Will Cable be the next Gambit?

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Dino was nerfed also.  So 100% of anniversary released 4* & 5* characters have been nerfed........

Happy Anniversary?
    Not Gwenpool. Leave her alone!!!!!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Dino was nerfed also.  So 100% of anniversary released 4* & 5* characters have been nerfed........

Happy Anniversary?
    Was he? I thought he was buffed when they did his rework, shifting him from laughably bad to still bad but now with a more gentle chuckle?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

Happy Anniversary?
    Was he? I thought he was buffed when they did his rework, shifting him from laughably bad to still bad but now with a more gentle chuckle?
    His laughably bad still had niche uses as his purple cost was cheap. They upped the damage a bit but overall it just made him solidly bottom tier with no niche. So overall nerf in the eyes of many.
  • mega ghost
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Happy Anniversary?
    His laughably bad still had niche uses as his purple cost was cheap. They upped the damage a bit but overall it just made him solidly bottom tier with no niche. So overall nerf in the eyes of many.
    I didn't realize his purple ever even had a niche use!
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Happy Anniversary?
    Okoye loves a partner with a low cost damage ability - she will stack all the extra damage herself...

Although I think the purple nerf occurred before the Okoye release.
  • mega ghost
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Happy Anniversary?
    Okoye loves a partner with a low cost damage ability - she will stack all the extra damage herself...

Yeah, the changes made to Devil Dino were done either right before or alongside the 3rd Anniversary, and Okoye was only just released several months back.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Happy Anniversary?

Except his purple didn't do damage before - it just moved tiles around. Okoye wouldn't buff it - his current purple (which is still reasonably cheap,) is actually better for Okoye.

"Dino Dance" cost 3 purple AP, so you could couple him with KK, OML, or someone else who did cool things when you cast a power.  Kind of like Kingpin - they tried to buff him but it ended up ending his niche use so now you've got an underpowered character.  Of course, 3AP is kind of stupid cheap, I can understand why they wanted to do away with it.  Considering with, say, 4* Star Lord, 4* BW, or Shuri (under some circumstances) you can get it to cost 1.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's a minimum cost for power? Like 3?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct. Clagger have a 3AP Purple Power (most of the time) that actually deals damage btw. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct. Clagger have a 3AP Purple Power (most of the time) that actually deals damage btw. 

Yes, but you'll note that based on the phrasing of the power, it can't be reduced further.  So at this point the functional minimum is 3, as the least expensive "normal" power is 5...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right. That’s why I said “correct”. I was just making a second point which is that over time power creep has given us the best of both Dinos in Cloak and Dagger. It deals damage like new Dino but is cheap and spammable like old Dino. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I appreciated the old dino ability more, personally.  It told you what colors it was moving to the top left corner.  Sure, it didn't tell you which tile specifically, but you knew the color.  And based on the structure of the top left, you could formulate whether or not it was gonna generate a match or even a cascade.

For 3 ap, I enjoyed it.  It wasn't broke , and it was definitely niche, but the cost made it alluring.
  • barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    the old dino was annoying when paired with KK. Especially if you had animations on... game never ended!