The Hulk is a painful slog.

Comments

• Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I think it’s refreshing to fight different characters, such as the hulk. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prodigal Sun offers a wider variety of opponents. Hope they bring that back soon as well
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    As soon as I saw it pop up, it felt like I was getting a vacation from this game.

Now I’m bored and wondering which day I can start and still get that 4* prog reward?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    As soon as I saw it pop up, it felt like I was getting a vacation from this game.

Now I’m bored and wondering which day I can start and still get that 4* prog reward?
    In SCL9, I did 7 optimal (well, almost optimal) clears and had the Emma covers after 2 subs and 1 initial grind.  3 subs would do it for sure.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018

Something I've done a few times is join a bracket on the last day after a late flip.  If you start early enough (in SCL 9) and can let the subs recharge a few hours it's possible to get the 4* reward and the 10 CP with just the last day's points.  Mind you that's during a normal 4 day eventt-- maybe for a 7 you need the last 2 days.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I’m going to give that carol plus Thor a go I think , I have been using teen jean so that as soon as hulks anger triggers a match 5 he gets stunned 

the carol thing sounds more fun 
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Invisible Woman and 3* Cage are boosted so I’ve been running them.  Cage caps a significant amount of damage and Hulks anger creating green against IW typically doesn’t end well for the big guy.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Hulk with his cascades....
    I'm trying to make that entertaining by bringing along Carol and 5Thor.  Thor tanks green so every time Hulk matches green Carol's energy manipulation goes off, triggering anger and so on. 
    I'm using Bolt instead of 5Thor. My 3rd (when I get to choose like today final node) is Rogue. Once you get 5 green and fire Gloves Off poor Hulk can't even generate any Green AP from his Anger since Green is his stronger color. I did all my clears of that final Hulk node taking next to no damage since Rogue also jumps to the front on green matches :)

KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time this event ran, Okoye did not exist.  Running Okoye with Thor50 and either Strange or Chavez (depending on number of goons in the fight).  Easy peasy.  I'm actually clearing faster than I want to on final grind. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Yeah people def hate this event. I missed the 2nd and 3rd subs completely and am still holding on to T50. My slice didn't even flip until yesterday. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've all forgotten about ISO-8 Brotherhood, is what I'm taking away from this thread.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'm at over 1400 days now, so I think I can state with some authority that Juggernaut/Daken nodes are why people quit this game.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    We've all forgotten about ISO-8 Brotherhood, is what I'm taking away from this thread.

I absolutely have. What's that one like again?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:

It's the one where Magneto agrees to help Nick Fury because he doesn't want mutants being used by non-mutants, or something to that effect.  Another 7-day event with a lot of Dark Avengers everywhere.  The main difference from Hulk is that while the Hulk has the one-time node for a free 3* Hulk cover, each ISO-8 Brotherhood sub had a one-time node for extra iso.  I think the only reason people dislike Hulk more is that Hulk is run more often....and might be slightly heavier on Juggernaut, although I honestly don't remember.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    ZootSax said:
    NotBAMF said:

It's the one where Magneto agrees to help Nick Fury because he doesn't want mutants being used by non-mutants, or something to that effect.  Another 7-day event with a lot of Dark Avengers everywhere.  The main difference from Hulk is that while the Hulk has the one-time node for a free 3* Hulk cover, each ISO-8 Brotherhood sub had a one-time node for extra iso.  I think the only reason people dislike Hulk more is that Hulk is run more often....and might be slightly heavier on Juggernaut, although I honestly don't remember.

Oh, I thought that story was to generic mutant nodes what Enemy of the State was to generic ninjas nodes. I didn't remember that it was another one full of Dark Avengers. Waugh.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those Dark Avengers, eh, whatta bunch of good times. And now we have Juggernaut too. But wait... Ooh look - Emma's node is all Dark Avengers but it's Daken, Ragnarok and Venom - sure is nice to have a break from Ares and his non stop axe to the face. *Gets hit in the face by an axe* - You gave them an Ares team-up, Devs? Of course you did...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Those Dark Avengers, eh, whatta bunch of good times. And now we have Juggernaut too. But wait... Ooh look - Emma's node is all Dark Avengers but it's Daken, Ragnarok and Venom - sure is nice to have a break from Ares and his non stop axe to the face. *Gets hit in the face by an axe* - You gave them an Ares team-up, Devs? Of course you did...
    At least it wasn't an axe to everyone's face...

My Ares favorite sequence so far happened earlier today:
    Onslaught - Yeah, I've seen this a lot.
    Sunder - Huh, I didn't realize he'd hit 10 yellow.
    Wilson's Gambit Team Up, getting rid of the Sunder count down tile - OH, COME ON!!!
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Of all the 7 day events to bring back why did it have to be this one?  And if they were going to bring it back after so long couldn't they have at least tweaked it a little bit to make it less of a chore?  Ugh.
    Humm... I like the event
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    At least it wasn't an axe to everyone's face...

My Ares favorite sequence so far happened earlier today:
    Onslaught - Yeah, I've seen this a lot.
    Sunder - Huh, I didn't realize he'd hit 10 yellow.
    Wilson's Gambit Team Up, getting rid of the Sunder count down tile - OH, COME ON!!!
    Ha! Oh well only a bazillion more days or so to go...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, OK, up to day 5 now and this is starting to get annoying. Literally the same combination of teams every single day. Theres no way the devs ever play these events cause how could they possibly find this enjoyable clearing these nodes at least 6 times a day to then go and fight the exact same teams again the following day. I'm bored now. 

Retire this event and The Hunt.