Latest LTs: Here comes the Kitty

2»

Comments

• plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Started a mini hoard, and after reading here decided to open until I got one Kitty. (have 980 CP, 19 tokens). Luckily, pulled one yellow cover in 3 pulls. Since I have Loki and Wasp champed, will hoard until the cable store I guess, depending...or I may hoard until Cable enters latest, pull till I get one of him, then wait until Loki is out. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since Wasp created a whole bottom tier to herself of worst 5 star character ever and nobody sees a fix coming anytime soon, I think most of use will wait to do any pulls from the latest legendary, until Wasp buzzes off.   So everybody should wait until Cable, Loki, and Kitty Pride are the latest legendary choices.  Tell your friends. They won't fix her, unless they noticed a significant drop in the latest legendary covers purchases.
    Not everyone has the same goals. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I was fortunate enough to get 1 kitty from my alliance progression token, otherwise I would pull to get 1 kitty in order to use in essentials.
    Instead I'm waiting to get 1 cable then see who's next. I do plan to crack my hoard while kitty and cable are both in latests. The question is whether I'll prefer Loki or the 5* after Cable.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm saving my meagre amount of CP for the Cable tokens for the boss event. I hope he's good =/

I'm only three away for Wasp, so I knda wanna get those three, champ her and then be done with it. Feels like a waste not to. Every 5* helps in PvE.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not only am I waiting for Cable to boot Wasp, I'm waiting to see who boots Loki.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    50 LL pulls

1 Loki
    2 kitty
    5 wasp

Can't really complain. A bit above average but lots of wasps

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made about 45 pulls and received no Kitty covers.  I did manage to complete my Loki, and my Wasp is now up to 7 saved covers.  Probably not the best pair to enter the 5* tier with...
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Got lucky.  Pulled Loki first then Kitty right after so 2 LTs gets 2 5* and neither was Wasp.   I win today!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since Wasp created a whole bottom tier to herself of worst 5 star character ever and nobody sees a fix coming anytime soon, I think most of use will wait to do any pulls from the latest legendary, until Wasp buzzes off.   So everybody should wait until Cable, Loki, and Kitty Pride are the latest legendary choices.  Tell your friends. They won't fix her, unless they noticed a significant drop in the latest legendary covers purchases.
    Do we have any info on cable? Like numbers or power costs? If not why assume he is better than wasp? I do not care if I have wasp or cable. Even ock and banner do not bother me. I guess I'm weird. 

I do not understand giving directions to people on what to spend their resources on when there is no info about cable out there yet.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    OJSP said:
    tiomono said:
    Do we have any info on cable? Like numbers or power costs? If not why assume he is better than wasp? I do not care if I have wasp or cable. Even ock and banner do not bother me. I guess I'm weird. 

I do not understand giving directions to people on what to spend their resources on when there is no info about cable out there yet.
    From the anniversary video, we could see one of Cable’s power in action. The cost of the powers might be different when he is released, but that one power that we know is better than Wasp’s already.

Of course, it’s up to you. I was just wondering why you decided to do it (getting a Kitty cover for the 5* essential is one good reason that I can think of)
    There have been screenshots and/or videos of characters that showed a much more powerful versions in the past (I thought this happened with Wasp but going through her thread I'm not seeing it, I'm pretty sure it happened with someone recently).  Don't assume anything based on that video, what we get could be drastically different.  This is why they normally try not to show/tell things too far in advance, people latch on to the tiniest thing and get ridiculous hopes/expectations to be dashed.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Opened a mini-hoard of about 105 pulls to finish Wasp, get a Kitty and hopefully finish Loki. 

5 x Wasp (+1 cover from Ant-Man rewards)
    2 x Loki
    6 x Kiltty
    1 x Daredevil BH
    1 x Thor BH (+1 cover from Valkyrie rewards)

Wasp is fully covered and has 5 covers on deck for champ levels. Loki is 4 covers away (5/1/3) and Kitty is 7 away (3/1/2). Would have preferred to get more Loki than Wasp covers, but I should be in a good position to resume hoarding and open again a day or so before Loki leaves latest. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    OJSP said:
    broll said:
    There have been screenshots and/or videos of characters that showed a much more powerful versions in the past (I thought this happened with Wasp but going through her thread I'm not seeing it, I'm pretty sure it happened with someone recently).  Don't assume anything based on that video, what we get could be drastically different.  This is why they normally try not to show/tell things too far in advance, people latch on to the tiniest thing and get ridiculous hopes/expectations to be dashed.
    Of course. Anything is subject to change before they become official.

