uhm, where is the season?

Options
2»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is just so boring right now.  Heck could of had SIM without tying it to a season score. Just something more.  Makes it easier to put the game down for a long time.  
    Or roll out The Gauntlet in the interregnum...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me I find the lack of communication re the anniversary quite annoying 

I suspect that to be the reason some of my alliance have not played for a few days 

a lot of them play just pvp so the odd vs coupled with almost 2 weeks of dark avengers has had a negative impact on gameplay 

lets hope there is something awesome on the way and not just for the elite 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've played MPQ prior to alliances and seasons, and I've always felt it disrespectful to the fanbase that d3 never lays out when the next season would start. Also, aside from Gambit's de-powering, the season change announcements also get held off until the last minute.

After many seasons, forumites assume (pretty accurately) when the next season will happen, but I'd really like -after this anniversary- if MPQ would make the upcoming season's announcements no later than the Monday following the previous season's close. The format's remained the same for years, and it seems planned out long in advance, so there's not a need for the radio silence.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:
    They did an Infinity Season prior to an Anniversary way back when (two years ago, I think). It was a shorter season. And I agree we had just enough time to fit one in between the last season and Anniversary. No idea why we didn't get one. I don't think it has anything to do with the supports because the short season would have had unique rewards anyways, so it's not like they were "at risk" of giving away an Infinity Stone too easily.
    But that’s my point. Even if we didn’t get a short Time Stone Season, any season rewards would be too easy to get. Someone could join the last day and grind 34 (or whatever number they decide) wins in Sim to get maximum progression, rank high in a new bracket and get more rewards than those who joined from the first event.

With a 10 event season, it’s commonly accepted that we get more rewards if we join early and play as many events as possible. In a shortened season, it’s the opposite (at least that’s what I’ve observed from the previous short seasons).
    Yup, I agree that for shortened seasons, rewards are easier to get. Personally, I've hit the season 15CP on all occasions during which a shortened season was run. In contrast, I've only gotten the 15CP in a regular 10k point season exactly once. That's because I couldn't, and can't, be bothered to grind every PvP till at least 800, coupled with at least 2000 points in SHIELD Sim. For the most part, I agree that rewards should tally with the amount of time and resources invested. Shorter seasons subvert that somewhat; the same rewards for essentially half the effort, if not less.

But is that really so wrong, every once in a long while? It's not as if short seasons occur every month. I don't see anything wrong with having a short season once, at most twice, a year, so that more casual players can get the same rewards that hardcore veterans do. I know D3 wants us to play the game the way they want us to, and I know D3 is rather stingy with their rewards (the recent Red Iso increase doesn't count. No one cares about Supports). Having them loosen the pursestrings every once in a while would be great for player goodwill.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BlackBoltRocks said:

Having them loosen the pursestrings every once in a while would be great for player goodwill.
    While i am holding out hope for the anniversary to bring something good, i have all but given up on them doing much for player goodwill.  See the latest evidence of the daily rewards "overhaul."

I've played MPQ prior to alliances and seasons, and I've always felt it disrespectful to the fanbase that d3 never lays out when the next season would start. Also, aside from Gambit's de-powering, the season change announcements also get held off until the last minute.

After many seasons, forumites assume (pretty accurately) when the next season will happen, but I'd really like -after this anniversary- if MPQ would make the upcoming season's announcements no later than the Monday following the previous season's close. The format's remained the same for years, and it seems planned out long in advance, so there's not a need for the radio silence.
    Another great example of the lack of goodwill.  They have this information.  We assume this information typically pretty accurately. It costs them *nothing* to confirm the info and fill any blanks on a more regular basis, but do not. 

It's seems to be the opposite, that it goes live before even having a post, plus not even mentioned in game.
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    OJSP said:
    wymtime said:
    Having the anniversary start on Oct 4 makes me wonder why we didn’t get a min season.  They have run a 2 week season before anniversary in the past.  
    We haven’t done the Time Stone Season yet. The theory is they don’t want to reward it during a short season. Not sure why they didn’t arrange a separately themed short season instead. Too much easy rewards, I suppose.
    They did an Infinity Season prior to an Anniversary way back when (two years ago, I think). It was a shorter season. And I agree we had just enough time to fit one in between the last season and Anniversary. No idea why we didn't get one. I don't think it has anything to do with the supports because the short season would have had unique rewards anyways, so it's not like they were "at risk" of giving away an Infinity Stone too easily.
    They did a short season last year too.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just don't see why they can't run other events in the off season. Do a Shield Sim without a reward structure but with double iso and/or a higher chance of getting 2s. Run the gauntlet. Run lightning rounds the entire off season. It's not difficult.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options

... No one cares about Supports). ...

You will, once you get some good ones at decent levels. In time. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RickOShay said:

... No one cares about Supports). ...

You will, once you get some good ones at decent levels. In time. 
    Yea I was being snarky. I’m enjoying using my 4* Avengers Tower with Shuri. I just wish there was a use for my 4* Proxima Midnight, since I almost never use Carnage or Red Hulk.

If you aren't using Quantum Realm on her, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive are alright on Ghost. The big thing is that her damage buff will multiply the damage bonus from the support, but the small chance of some AP she can use is a minor benefit as well.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just want a new season so the packs update and I can BH Nebula and Dazzler
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I miss when there were places you could go and read spoilers. When the dataminers still played and cared we had great communication. All of them I knew of dried up.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I just want a new season so the packs update and I can BH Nebula and Dazzler
    Yeah, I wanna work on my Dazzler too. Going nuts over here.
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Agreed. I’m trying to get motivated to start the Carol pvp and not finding the love. In addition, I’m bothered by the potential ten packs, latest tokens and covers we’ll be missing out on. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A short Marvel Rising season would have fitted in nicely.

At first I enjoyed the extended off season - while my play hasn't changed much at all, it felt like there was less pressure on me. 

Now, I'm a bit bored. 
  • celtickliq
    celtickliq Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there any word on the Gambit buff?

I bet the team is prepping for NYCC so they are getting ready with that. I assume they want the new season / anni info to coincide with that event.

NYCC also means it’s time for GRA to win all those raffle prizes. So weird how D3 let’s a guy have 50 tickets for that. 

I am concerned but I think I optimistic. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any word on the Gambit buff?

No?  Gambit has been nerfed and won’t ever be touched again.  Look at poor OML.  
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hate to say it, but i miss the gauntlet.  What, has it been like 2 years?