uhm, where is the season?

Hi there, 

sorry for that dumb question... just entered the forum 1st time for months now. I wonder where our season is. I finished last season quite nice, then we had BoP and Marvel Women blabla. . now Kamala Khan and I wonder why there is no new season? 

You got any news for me? I read over the topics and found nothing... 

Thx

Susie

Comments

• SusieMarvelfamily
    SusieMarvelfamily Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    wow, thank you!  :)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    The real question is when will the anniversary start?  Thick as thieves  is up and does not have the anniversary banner on it.  The buff list for 4* this week looks like an anniversary buff, but nothing has been announced by the dev’s.  
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably October 4th. We always get new PVE and PVP on Thursdays, that's a good time to kick of both a new PVE event and an Anniversary Season. And with the Anniversary itself on the 3rd, that's right in line for when most of the other Anniversary events have started. We'll get one more non-Anniversary PVE event after Thick as Thieves, and we'll go through the PVPs from the Sneak Preview thread, the one after America would theoretically be the first one of Anniversary.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It will probably start next Thursday Oct. 4th. Which will actually be a new 4* release date anyway, so they will probably make it coincide with the Anniversary.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to go too far sideways on this thread, but have to agree with the above that in-game communication is atrocious.  I shouldn't have to go to the forums to find out what is going on with this game.  Most mobile games have some kind of mail delivery that this one does not and that, I believe, is part of why communication is so poor.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just one more week. Meanwhile my Dazzler grows impatient as my cp and legendaries continue to stockpile. 
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    that in-game communication is atrocious
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Not to go too far sideways on this thread, but have to agree with the above that in-game communication is atrocious.  I shouldn't have to go to the forums to find out what is going on with this game.  Most mobile games have some kind of mail delivery that this one does not and that, I believe, is part of why communication is so poor.
    I've dabbled in other mobile games, and i cant agree more.  In game mail, that has a noticiable notification icon, of most every little thing and update.

Most threads on updates and topics always mention "hey, this should have an in game notice" before it pops up in game.  Imo, it should be the other way around.

I get that it is a business decision, to keep the cards close to the vest.  I just disagree with that decision.
  • JHawkInc
    I started playing Contest of Champions solely to earn Marvel Insider points so I could get the HP reward for Marvel Puzzle Quest, and the in-game mail system might be one of the best features from that game that MPQ could use. And when there's a new event or something, the mail ends with "check out our forums for more info."

That would be a solid upgrade. Both for the flow of information, and for the smaller benefits (like, being able to ignore that you have mail so you can get to your PVE clears/grind, and then come back later, so you still see the message announcing the new animated Miles Morales movie, and don't have to dismiss it in a rush so you can play the game).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Probably October 4th. We always get new PVE and PVP on Thursdays, that's a good time to kick of both a new PVE event and an Anniversary Season. And with the Anniversary itself on the 3rd, that's right in line for when most of the other Anniversary events have started. We'll get one more non-Anniversary PVE event after Thick as Thieves, and we'll go through the PVPs from the Sneak Preview thread, the one after America would theoretically be the first one of Anniversary.
    Having the anniversary start on Oct 4 makes me wonder why we didn’t get a min season.  They have run a 2 week season before anniversary in the past.  

Overall it it would just be nice to actually get some communication on when the anniversary celebration is going to start even if we don’t get any details till later.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I do think improved in-game news and notifications would be welcome, we haven't even gotten any information in the forums. One brief reference to the anniversary as an aside tucked into an unrelated post doesn't count for much, especially since we know it's upcoming simply by virtue of what an anniversary is. I don't expect to have every detail outlined for us already, but to be a week away with no official acknowledgment or even a start date doesn't properly attend to or stoke your playerbase's excitement.
  • JHawkInc
    OJSP said:
    wymtime said:
    Having the anniversary start on Oct 4 makes me wonder why we didn’t get a min season.  They have run a 2 week season before anniversary in the past.  
    We haven’t done the Time Stone Season yet. The theory is they don’t want to reward it during a short season. Not sure why they didn’t arrange a separately themed short season instead. Too much easy rewards, I suppose.
    They did an Infinity Season prior to an Anniversary way back when (two years ago, I think). It was a shorter season. And I agree we had just enough time to fit one in between the last season and Anniversary. No idea why we didn't get one. I don't think it has anything to do with the supports because the short season would have had unique rewards anyways, so it's not like they were "at risk" of giving away an Infinity Stone too easily.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably they want to try out something different? it's only 1 week away from the the 5th anniversary. Let's savour the element of surprise for just another week.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just so boring right now.  Heck could of had SIM without tying it to a season score. Just something more.  Makes it easier to put the game down for a long time.  
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    While I do think improved in-game news and notifications would be welcome, we haven't even gotten any information in the forums. One brief reference to the anniversary as an aside tucked into an unrelated post doesn't count for much, especially since we know it's upcoming simply by virtue of what an anniversary is. I don't expect to have every detail outlined for us already, but to be a week away with no official acknowledgment or even a start date doesn't properly attend to or stoke your playerbase's excitement.
    Lots of people already holding back purchases and resources in preparation for the anniversary. If stoke players that are unaware of it, they'll lose even more sales as more people hold off. 
  • mega ghost
    Qubort said:
    Lots of people already holding back purchases and resources in preparation for the anniversary. If stoke players that are unaware of it, they'll lose even more sales as more people hold off. 
    Well, no. By the very nature of an anniversary, we know it's coming and we know its date. They're not trying to withhold the idea that there will be an anniversary celebration, it happens every year, they referenced it in the forums, and they referenced it in the R162 update notes (which every single player could see when accepting the update.) Typically what they have done in the past prior to big events in which they want players to spend their money is: 1) run an event or offer beforehand that's tempting enough to drain people of their resources, 2) have a sale on HP and ISO prior to the big event, and 3) offer a variety of worthwhile stores and vaults during the big event with more-liberal-than-normal rewards to encourage people to keep buying.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Yes we the forum regulars know anniversary is nigh upon us. 

My point was to address people not on the forums that play the game. Players get used to patterns season ends get 2 events new season starts up. People unaware of the forums or the anniversary are likely scratching their head right now wondering where the season is at.

I'm not asking for any details. I'm suggesting the actual game could have a news section for news. A message of "we will be having an extended off season in preparation for the upcoming anniversary" would be all that's needed.

Edit: this reads a little aggressive toward you mega ghost. That was not my intent.
  • mega ghost
    tiomono said:
    Yes we the forum regulars know anniversary is nigh upon us. 

My point was to address people not on the forums that play the game. Players get used to patterns season ends get 2 events new season starts up. People unaware of the forums or the anniversary are likely scratching their head right now wondering where the season is at.

I'm not asking for any details. I'm suggesting the actual game could have a news section for news. A message of "we will be having an extended off season in preparation for the upcoming anniversary" would be all that's needed.

Edit: this reads a little aggressive toward you mega ghost. That was not my intent.
    RE: "this reads a little aggressive toward you mega ghost. That was not my intent." I honestly didn't read it as aggressive, so no worries!

I also agree with all of your points. I think I did a poor job of phrasing my first sentence so I could segue into a related issue, I didn't mean for it to read as a counterpoint. Rather than "While I do think improved in-game news and notifications would be welcome, we haven't even gotten any information in the forums" it should read as something more like "I agree, improved in-game news and notifications would be welcome, and while we're on the topic of improved communication, we haven't even gotten any information about this in the forums!"