Steam users - no Dino for you!

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
https://d3go.com/MPQatNYCC

I've long said it's (how do I put this nicely) - unfair that Steam/PC users aren't getting the free 3*'s. But I've just kept shrugging it off, 3*'s aren't getting you very far very fast.

LIMITED FOUR STARS, on the other hand, should be handed out evenly.

This is not right, you need to treat your platforms equally.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devil Dino isn't getting you very far very fast, either.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Ahh, but this isn't just a LIMITED FOUR STAR... it is a LIMITED REALLY TINYKITTY FOUR STAR THAT HOLDS NO STRATEGIC VALUE WHAT-SO-EVER.

I'd feel more inclined to agree with you if you framed your argument as "why do they get a free 1000 ISO and I don't?", but as it is, complaining about a Devil Dino card is like whining you didn't get any brussel sprouts with your meal.  You weren't going to eat them anyways, so why bother?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Thank you OP for Devil Dino champ level 278. I got 2CP for it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a "i'm on the floor at NYCC" gift, so you'd have to be walking around with your laptop to get it
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    SnowcaTT said:
    <snip>

Assuming you were at NYCC, you’ll also have the picture that was taken as a part of the promotion that this is a part of.  Put a ticket into CS with that and they can get the cover popped over for PC users.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    <snip>

Assuming you were at NYCC, you’ll also have the picture that was taken as a part of the promotion that this is a part of.  Put a ticket into CS with that and they can get the cover popped over for PC users.
    IceIX, if I didn't attend NYCC, can I still contact CS for the cover? 

Signed: one of the Steam players, there are dozens of us, I tell you. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Dino for Kindle Fire users either. But thanks for the free middle finger, D3.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:
    Ahh, but this isn't just a LIMITED FOUR STAR... it is a LIMITED REALLY TINYKITTY FOUR STAR THAT HOLDS NO STRATEGIC VALUE WHAT-SO-EVER.

I'd feel more inclined to agree with you if you framed your argument as "why do they get a free 1000 ISO and I don't?", but as it is, complaining about a Devil Dino card is like whining you didn't get any brussel sprouts with your meal.  You weren't going to eat them anyways, so why bother?
    It's more about the principle then it is the value of the reward. The device you choose to play on shouldn't lock you out of certain rewards. The strategic value of this cover for any particular is player is also rather subjective when we have both a Crash of The Titans and PVP that require use of the character, where more covers is definitely advantageous. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I've never understood why people don't get that this is not an issue of the developers deciding that certain device owners don't deserve something and that it's just a limitation of the device / platform you've chosen to play on. One could argue that even two people playing on Android have different experiences depending on the size of their screen. Does having a larger display make selecting the right tiles easier and quicker? What about a smoother screen with less friction, does that speed up play time? Are the devs sticking their middle fingers up at players with small screens and cheap screens?

Not every platform supports every giveaway. Depending on where you live and local taxes, you might be paying more for certain in-game resources. Nothing will ever be perfectly even, and that shouldn't mean giveaways and sales shouldn't exist.
  • mega ghost
    Also, I might be mistaken, but don't Steam users play in a separate ecosystem from mobile players? If you'll never be competing against a mobile player that got a free Devil Dino cover (assuming every mobile player got one for the sake of argument), how does that put you at a disadvantage? Also, since there a fewer Steam players, wouldn't getting higher placement rewards be easier?

And didn't console players get an entire character that mobile players didn't with Iron Patriot? 
  • mega ghost
    OJSP said:
    Also, I might be mistaken, but don't Steam users play in a separate ecosystem from mobile players?
    They play in the same ecosystem as mobile players. This actually makes them extra dedicated if they are playing competitively against the mobile players. I admire their commitment and actually feel bad for Steam players.
    Is that new? And if so, when did that happen? My understanding was always that there was a division between mobile and Steam/console.
  • ursopro
    OJSP said:
    Also, I might be mistaken, but don't Steam users play in a separate ecosystem from mobile players?
    They play in the same ecosystem as mobile players. This actually makes them extra dedicated if they are playing competitively against the mobile players. I admire their commitment and actually feel bad for Steam players.
    Is that new? And if so, when did that happen? My understanding was always that there was a division between mobile and Steam/console.

if by new you mean since the Steam release in December 3 of 2013 then yes, is new.
  • mega ghost
    ursopro said:
    OJSP said:

if by new you mean since the Steam release in December 3 of 2013 then yes, is new.
    All of the info I have ever encountered up until now has stated that mobile and Steam/console is completely segregated. If that's not the case then maybe I was just misunderstanding what people were saying about being able to play the same account between platforms.

And if I have been playing with Steam/console players all of this time, then why have I never encountered an Iron Patriot in the wild?
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    I play on Steam, and I as well have yet to encounter this Iron Patriot.

Rumor has it there are a few golden accounts out there that have their Steam and mobile accounts tied together. They dropped that feature soon after introducing it many moons ago.

The only unique reward they gave us was to snatch away our U.I.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:

i’ll Have your Brussels sprouts. I can highly recommend sprouts cooked with chestnuts and bacon. The best bits are clearly the bacon and the chestnuts but still, it’s a winning combination. 
  • mega ghost
    OJSP said:
    It’s not new. It’s always been like that. I think you’re mixing up Steam and Console. Steam is the PC version of the online game while Console is the PS or XBox version which is standalone and offline.
    Ah, I thought those were all grouped together and I didn't realize the console versions were offline. That would explain why I've never seen an Iron Patriot, then.

I play on Steam, and I as well have yet to encounter this Iron Patriot.

Rumor has it there are a few golden accounts out there that have their Steam and mobile accounts tied together. They dropped that feature soon after introducing it many moons ago.

The only unique reward they gave us was to snatch away our U.I.
    It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
  • mega ghost
    AXP_isme said:
    abmoraz said:

i’ll Have your Brussels sprouts. I can highly recommend sprouts cooked with chestnuts and bacon. The best bits are clearly the bacon and the chestnuts but still, it’s a winning combination. 
    Brussels sprouts are delicious so I find this analogy wholly unrelatable. Let's replace brussels sprouts with.... white chocolate.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    just my 2 cents- but Steam players that come here every time complaining about this stuff do you also take the time to complain to Steam about why their platform doesn't allow for promotions like that ?  Maybe it's worth a shot
  • ursopro
    Wonko33 said:
    just my 2 cents- but Steam players that come here every time complaining about this stuff do you also take the time to complain to Steam about why their platform doesn't allow for promotions like that ?  Maybe it's worth a shot
    I fail to see how is this a platform issue when we share parity with the mobile version since the supports patch fiasco, of course, with exception of some of the improvements the mobile crowd got that never made it to Steam for "reasons".

Even that marvelpuzzlequest:// protocol they use in the promotion link to launch the app in mobile is functional enough to launch the game on PC.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    abmoraz said:

Brussels sprouts are delicious so I find this analogy wholly unrelatable. Let's replace brussels sprouts with.... white chocolate.
    Nope, can't relate to that either.