The Hulk is a painful slog.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The most irritating thing about this event is how close the nodes are spaced together. I literally just selected the essential nodes six times by accident, trying to select the non-essential node :rolls eyes:
    I also had problems with this yesterday.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    While it is a bit repetitive I’ve actually been enjoying this event.  
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    The most irritating thing about this event is how close the nodes are spaced together. I literally just selected the essential nodes six times by accident, trying to select the non-essential node :rolls eyes:

This game does that far too often (Strange Sights, anyone?). It's literally the only thing Florida gets right in The Hunt - the nodes spread across the whole screen.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably do their testing on pcs with mice, vs actual phones or tablets.

Its just like when people proof read their own work.  They know where the nodes are supposed to be so they don't actually test the boundaries and they miss the little details.

and their usability testing is really just casual play on a phone / tablet

Hopefully the update to the mobile design,  encourages them to do more field device testing
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of "Hidden Stash", the nodes in the second half should be called "Hulk Stash!"
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

Same for me. It's incredibly frustrating when you're already pressed for time and keep hitting the wrong node since they're pretty much right on top of each other.
  • Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    All of these comments are precisely why I love 7 day events. If anything, I’m more engaged bc I know T5 placement is such a walk in the park. At the moment, I’m R1 imb. I want more 7 day events. I do like EoTS but all the wave nodes do make timing your grind a hassle. Other than that, bring it on lol. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of "Hidden Stash", the nodes in the second half should be called "Hulk Stash!"
    Winner.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I only started playing this game in about april (end of march?), so this is my first ever 7 day event. While i wouldn't want it every week, i am really happy for a little change of pace and a new story line to read. The rewards are a bit better too, for which i am graetful for.

I know this cant make everyone happy, but i dont really see much of a difference tbqh. Dark Avengers + goons. That is how it would be anyway, whether in one long event or two shorter ones.

I hope we get this and other 7day events (and even newer stuff) every now and again. Just to shake things up a bit. 
    So, thank you devs. :)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Okoye so not a slog for me, but even without her. It's just refreshing to have something different than the same 5-6 pves they've been running for the past two years.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
     :D LOL!! ^
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    This event really does drive home how annoying the Dark Avengers' small roster is.  If Osborn would just recruit a few more villains - even NPC characters that we can't collect - and sprinkle them into these nodes, that would be a help.  Wikipedia says there's a different Scarlet Witch on the Dark Avengers.  She'd do for a start.

Or you know, both 2* and 3* Daken are in these nodes.  How about the 3* Bullseye, just for variety?
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I think that this event came without that less cascades thing. Only today there were at least 7 ridiculous cascades that almost wiped my teams. And there were at least a few others on the other days.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:

Can we spend $30M in bad CGI to remove that mustache, or can we just have the actor shave it off?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of these comments are precisely why I love 7 day events. If anything, I’m more engaged bc I know T5 placement is such a walk in the park. At the moment, I’m R1 imb. I want more 7 day events. I do like EoTS but all the wave nodes do make timing your grind a hassle. Other than that, bring it on lol. 
    Actually, I love 7 day events and wave node events for those reasons. Stay focused in 7 day events because someone always slips up on their grind or they start to play more relaxed because they're burned out on the event and you just keep building a bigger cushion. And for events with wave nodes it's interesting to see who starts in the top 10 on sub 1 and who ends up in the top 10 after the last sub. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 days definitely are survival of the fittest. I think I started 10th at the end of day 1 and I've gradually moved up to 6th at the end of day 5. See where I am at the end of day 6 in a few hours. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Actually, I love 7 day events and wave node events for those reasons. Stay focused in 7 day events because someone always slips up on their grind or they start to play more relaxed because they're burned out on the event and you just keep building a bigger cushion. And for events with wave nodes it's interesting to see who starts in the top 10 on sub 1 and who ends up in the top 10 after the last sub. 
    Sorry, but if your metric for an event is how many people it burns out before the end, it's probably not a good event.  Maybe you can benefit because you have a higher tolerance for boring small cats, but that's not a positive reflection on the game design in any way.