Preconstructed Decks - A Waste of Deck Slots

khurram
khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
The title is pretty much self-explanatory. When preconstructed decks were announced players looked forward to it. However, the actual decks turned out to be kind of disappointing, and that's an understatement. Those decks were at the very least supposed to help newer players in some way but I very much doubt that they do. The precon decks for pws designed by octagon do look like there was some thought put into making those. However, the decks prior to that are random cards just thrown together in a way that doesn't have much synergy. I don't think any of those decks were designed by actual players despite there being a contest and all, ages ago.

In short, those decks are a waste of perfectly good space. Players need more deck slots to save decks that they actually want to use. Once a player completes one of those precon decks they should be able to edit and customize it. I think that's fair and will really go a long way.

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Only reason thos decks are a little usefull are orbs (beginner) and jewels (complete expert/master). 

They would be more of use if you can use them as regular deck slots, if completed. 
    Just change trash button in upper left to 'reset to precon'.

I think only some player are willing to buy deck slots of tier 2 pw for 20k runes or 150 crystals. So this pw might see some more playtime. And you are able to save some more decks for returning events.

Well I won't pay 150 crystals for another deckslot. With this change it would be more comfortable to play. Not more, not less. And you have to complete more of card collection to come to this point. I think that could earn a lot more crystals than deckslots that never been bought. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Add: also change regeneration+ on level up to another deckslot. I don't care much about regeneration. I never cared about it. Not even on first week of play. And I won't pay crystals for it either. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that we should be able to use the pre-constructed decks as custom slots once they are unlocked.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Mburn7 said:
    I agree that we should be able to use the pre-constructed decks as custom slots once they are unlocked.

Me too agree
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, most of those decks are a waste of space and a reminder that the game has the capability to give us more options than it actually will.

This is coming from a guy who has spent over 1000 crystal on extra deck slots, because I don't like the tedious nature of having to remake my decks over and over.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    The slots are antiquated now and need a rethought considering what the paying supporting members want now. A starting player seeing legacy made decks is not going to spend hard earned resources on trying to get those cards imo. People want to try out many different combos without ruing good current decks. Convenience is a key factor in customer satisfaction.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stalker said:
    The slots are antiquated now and need a rethought considering what the paying supporting members want now. A starting player seeing legacy made decks is not going to spend hard earned resources on trying to get those cards imo. People want to try out many different combos without ruing good current decks. Convenience is a key factor in customer satisfaction.
    That might be different if those decks were actually for sale in a bundle, but then again they need to be good!
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I can't remember if I've said this anywhere, but the preconstructed decks should really go below the rest of your deck options the selection screen.
  • ShaarkBiite
    ShaarkBiite Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    This is a great idea!
    It is annoying to have to reconfigure decks for events that you've already played, especially when you've played them a really long time ago. Yeah, you can screenshot it and recreate, but that's annoying too, not that we'd end up with enough deck slots to have one for every event, but it would be a big help.
    The other thing that's really annoying is that story mode doesn't have its own slot like events do. The objectives are so unlike anything else, that even if you had a temp slot that didn't save, you wouldn't have to trash your current deck in order to win a game playing only 1/1 creatures that have four hands... 
  • [Deleted User]
    This is a great idea!
    It is annoying to have to reconfigure decks for events that you've already played, especially when you've played them a really long time ago. Yeah, you can screenshot it and recreate, but that's annoying too, not that we'd end up with enough deck slots to have one for every event, but it would be a big help.
    The other thing that's really annoying is that story mode doesn't have its own slot like events do. The objectives are so unlike anything else, that even if you had a temp slot that didn't save, you wouldn't have to trash your current deck in order to win a game playing only 1/1 creatures that have four hands... 
    Story mode not having its own deck slots. Agreed. 
  • [Deleted User]
    DBJones said:
    I can't remember if I've said this anywhere, but the preconstructed decks should really go below the rest of your deck options the selection screen.
    Also agree here.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Preach.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a great idea!
    I've been complaining about that one since Event decks came out!

I ONLY started playing again then, because Event decks finally made it bearable (I'd given up before) and yet they left them out of Story!

(I love Event decks...)
  • raz
    raz Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I came upon this thread trying to figure out what the purpose is of those decks.

This is a great discussion. Curious if any more thought has gone into the precon deck slots. I think they should be unlocked as a reward for completing them. It would incentivize me to chase those last few cards (that I won't ever use).

Also, we should be able to reorder the deck slots, or hide the precon decks. Even if I had one unlocked, I'd never use it. It's a both a waste of space and resources.
  • Mburn7
    raz said:
    I came upon this thread trying to figure out what the purpose is of those decks.

This is a great discussion. Curious if any more thought has gone into the precon deck slots. I think they should be unlocked as a reward for completing them. It would incentivize me to chase those last few cards (that I won't ever use).

Also, we should be able to reorder the deck slots, or hide the precon decks. Even if I had one unlocked, I'd never use it. It's a both a waste of space and resources.
    Yeah, we've been asking for that for a looooooong time.
    As per many other things that we've been asking for, there's been no response from the devs.  *sigh*
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Unlocking the slot as custom when completed sounds like a gorgeous idea.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    raz said:

As per many other things that we've been asking for, there's been no response from the devs.  *sigh*
    Rofl, no response? They gave you a blatant response with the advent of ViP that adds the much needed and requested slots through a pay wall. Pay attention to the actions, and try not to be blind to the reality that is mobile gaming.
  • Mburn7
    Stalker said:
    Mburn7 said:
    raz said:

Rofl, no response? They gave you a blatant response with the advent of ViP that adds the much needed and requested slots through a pay wall. Pay attention to the actions, and try not to be blind to the reality that is mobile gaming.
    I meant about the premade deck slots, not more deck slots (although I did forget VIP comes with extra slots, since I refuse to spend a dime on this game anymore)

When the master decks first came out they were supposedly going to be based on the winning decks from a contest.  I think the winners' decks were used, but the promised credit was never given and the whole thing was kind of forgotten about.  Now all the new master decks are literally garbage collections of random cards, defeating the purpose.  We've been asking to be able to modify them and use them as deck slots for ages with no response.