with 3 duplicates waiting on the covers to champ them as well. I cycle through the 2*'s championing them all and replacing them as I go. I only keep 1* Iron Man for the DDQ mission every other 1* cover gets sold as soon as I get it. I don't keep any limited characters except for my champed 4* Devil Dino, champed 4* Howard, and 4* Taskmaster. I have all the 5*'s rostered except Silver Surfer (My White Whale) and they are all soft capped at Level 271 with many covers on them. 

The way they rapidly release 4*'s does not let me catch up. That's why I feel like I will never be Post ISO. I also don't have interest in entering 5* land. I love 4* land and I'm having fun with it.

I farm too, and as long as you aren't rostering new versions it is ISO neutral, more or less - the ISO stash you get when you sell off a maxchamped version almost covers the cost of maxing the replacement (the remainder is covered by champion rewards and SHIELD rank bonuses). I was running a Little low on ISO when I was rostering dupe threestars instead of just Selling the maxchamped version, but I got through that too and now the farm is set up nicely (at least until I get some fourstars maxchamped...).

The math is pretty simple: A new character is released every two weeks, so you need to earn enough ISO to be able to champ them as they are released. With the 4 - 4 - 5 pattern, that equals around 30K ISO a day to keep up (1,2 milllion ISO over a 42 day period). Anything you earn in excess of that is basically leveling progress. Admittedly you have quite a lot of the fourstar hump to get over, but with enough play over time you will get there eventually.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve got two max-champed copies of each 2* and a third copy at level 15 collecting covers to cycle through rewards. 

I’ve got every 3* max-champed and all but five have a champed dupe. The five dupes that aren’t champed are at their level-max waiting for covers. 

I have all 4*s, including Taskmaster,  champed with the only exceptions being Nebula and Dazzler who are at their level-max (229 and 209 respectively) waiting for covers. 

My iso deficit to finish my 3* farm and remaining 4s is 833k. 

I’m currently sitting on 1.4 million. 

I would be post-iso.... if not for the 9.1 million needed to level all my 5s to their max... yeahhhhh. Not going to be post anytime soon. 

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Everyone can tell their own stories but it is a fact that a growing number of players are at the point where the resource that is most frequently given as a reward is worth absolutely nothing.

even if there were some premium boosts that you could buy for extra iso that would be something.  Or let me buy heroics for iso.  My favorite suggestion was letting basic support tokens be purchasable for purple iso.

signed,
    13.5 million and counting...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Shintok17 said:

I farm too, and as long as you aren't rostering new versions it is ISO neutral, more or less - the ISO stash you get when you sell off a maxchamped version almost covers the cost of maxing the replacement (the remainder is covered by champion rewards and SHIELD rank bonuses). I was running a Little low on ISO when I was rostering dupe threestars instead of just Selling the maxchamped version, but I got through that too and now the farm is set up nicely (at least until I get some fourstars maxchamped...).

The math is pretty simple: A new character is released every two weeks, so you need to earn enough ISO to be able to champ them as they are released. With the 4 - 4 - 5 pattern, that equals around 30K ISO a day to keep up (1,2 milllion ISO over a 42 day period). Anything you earn in excess of that is basically leveling progress. Admittedly you have quite a lot of the fourstar hump to get over, but with enough play over time you will get there eventually.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Nick441234
    Shintok17 said:

You'll get through the 4*s eventually. I did. It takes a long time but you do get there eventually. 

I also remember writing how I loved 4* land and had no interest in going into 5* land. Sadly, I was forced into it by wanting to do better in PVE and I found I needed 5* Thanos for that. By championing him it messed with my PVP scaling so much to the point I simply had to champ more 5*s. I would rather still be in 4* land but PVE is my priority with this game. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    If we're suggesting things for them to add, how about an alliance donation option? If enough people donate then everyone gets some reward. If not enough people donate, that iso goes to the rest of the alliance in their daily resupply iso.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I’ve got two max-champed copies of each 2* and a third copy at level 15 collecting covers to cycle through rewards.

Noob question - what's the benefit of keeping two max-champed copies? I would have thought one max-champed to use in e.g. essential character nodes, and a second copy collecting covers, would be all that you'd want?