Sale before anniversary?

Carnifexx
Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
OK, I’m getting old, but don’t we usually have a HP sale before anniversary? I think I always remember that I wish I’d had bought more. 

Comments

• NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    With the frequency that they're releasing packs, I also expect there to be some pretty sweet bundles during Anni week. Make it happen, people!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope they give 50% discount off all roster slots cost for the 5th anniversary.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The patch notes in the various App stores says:

MPQ R162:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest 5th Anniversary!
    Featuring:
    - New Anniversary Events!
    - Special sales and Giveaways!
    Various improvements and character balance changes. 
    For full update notes (English) visit d3go.com. 
    Thank you for playing for 5 years!

So hopefully? I would guess there's a sale starting next week, running like Monday-Thursday or something, since they always seem to do these sales just before Anniversary.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    How much of each type of currency do you think we'll need? I'll have stocked up around 500k ISO, 5500 HP and probably 60 or so CP before it begins, I'd imagine (if I stop spending them!). Also got a number of max champs to sell if desperate...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scofie said:
    How much of each type of currency do you think we'll need? I'll have stocked up around 500k ISO, 5500 HP and probably 60 or so CP before it begins, I'd imagine (if I stop spending them!). Also got a number of max champs to sell if desperate...
    realistically you will need more hp.  probably 20,000hp.

The vaults should be pretty good.  Most people will buy out the 40 item vault, an spend decently in the bigger item vaults.

the 40item vaults probably gonna be around 3-4k hp.  So you can afford that as is.  but there will be more offers, and its nice to have enough shields to play the week aggresively for token prizes etc..

Personally,  I expect that I will spend hp on a h4h bundle( I'm sure something will be affordable), the 40 item vault, and some target spending in the bigger vaults.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the insight. I very rarely shield so I'm more interested in the vaults really. I can probably get more HP by champing 2* with saved covers and using CP in Classic Legends. Everyone is covered apart from Kitty and I've all 4* except five plus Howard champed so I guess it's just a question of what's there and is it worth it to my roster. 

I wondered if they might have a CP or Iso8 vault too as a curveball....
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:

MPQ R162:
    Featuring:
    Various improvements and character balance changes
    Image result for Oh really meme
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc said:

MPQ R162:
    Featuring:
    Various improvements and character balance changes
    Image result for Oh really meme
    Unfortunately that's a standard line, because it includes little things. Like, Vulture's blue generates AP for tiles destroyed, and it was broken recently, and they fixed it in R161. That counts as a "character balance change" for the patch notes, and so almost every patch mentions character balance changes due to the tiny tweaks and fixes like that. In other words, it's not a guarantee of a character rebalance and System Reboot and the like that we get so excited for.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I am certain that I will have enough HP to buy out a 40 item vault, which I expect there to be. Will we see any new characters launched for the Anniversary? I am interested to see what's going to happen. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    There is already a Devil Dino in the HfH store, is that usual? I didn't think limited edition characters are available there... then again this is my first anniversary celebration, so I wouldn't know.
    It's set to go live in about 4 days or so, does anyone know if it will be for hp or cp?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4★ are always purchased using HP in H4H unless they are bundled with Master Support tokens.
  • JHawkInc
    There is already a Devil Dino in the HfH store, is that usual? I didn't think limited edition characters are available there... then again this is my first anniversary celebration, so I wouldn't know.
    It's set to go live in about 4 days or so, does anyone know if it will be for hp or cp?
    As already mentioned, it'll be an HP bundle.

It IS normal to see Devil Dino, but that's because it's Anniversary time. Limited characters only appear in certain places (Yelena and Bag-Man in PVP, Howard in Duck Season or Webbed Wonder, and Devil Dino appears during Anniversary, and in the Shield Resupply for each player's personal anniversary). Devil Dino shows up in Heroes For Hire because he's next up for Crash of the Titans (and sometimes they've run his Crash twice in a row), breaking the normal rotation because it's Anniversary.

If you check the Sneak Peek thread, the America Chavez PVP that starts Oct 2nd features Devil Dino in placement rewards. This is a solid indicator that Devil Dino's PVP will be the next even (featuring Devil Dino in progression), and that Devil Dino's PVP will be the first one to kick off this Anniversary PVP Season.

And odds are Devil Dino will appear in an Anniversary vault, and may be featured in PVE as well (I wouldn't be surprised, but can't remember if they've done that in the past or not, and I'm too lazy to check, haha).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    4★ are always purchased using HP in H4H unless they are bundled with Master Support tokens.
    Its Devil Dino. He's guaranteed to be something stupid like 250cp. Haha
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    JHawkInc said:

Thank you!!

I know Devil Dino is a limited character, that was why I wasn't sure whether all the same rules applied or not.

I did see the sneak peek thread, but as my roster isn't strong enough yet to get anything out of pvp, let alone a placement, that remains beyond my reach.

I do hope they feature him in pve though. I would actually have a shot then.

Thank you again for all the info. Very much appreciated!!

P.S.: I've only ever had a chance at Webbed Wonder... what's Duck Season? (pve? pvp? thanksgiving event? :p )
  • JHawkInc
    edited September 2018
    Duck Season was the initial release of Howard. Not much different than a normal release (release PVE with the new character as placement, then a featured PVE with the new character in progression, then release PVP with the new character as placement, then a featured PVP with the new character in progression), except Webbed Wonder was a new event, which guaranteed a Howard cover, and he was in the Taco Vaults during that stretch, and had his own Crash of the Titans (which you could win with one cover if you had his purple/invisibility power). So slightly more than a normal new character release (this was in the days before Shield Training was a thing).

You know how we recently had events that had the "Ant-Man & The Wasp" banner across them? Like that, but they said "Duck Season." Since then, Howard has generally only been available via Webbed Wonder, but they started running that more often as a "regular" event, which is nice. EDIT: Oh, and it was announced and run at the start of April that year, so it was more or less an April Fools event. (they should totally add White Rabbit as another Limited character and then run back to back "Duck Season" and "Rabbit Season" events....)
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    HP “bonus 30%” on purchase is live for me now. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We know we've been a bit quiet about the Anniversary, but we'll have much more information to share early next week, so keep an eye out!

Thanks for being so patient :)

Right.
    Why bother with communication, when players can just find out in game that a sale is live?
    All that extra info will only trouble them.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scofie said:
    Thanks for the insight. I very rarely shield so I'm more interested in the vaults really. I can probably get more HP by champing 2* with saved covers and using CP in Classic Legends. Everyone is covered apart from Kitty and I've all 4* except five plus Howard champed so I guess it's just a question of what's there and is it worth it to my roster. 

I wondered if they might have a CP or Iso8 vault too as a curveball....
    There should be a Fan Favorites vault if you want to spend your cp there on popular 4* and 5* characters for 25 cp but I'd rather spend my cp on classics to get Dazzler covered and champed as soon as I can.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We know we've been a bit quiet about the Anniversary, but we'll have much more information to share early next week, so keep an eye out!

Thanks for being so patient :)
    Thanx Brigby I already bought my google play gift card in anticipation of the shenanigans to come  B)