Places of Power, A Success Story?

2»

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Honestly,  I thought the deadly were too easy as is.  If your are going to make it 10/10  then at least make the deadly hard enough that only a few alliances can do the progression.

As it stands its too easy for all of the t25 alliances.  I'd be down with making it 9 of 10 but crank it up so that only a few alliances can win the double LTs
    No thank you. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding an "Extreme" difficulty though for the most advanced players.

Normal - 4 clears, Hard - 6 clears, Deadly - 8 clears, Extreme - 9/10 clears
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would people say if there was a singular set of rewards and a singular countdown that took into account all of the points everyone gathered in the normal/hard/deadly sub events?

Keep the rewards as they are for Deadly, but allow everyone to contribute to a singular pot, rather than three seperate pots that may not even get filled. That way everyone who contributes will help the goal.

My alliance has some people who can only really do normal, one or two in Hard, but 13 have gone Deadly. We gain a few bonuses from the Normal and Hard guys and they help their own progress and such, but they feel like they're not helping as much as they could.

If there was a singular pot they'd be able to help more. I think you'd need to make the total points for each sub event different, so everyone doesn't just wipe out Normal every day. Like...10k, 15k and 20k and the total required for max progression in a day is 300,000. That way you don't need everyone in Deadly, but you need more than everyone in Normal.

Dunno, just throwing out an idea here. The format would be the same, but the route to progression would be way less convoluted and require a lot less micromanaging in a game that's not designed for it.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler

1: I feel like there's a serious missed opportunity here.  This is one of very few events in which the players won't be functionally penalized for taking our time and enjoying the storyline/dialogue  ...and there's no dialogue?  I think I understand what it supposed to be taking place, but it would be really nice to have in-game cutscenes or extra nodes to describe the situation. 

Now I remember why I like this event more than the others - no inane dialog to have to click skip on when all I want to do is grind out the node for my alliance. The only thing that would be better to make it even less clicking is an instant collect reward/refight button.

Please, no cut scenes or dialog, if you must have a story, make it once when you select the node level and never again during the node itself. I think I counted something like 10 sub-nodes in the run through and if I had to click past story for each one of those each bloody time it would drive me insane.

4 Clears is good, I have other things to do in life so don't need to be upping number of clears just for having something more to do.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    My Alliance isn't thrilled with this event.
    I enjoy the non-competitive aspect.
    My Alliance hates grinding nodes (doing a node more than once). They'd rather do a boss event where nodes close then reopen every 8 hours.
    I hope this event type replaces competitive Story events.

I think I was viewing this event in a positive light while my Alliance mates saw the event otherwise.

The lack of info is pretty taxing, especially for an event requiring this much coordination. My Alliance is super casual, and I'm one of our two most active players. I'm the only one that's on the forum, and our only coordination is through Alliance chat. That makes coordination pretty rough.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 3 days I can safely say that I am not enjoying the grind at all, the points scoring is confusing for a mid tier alliance and the choice of Nebula as the 4e for the Anniversary special event was not just poor, it was downright mean spirited.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    This event is great, thanks devs for a change! I blew it day 1 in doing a normal node because it seemed from the description that you needed to divide your alliance up to cover all bases, but it wasn't true: by day 2 we were just all doing deadly. but so what, we lost one legendary because of that, no biggie.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    What would people say if there was a singular set of rewards and a singular countdown that took into account all of the points everyone gathered in the normal/hard/deadly sub events?

I honestly thought that was how it was going to be when i first looked at the event.  Like old school Hulk or the other pve event, where there was a global meter to unlock.

It would certainly help with one of the cons I've been seeing mentioned; that casual alliances or alliances helping newer people progress are being punished.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I like the setup of the new event in general. Particularly the lack of escalating side nodes. The one thing that I would change is the scoring. I suggest the following:

Personal progression should be daily. Tie the rewards to the level of the sub entered in the same way that they would be when entering a normal pve at a particular scl. Clearing the sub would give the rewards for the day. Because the progression resets each day a player is not restricted to the same difficulty level for the whole event.

