About a new 1* or 2* character (Random Thoughts)

2»

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    It just pops up in my mind.
    I wonder if the devs are working on a new 1* /2* character.

I mean, it's quite weird since there are only 4*/5* character releases.
    I think there should be a new 1*/2* character.

What do you guys think? Comment below

I think just posting things that 'pop into your mind' is a waste of everyone's time if you don't even analyse why it doesn't happen.

Adding 1 and 2 star characters has no benefits. The people playing in 1 and 2 star land have limited roster slots, which you are stretching, and take enough time to develop a strong playable team without dilution.

The tiers are small so that they will pass by quickly and you can start building your 3* team around your roster of well developed 2*s.

It's also why they have rarely added 3*s, because you are supposed to get through that tier in a finite time to get to the growing 4 and 5 star tiers.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d mark out for a triple release when season 3 drops!

1* Daredevil (Yellow)
    2* Daredevil (Black Suit)
    4* Daredevil (Shadowland)

(The 1*,  3*, and 4* would be comic versions while the 2* and 5* would be Netflix versions). 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Unless changes to DDPQ are in the works, I'd like a new 2 just to change things up.  Make it a good one like when Strange and Thanos were added as 3's.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a trio of 2* Guardians would be fun (both as characters and feeders), but it doesn’t make sense to do that unless Guardians 3 is being released.  Otherwise, I wouldn’t mind a new 2* here and there, but I’m not holding my breath.  After making Yelena limited, I think they’re deliberately limiting the number of 1*’s...which seems a reasonable design decision, honestly.

What I do want to see is a new P/R/Y 3*.  I suspect a lot of people are “stuck”
    in the 3* tier with how slow the 4* transition would be for casual players, so the 3* tier should at least cover all color combinations among its characters.  I, personally, liked the  5*/3* dual releases, but as they haven’t done this since Daredevil I suspect that there’s some reason in the metrics that they don’t want to do this...

Now back to your our regularly scheduled 4/4/5 releases....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Eddiemon said:
    It just pops up in my mind.
    I wonder if the devs are working on a new 1* /2* character.

I mean, it's quite weird since there are only 4*/5* character releases.
    I think there should be a new 1*/2* character.

What do you guys think? Comment below

I think just posting things that 'pop into your mind' is a waste of  everyone's time if you don't even analyse why it doesn't happen.

Completely disagree here. The decision not make new 1 and 2 stars reveals a fallacy in the dev's approach to the game when taking into account all the past two year changes to make the more accessible to the new players.

Yes, the 1 star is quickly surpassed and the 2 star tier is easily conquered...though I'd would state that the vast majority of us selectively played those tiers while building 3 star characters and the few 4s that we managed to nab.

Rostering every 2 star was absolutely not a thing until the 2 star farm started.

Even then, I started early year 2 and the game already had the 3 star daily deadpool. That was (still is) a great move in roster progression, but that was 4 years ago when 4 stars numbered about the same as 5 stars today.

Wrapping it up, keeping new players is vital to the games health, but keeping them also means adjusting to the current state of the game's basic norms. 70 four stars and massive dilution is the anti-thesis of doing exactly that.