Worth using stash on Fan Favorites ?

2»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Richyyy said:
    smkspy said:
    I agree with OML, but kinda disagree with 5strange. For a 2 or 3 star roster, they've already got 3strange which vastly superior just because he can actually be build up.
    But people playing at a lower tier may well not realise that. They could just think "My 3* Strange is pretty damn useful. Imagine how good a 5* Strange must be!"
    Something like Okoye/Thor/JJ or Okoye/Thor/Thanos would've been a hell of a lot more useful for anyone wanting to make the leap to the 5* tier, though.
    True, both OML and 5strangenreally seem based on new players realizing that they're really not that great and They only appear to be.

Blah...double negative.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    But people playing at a lower tier may well not realise that. They could just think "My 3* Strange is pretty damn useful. Imagine how good a 5* Strange must be!"
    Frankly I'm still thinking that. Mine's stuck at 9 covers =(
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    While the fan favorites isn't a terrible offering, I agree with the majority... for your first 5s, considering the power curve,  I'd wait for Cable (Loki/Kitty).  I'd go 1 step further and wait until Loki is about to leave so you can preview the next 5-star (Loki is the weakest of the 3 imho).  Neither OML or Strange will help in PvP, once you make that quantum leap you may regret not having more fire power.  On the other hand, if you don't play PvP, fan favorites may be more attractive.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross said:
    Neither OML or Strange will help in PvP, once you make that quantum leap you may regret not having more fire power.  On the other hand, if you don't play PvP, fan favorites may be more attractive.
    That's honestly the main consideration with 5*s.
    Damn near every 5* till help you in PvE through match power alone. CL7 becomes a breeze with any 5*, though Thanos is a pretty good second or third choice to speed things up further.

PvP though requires the top tier...and OML and Strange are certainly not that. They're free points.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Hendross said:
    While the fan favorites isn't a terrible offering, I agree with the majority... for your first 5s, considering the power curve,  I'd wait for Cable (Loki/Kitty).  I'd go 1 step further and wait until Loki is about to leave so you can preview the next 5-star (Loki is the weakest of the 3 imho).  Neither OML or Strange will help in PvP, once you make that quantum leap you may regret not having more fire power.  On the other hand, if you don't play PvP, fan favorites may be more attractive.
    @Hendross

Well said.

I am hoarding for Cable.  My LTs will wait until Cable hits LTs.  Might even wait until Loki leaves if the next 5 is better.  I have a Loki.  I am not a 5* player.  So I don't NEED Loki.

As for CP, kind of the same thing.  If the Cable release store has 2 other solid 5s, then I might drop my CP hoard then.  Love to see a powerful 5 in there with Cable.  Might get a good store given it is part of the anniversary celebration.  If not, i'll wait til he hits LTs and/or Loki leaves.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    I pulled my 13th Doc Strange cover today from this vault: was at 5-2-5, and this vault was the best chance I'd had to finish him off. I'm ecstatic.

I also drew two OML covers from this vault, now at 5-3-4. & my X-Force Wolvie is at l299 with l300 coming as a daily reward in 5 days. That'll give me the 13th cover for OML, making him 5-4-4, and I'll finally be able champ him too. That'll make six 5* champs!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Other than tokens rewarded specifically for this store, I did not spend any more resources on it. Already have the 3 champed. I pulled one of each. I’m good with it. My 4*s pulled were more helpful towards roster building. Got a couple Dazzler and Nebula covers that made pulls worth it.