Alliance progression would be determined across the whole event. In addition to the points players score for clearing individual nodes there would be a points reward for opening a sub given to the alliance when the first player enters that sub. Subsequent players selecting that sub would only score the points for clearing it. Optimising alliance progression would require hitting multiple subs. To facilitate this the nodes to select a sub would display the yellow replay icon if another member of the alliance has already selected that sub and earned the bonus points for the alliance.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I would love it if all events that ran over weekends were either this format or Boss events. Then the Monday - Thursday events could be the older ones. I've really enjoyed not having worry about whether weekend activities will conflict with my ability to be competitive in PVE events.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

This run I've quite liked, but my enjoyment has been tempered somewhat by the problems.  The main one, in my opinion, is being split into separate areas, and not knowing who is in each area.

I think the second run of this event will be much more of a success.  Almost certainly.  Probably.

1882 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

Keep the rewards as they are for Deadly, but allow everyone to contribute to a singular pot, rather than three seperate pots that may not even get filled. That way everyone who contributes will help the goal.

My alliance has some people who can only really do normal, one or two in Hard, but 13 have gone Deadly. We gain a few bonuses from the Normal and Hard guys and they help their own progress and such, but they feel like they're not helping as much as they could.

If there was a singular pot they'd be able to help more. I think you'd need to make the total points for each sub event different, so everyone doesn't just wipe out Normal every day. Like...10k, 15k and 20k and the total required for max progression in a day is 300,000. That way you don't need everyone in Deadly, but you need more than everyone in Normal.

Dunno, just throwing out an idea here. The format would be the same, but the route to progression would be way less convoluted and require a lot less micromanaging in a game that's not designed for it.
    100% agree with this buddy.. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I am saying I really liked this event.  The fact that I didn’t have to race to finish my clears was the biggest plus.  Having 24 hours to get 4 clears in was really nice.  The rewards were really good.  I would actually like to see them revamp gauntlet rewards to be similar to this event.  Overall the deadly did not feel harder than CL9 PVE.  

Overall i I am going to say thanks for this event devs it was fun and I hope you run more events like this in the future
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I loved it, even with the lack of communication for Day one...Loved it and I just miss it
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I love Love LOVE the relaxed nature of this event. Play my leisure, no clocks, no time-sensitivity. Just pop in and play when I can across 24 hours. WONDERFUL.

The PVE aspect of the game has been DESPERATELY needing that kind of fix. I want to see it more often.

• dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Yes, great event.  Ignoring the placement aspect, this gives me everything I wanted in PVE - no required time commitments and grinding against the clock makes things soooo much better.  I can't emphasize that enough.  

I would love it if every story event was like this. I'd be enjoying the game much more than I am currently.

For placement, just make it a time trial where each player competes for the best overall clear times for each node while earning rewards.   No recharging/grinding necessary.  You still can play when you want to, just when you do, you play as fast as possible.  That's totally do-able in small amounts, or even large amounts of time if you feel like it.

Plus if you don't start the timer until the match actually starts, players can actually read and enjoy the story without penalty.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I loved the pace. I loved the rewards. I might have loved it a lot less if I didn't have a 5* Thanos (3/0/2) on roster.

I think communication/understanding/display of Alliance rewards was severely lacking. To be honest, I don't think most of my alliance mates knew what they were playing towards in their respective difficulty level (let alone in others). They'd fight a little, get a LOT of rewards (not necessarily knowing why they were getting them) and assumed they were done. Most gave up part way, either out of confusion or boredom. I would have to go in (to my difficulty only, since I couldn't see others') and say " just 3000 more points in HARD Wakanda for full rewards". They responded well and got the job done, but wouldn't likely have done so if I hadn't prompted them. All I could do was cheer from the sidelines since I already achieved full progression and was effectively locked out.