Ridiculous streak of Wasp covers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    so yesterday I decided to spend 200 CP and one LT. My Okoye was at 9 covers with 2 saved. My first 4 pulls, all Okoye covers. I thought the game was broken. Couldn't believe it. Was able to champ her. Has anyone else ever pulled 4 or more 5's in a row, let alone 5 of one cover?
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bigtone said:
    so yesterday I decided to spend 200 CP and one LT. My Okoye was at 9 covers with 2 saved. My first 4 pulls, all Okoye covers. I thought the game was broken. Couldn't believe it. Was able to champ her. Has anyone else ever pulled 4 or more 5's in a row, let alone 5 of one cover?
    Meanwhile I pulled my 11th straight Wasp this morning.  Congrats though.  It's nice to know that not everyone is taking it up the tinykitty by this game. 
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    Make that 12 straight Wasp covers.  I would trade them all for a single Okoye.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wasp (Hope van Dyne) is no good.
    I can definitely see the differences between Hope and Janet.

However, how did you manage to get SO MANY 5* covers? I have a serious problem with my roster right now. Please tell me what to do
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    However, how did you manage to get SO MANY 5* covers? I have a serious problem with my roster right now. Please tell me what to do
    About a month ago I set out on a mission to finish Okoye.  I pulled out all the stops-- max prog on all events, all PVPs to 1200 etx.  I even set my BHs to characters who were about to yield and LT.  I managed a significant amount of pulls-- and my 5* draw rate was pretty good...however the streak of Wasp covers has forced me into an existential crisis with respect to this game.  As nice as 5* pulls are I would have preferred 4s in this case as at least that would have bettered my chances as pulling Shuri and bringing me closer to the next Okoye champ reward.  The only saving grace to this whole situation for me would be if they gave Wasp a MUCH NEEDED buff.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Pulled my 13th Wasp today which max covered her and with Loki at 11 covers...11 weeks (? Up til the last week before Loki becomes a classic?) of hoarding now. Being a non-hoarder, this is gonna drive me crazy.
  • chris_nine_nin
    chris_nine_nin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Having exactly the same problem! I hoarded a load of covers and started pulling since Loki entered. Here's the breakdown of 5* I have got:

Loki - 22 covers
    Wasp - 28 covers
    Okoye - 12 covers

This seems ridiculously skewed towards wasp and to be honest I think the odds of pulling more desirable characters are lowered to increase spending etc.

Also in the same boat where I'd happily trade my spare 15 wasp covers for a final okoye. Either that or she should be buffed, but unlikely as everyone has her now and the trend seems to be to let all players chase one character until they reach critical mass and then nerf
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reading all this, I'm convinced there's a Wasp conspiracy.
    To be fair, the people most likely to enter a thread named "Ridiculous streak of Wasp covers" are the people who....are getting a ridiculous streak of Wasp covers.  Some lucky player who got a ridiculous string of Okoye characters will probably look at the title of the thread, mutter "Those poor souls" and continue to the next thread.

That being said, this is the can of worms that the Devs opened up by changing the RNG to help lessen the amount of enemy cascades.  They were open with that one, but now that it's known that the RNG can be tweaked for one thing, who is to say they're not mucking around with it for something else?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lets be honest, it benefits them to mess with the odds of how often you get the better characters. It makes you have to pull more and potentially spend more. I've certainly got Wasp covers quicker than any other 5*. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just to provide a different perspective, I currently have Loki champed at level 452 (so 15 covers pulled) and Wasp at a 4/2/2 build (so 8 covers in total). All of these covers have come from champ rewards and Latest Legends pulls, I have not pulled any covers from their release stores (not that I didn't try...).

I am fine with this arrangement though. I see no particular need to try to champ Wasp.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just pulled Wasp #8 from the LT from the Crash of the Titans.  It was my first black cover, so she's now 3/4/1.  At least now, she can heal.