Any idea of his power set yet?

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patience, young Padawan.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    You can see his power descriptions if you pause the video. I remember one mentioned by one of the forummers is where any excessive damage will be carried over to the next enemy or the rest of the enemies.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the video, he can make a blue countdown (video doesn't show what it does), and he has an attack that, if it KO's the opponent, deals the leftover damage to the enemy team. As in, enemy has 4 health, he deals 10 damage, the rest of the enemy team would take 6.

But the video also shows his powers to be cheap and I think word from Discord is that the numbers (power cost and damage values) aren't final (my guess is that it was a test build designed to make him easy to use for the few seconds of the video).
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I think the 7ap is for testing... which is why all of them are 7. Expect it will be different.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Gambit was the most broken character in the 5 year history of Marvel Puzzle Quest. Hopefully Cable is better than Gambit and is balanced, fun, and not a cancerous tumor in the 5-star tier.
    If he were, it would be more of a techno-organic tumor than cancer. ;-p
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Dormammu said:
    Gambit was the most broken character in the 5 year history of Marvel Puzzle Quest. Hopefully Cable is better than Gambit and is balanced, fun, and not a cancerous tumor in the 5-star tier.
    This kind of thinking is what's problem with this forum...  I just joined a new alliance and i almost vomited to see so many champed Gambit but no champed Okoye & 5Thor...  Basically they wasted all their energy trying to champ Gambit and then they nerfs him.  Good thing this alliance is still top50, probably due to hard work. 

Literally I'm the only one in my alliance with champed Okoye.  I saw another Okoye with full covers, but still lvl3xx
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    nippy said:
    I just joined a new alliance and i almost vomited to see so many champed Gambit but no champed Okoye & 5Thor... 

Literally I'm the only one in my alliance with champed Okoye.  I saw another Okoye with full covers, but still lvl3xx
    I agree, more people should just champ Okoye and Thor. What's wrong with people?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    nippy said:
    I just joined a new alliance and i almost vomited to see so many champed Gambit but no champed Okoye & 5Thor... 

I agree, more people should just champ Okoye and Thor. What's wrong with people?
    Hatred and fear of spears. It is more common than you would expect. And obviously Thor used to talk a bit like a Shakespeare character. Spears.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I agree, more people should just champ Okoye
    Some of us are too busy taking Wasp covers up the tinykitty.
  • Rockwell75
    DAZ0273 said:
    I agree, more people should just champ Okoye
    Some of us are too busy taking Wasp covers up the tinykitty.
    I was gonna say that must sting but given how weak she is, probably not.
    Cue sad trombone.
  • Rockwell75
    Wasp betting buffed would be the best anniversary present ever.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will cable be the next gambit

Not sure how you can suggest that a character we know nothing about will or won't be better or worse than any character.  Popularity doesn't typically have any direct baring on skill set.
  • Rockwell75
    Popularity doesn't typically have any direct baring on skill set.
    No but timing might.  From a marketing perspective now would be a great time to release a monster of a 5* character (who is popular to boot) in order to drive digital day spending.  It's speculation for sure but I don't think it's that wild.  Gambit was released this time last year to precisely that effect. 
  • broll
    No but timing might.  From a marketing perspective now would be a great time to release a monster of a 5* character (who is popular to boot) in order to drive digital day spending.  It's speculation for sure but I don't think it's that wild.  Gambit was released this time last year to precisely that effect. 
    Interesting theory.  Without that background it sounded like wild baseless speculation.  That's actually a reasonable reason to suspect that.  You should have led with that  ;)

Time will tell.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Thor too. DD, Gambit, Thor was a murderer's row of releases. Archangel replaced DD by the time Digital Day came, but maybe AA would have been much stronger if they weren't so focused on trying to counter Gambit.
  • broll
    Dino was nerfed also.  So 100% of anniversary released 4* & 5* characters have been nerfed........

Happy Anniversary?