Again, I am not saying people should or have to wait until Wasp is replaced by Cable. I’ve been merely curious to why people don’t want to wait and see. There should be a time window where we would have the relevant information to make an informed decision. Would that not be a better approach?
    Well then to satisfy your curiosity. I actually like wasp as a character. She may not be strong in game but I enjoy her art and animations. I have never really had an opinion on cable apart from "he has lots of pockets". 

In game I enjoy using characters I like. Not based soley on what they do in game, but based on the character as they are represented in the game, comics, or other media.

Spiderman is my man always has been my favorite and always will be. That may be why vulture is my highest leveled 4. I also really like daredevil.

Currently daredevil is my only champ 5. So I try to build my teams around daredevil. Kitty compliments him well and wasp has no active color overlap with him so I wouldn't mind using her. She could also make him invisible for a bit to let him heal back up in safety if he gets really low. So in my eyes wasp could support my daredevil. So I am ok if I have her up to a champable state.

What we have seen of cable he has blue yellow green as his colors. So 2 colors overlap with daredevil and he will likely be an offensive character. I do not know that for sure but it seems likely. I have next to no interest in cable. 

I enjoy making oddball fun teams that people dont typically run. I will make teams around characters I enjoy or that just make me chuckle. I dont give a rip about the meta. I do not need to be the fastest or best. I need to have fun. That's what I get from games. I do not stress over wanting to be top dog, I play to PLAY. That's what drives me. As long as I find it fun or enjoyable I will continue to play and try to come up with teams around characters I like.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    OJSP said:
    broll said:
    Of course. Anything is subject to change before they become official.

Again, I am not saying people should or have to wait until Wasp is replaced by Cable. I’ve been merely curious to why people don’t want to wait and see. There should be a time window where we would have the relevant information to make an informed decision. Would that not be a better approach?
    Well then to satisfy your curiosity. I actually like wasp as a character. She may not be strong in game but I enjoy her art and animations. I have never really had an opinion on cable apart from "he has lots of pockets". 

In game I enjoy using characters I like. Not based soley on what they do in game, but based on the character as they are represented in the game, comics, or other media.

Spiderman is my man always has been my favorite and always will be. That may be why vulture is my highest leveled 4. I also really like daredevil.

Currently daredevil is my only champ 5. So I try to build my teams around daredevil. Kitty compliments him well and wasp has no active color overlap with him so I wouldn't mind using her. She could also make him invisible for a bit to let him heal back up in safety if he gets really low. So in my eyes wasp could support my daredevil. So I am ok if I have her up to a champable state.

What we have seen of cable he has blue yellow green as his colors. So 2 colors overlap with daredevil and he will likely be an offensive character. I do not know that for sure but it seems likely. I have next to no interest in cable. 

I enjoy making oddball fun teams that people dont typically run. I will make teams around characters I enjoy or that just make me chuckle. I dont give a rip about the meta. I do not need to be the fastest or best. I need to have fun. That's what I get from games. I do not stress over wanting to be top dog, I play to PLAY. That's what drives me. As long as I find it fun or enjoyable I will continue to play and try to come up with teams around characters I like.
    DD and Cable only overlap in Green. DD’s Yellow is passive. It’s actually nice to have him tank and have a Yellow outlet which to me makes Cable a potentially good partner. 

I think people are saying wait for Cable because Wasp is currently the worst 5 in the game so he will likely be better. But even if you don’t care about the meta or who is the better character, waiting a couple weeks for information on Cable will let you know if he’s better for your roster than Wasp. Might end up being the perfect partner for Matt (one can only dream. Daredevil is my Spider-Man, lol.  I’m glad his 5* version is actually good because his 3* is pretty weak). 
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:

Historically, around anniversary time, MPQ has introduced new powerful characters, this encourages buying during all the hype. Sure that powerful character has been downgraded afterwards, but that is a different story and many threads cover that.
    Wasp is the worst 5 star that has been released so far.  Many threads have covered that as well.
    So there is a very good chance, that Cable will be much better than Wasp.  
    Weighing the pros and cons, shows saving up and not getting any more wasp tokens, is advisable, but If people want to spend their hard earned command points and legendary tokens on Wasp, all power to them.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Cable is in fact worse than Wasp, I Think a lot of people will be very upset.