Crash of Titans help : Valkyrie v Rogue

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is fully covered and I made short work of rogue. I thought it would have been harder, but it wasn't bad. Red still does some good damage. Just keep her away from green. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Obviously you can’t expect all fights to be even but this one is quite tough 

if rogue gets green then you are going to lose as you can’t match red and rogue picks you off with her red and finishes you off with a siphon 

had to bring in plus 2 red and plus 2 all colours to beat her 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    If you can get red, this match should be over, but racing to 11 red against Rogue's 5 green is a tough ask.
    One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is using a support to boost match damage in a color other than red eg Dora Milaje boosts black so red isn't the color that Rogue shuts down. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018

if rogue gets green then you are going to lose as you can’t match red and rogue picks you off with her red and finishes you off with a siphon 

Rogue got my LVL 277 Valkyrie the first time I tried, as she got her green early.  I did take her out the second time around.  She activated her Power Siphon when I was at 9 red, so I was rather peeved and thought I'd go down again.

There is a neat little trick you can use to get those last few red AP that you need, though.  While you can't get red from matches, you *can* get red AP from random tiles that are in rows/columns that you make a match 4/5 in of a different color.  One match-4 row gave me red AP #10, and a match-4 of Team Ups gave me Red AP #11.  Dragonfang Fury took her down, and I got a champ level Nico cover for my troubles.

Yeah, this is a tough one between Rogue's damage reduction and her draining the AP for your only active power.
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    If you can get red, this match should be over, but racing to 11 red against Rogue's 5 green is a tough ask.
    One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is using a support to boost match damage in a color other than red eg Dora Milaje boosts black so red isn't the color that Rogue shuts down. 
    Dora is Black Panther affiliation exclusive.   :(
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I was able to clear this simply using 100% match boosts, nothing else.  My Valk is 195 3/5/5 and I didn't struggle at all with the matchup and beat it on first attempt.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mentioned using the all color match boost, which did help to set off Val's black. It helped even after Rogue had used siphon against me ircc.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    It's so hard.
    Especially when Rogue targets Red AP with 5 Green AP

Believe me, every time Rogue makes a Green match, it feels like 1 step closer to instant DEATH.

Rogue is a really good character in game with AP denial and damage reduction, so losing is not a problem with me.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Do not undervalue valks yellow at 5 covers. The extra match damage on any color rogue has less than 8 in helps to trigger bounty. Which gets your red faster.

Edit for numbers: my valkyrie is 275. Her yellow at 5 covers does an additional 340 damage on any color you match that rogue has less than 8 in. That pretty much guarantees you get bounty to go off within the 5 turns. You only need one red then it's pretty easy to finish up with match damage. That's slightly better damage than being able to make 2 red matches in one turn. It seems like a lot of the newer 4's are getting boosts to match damage in one way or another.
    Huh, I never read Val's power descriptions carefully enough to notice the 'extra damage' part of her yellow! That explains the occasional unexpected damage numbers I saw :lol:
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    It was pointed out on Reddit that some supports can effect match damage... one person equipped the Wasp Gauntlets and Red was no longer their strongest color and the crash became much easier. Might be worth a shot for those having trouble with an underleveled Valk.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    SymmeTrey said:
    It was pointed out on Reddit that some supports can effect match damage... one person equipped the Wasp Gauntlets and Red was no longer their strongest color and the crash became much easier. Might be worth a shot for those having trouble with an underleveled Valk.
    I was planning on giving her Quad Blasters for that very reason...and because the image of her using quad blasters before drawing a sword for the finisher seemed cool.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    SymmeTrey said:
    I was planning on giving her Quad Blasters for that very reason...and because the image of her using quad blasters before drawing a sword for the finisher seemed cool.
    I did equip the Wasp support but it didn't raise my blue match damage enough to supplant my red as highest. And that 2 hour can't change rule is a real pain when that happens. The Element Guns at rank 2 would work though, raising yellow (a strong color for Valk). (my earlier suggestion didn't work).
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I didn’t have a support I could use to boost any colours above red. My best option was Chimichanga which gave me a (slight) chance at bonus red AP. Throw in some red boosts and I was able to make it by the skin of my teeth. I was incredibly lucky to cascade into red the turn before Rogue used gloves off and it was just enough. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I brought 

5x All AP Match Damage Boosts
    5x Green/Black Match Damage Boosts
    5x Red/Yellow Match Damage Boosts

Very tricky match. Being on her lonesome made her yellow passive a lot less annoying to deal with, but denying her her strongest ability required you to match a color that was useless to you, and did horrible match damage for Valkryie. I got a green-heavy board (of course) so when she inevitably got a "Gloves Off" on me, I had to rely on Valkyrie's passive to generate red since I couldn't get any by matching. But you still had to match it, or you got Power Siphoned. The damage boosts helped me still activate the AP generation, and I once I used Valk's red it did way more damage than I expected. Really surprised I got this one on the first try. Only had like 3K health left, but a win's a win lol. 
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My 3-2-3 level 168 Valkyrie hadn't come close to a win. Then I saw the note about the "expired" Valkyrie boost (thanks!), did "Boost More" up to 100% and won on my next try.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Level 152 1/4/3 Valkyrie is very nervous for this fight.

A 1-cover Dragonfang doesn't hit very hard at all.
    That's exactly my Valkyrie's cover distribution (level 172 though). I was amazed to win this one on my first try - I went in with +100% Valkyrie boost, , + damage boost, and due to some great luck with a green-starved board, Rogue never managed to fire her green even once (She stayed at 4 green for the second half of the game).

My reward was a blue Iron Fist - I'll get around to champing him some day, but for now it goes to the saved covers pile.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Full suite of Valkyrie boost, all match damage boost, red and yellow match damage boost and Wasp Gauntlet did the job.

I think everyone got a free Rank 2 Wasp Gauntlets. So, if you have trouble, then you can use this to help.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    PuceMoose said:
    My Level 152 1/4/3 Valkyrie is very nervous for this fight.

A 1-cover Dragonfang doesn't hit very hard at all.
    That's exactly my Valkyrie's cover distribution (level 172 though). I was amazed to win this one on my first try - I went in with +100% Valkyrie boost, , + damage boost, and due to some great luck with a green-starved board, Rogue never managed to fire her green even once (She stayed at 4 green for the second half of the game).

My reward was a blue Iron Fist - I'll get around to champing him some day, but for now it goes to the saved covers pile.
    Congrats, @PuceMoose ! Me too, actually.
    First try, just this morning.

Boosted +100% Valk, +50%Red/Yellow damage, +2 Red/Yellow AP.
    There was LOTS of green on the board, but I kept beating her to it. Rogue never fired any power.

My bounty kept feeding Red, allowing me to fire it (despite being so weak) three times.

LLT got me my 5th Medusa Yellow.

• Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    3/3/5, took in RY dam and ap boosts and took her down 3rd try, first was at 70, second 130, 3rd lvl 170. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    By a small miracle, my 2/3/1 level 131 Valkyrie took her down with boosts, around the 8th try