Ridiculous streak of Wasp covers.

Options
Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
All I've wanted in this game for the past month is to finish my Okoye however she languishes at 12 while as of 10 minutes ago I've been cursed with 10-- yes 10-- straight Wasp covers.  She (Wasp) is champable now with one extra saved cover.  However I have no desire to champ her and won't invest any ISO unless and until they rework her into a more usable form.  Has anyone had the misfortune of a similar streak of covers for this character?  Getting a 5 to a champable level should not be a cause for despair.  I know RNG is a thing blah blah but this is depressing and is sapping what little motivation I have at the moment to slog through The Hulk.  Getting 5* covers is the only thing motivating me in this game at the moment and this is a hard pill to swallow.  Sorry for the rant I felt the need to vent a little.

Comments

• professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    :cry::cry::cry:

I weep with you (Where is the two tear emoji when you need one?) . Truly a sad tale and I couldn't agree more. If it's any consolation I saw that she is boosted when paired with Ant-Man in the upcoming Best Friends Forever PVP. Hmmm...that probably doesn't help. How about my 5/5/0 Wasp that I don't see getting to 13 covers without more than a few totally unwanted saved covers?

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    My wasp is at something like 464 or something silly, due to a similar streak.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wasn't on a streak quite so hot (or not) as that, but 6 of my last 9 latest pulls have been 5*s, and 3 of those were Wa5p (the last two 5* pulls being consecutive Wa5ps). I would prefer they have been Loki or Okoye as well, but as a 4* player I guess I'll take whatever shows up.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been getting a ton of wasp and loki covers myself.... I almost feel like okoye drops were reduced :(
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I can't stop pulling Okoye covers ((duck)) and I've already managed to get 10 champ levels on her. This is not to say I haven't pulled some Wasps... I have her at 2/4/2 already just from pulling-as-I-go lately.

But with the announcement of Kitty, my Wasp pulls just halted as I'll now be hoarding in an effort to nab her sometime after Loki leaves.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think they are trying to give 5Wasp away. Same thing happened to me. I have decided to stop pulling any more as it’s bound to be more useless wasp covers. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    fire sale on Wa5p....

I'm sure it's cognitive bias, but I always feel like I get a streak of the character who is near to leave latest right before they go out. That was noticed more when 4*s used to have Latest status, and i'd get the last 2-3 i needed to champ them like right before they were falling out though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I could use some more Okoye...
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuri gives Okoye. Don't sleep on her champ levels!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got an Okoye the other day so she's at 11 covers now, but I haven't had a bonus 5* in ages. Just really hoping that I pull an Okoye and get a bonus Okoye. But at the very least I want just one more before she goes, then I can rely on Shuri giving me a cover in 18 more covers =(
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I need Loki but I also keep pulling Wasp covers. She’s at 460, which is 10 more levels that I need her to be at. 
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    Shuri gives Okoye. Don't sleep on her champ levels!
    I haven't been.  I have Shuri at 303 and my only consolation in all this is that at the very least I'm only 17 more Shuri champ levels away from finishing Okoye.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Wasp is a 3/4/0...so I don't even have the healing ability!  Meanwhile, I've pulled one Okoye token since Wasp has gone into LT.  It's crazy.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/4/4 Wasp. Been begging for Okoye covers. 

At one point my Okoye was at 1/3/1
    Then Wasp hit latest. 

My Okye is now 1/4/1. 9 straight Wasp covers before an okoye. Oh and my Loki is 3/1/1. I’m just pulling for Okoye. 

But im gonna hold off for Kitty now. I’ll throw CP into getting her.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am 1 Okoye cover away from finishing her off and i keep getting Wasp and Loki covers.......
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    I am 1 Okoye cover away from finishing her off and i keep getting Wasp and Loki covers.......
    Same I've been at 12 covers for the past month...I would have thought getting a single cover in a month would have been easy.  10 Wasp covers later... :/
  • Dlanning
    Dlanning Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My last 5 5* pulls have also been wasp. I’ll keep pulling till okoye rotates out though. Okoye is 3/2/3 for now with all fingers crossed. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Luckily have my Okoye champed at 451, but was trying to get her to tank my 459 Thor.

Just pulled my 12th Wasp (3/5/4 with Antman at 307) with Loki at 11 covers already. I hadn't plan to hoard before O left, but really don't want to waste potential 5 star covers on Wasp.

This might end up being my first hoard that lasts longer than two weeks.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got an Okoye from an LT, putting her at 2/2/2.  She was my bonus hero, and I pulled a Loki (2/1/1 now) from it...but I'll take a non-Wasp cover!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    smkspy said:
    Luckily have my Okoye champed at 451, but was trying to get her to tank my 459 Thor.
    You need about 12 levels more than Thor for that.
    I know, unfortunately all those levels went towards wasp and loki, which pulling her feel rather pointless now.