S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and Heavy Metal Scoring Display

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
As anyone that has been playing today has noticed, the scoring received from completing battles in both Heavy Metal and SHIELD Training have been displaying inconsistently. Some users are seeing their scoring updating immediately while others do not see their scores raise. We are still looking into the root cause of this in order to correct it, but we have determined that players are still receiving their associated Progression Rewards even if the client is not displaying the score required to get it properly and that the overall scoring on the server side is still correct. So overall, the strange display in scoring is a client side issue only and should not affect your final standings.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for addressing this.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, wasn't someone in the heavy metal thread saying that it wasn't actually registering them entering a bracket in the first place?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Hmm, wasn't someone in the heavy metal thread saying that it wasn't actually registering them entering a bracket in the first place?
    I'll go hunt that one down in particular for research. If I had to guess though given all the other evidence, they're probably actually in a bracket and gaining points according to the server, but the Client isn't updating properly (argh).

If you've noticed, haven't been around much today. Been insanely busy with end of season madness and getting the next Episode finally nailed down. So it's good to know about things like that I should hunt down. Thanks!
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A little while ago, I went over 1200 in Sim and didn't get my CHawk progression reward. I just checked now and my score is back to where it was before my battles (1159), without showing any losses.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    A little while ago, I went over 1200 in Sim and didn't get my CHawk progression reward. I just checked now and my score is back to where it was before my battles (1159), without showing any losses.
    Assuming you're planning on hitting 1200 again, can you please pay attention to if you get it the second time around? If not, then we've got a definite bigger issue which we haven't seen in test. And yes, we're testing on Live for this since it's happening only with server congestion. So we're seeing the same thing you all are. As much information as you can provide is definitely helpful!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    And just looked it up, t'was Regalis. Showing up in a bracket on our end, so yes, just very likely to be this same blasted display issue.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    getting the next Episode finally nailed down.
    Woohoo, best news I've heard in weeks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ice9, if you are not aware, the vast majority of us have not received our awards from the heroic event yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    As anyone that has been playing today has noticed, the scoring received from completing battles in both Heavy Metal and SHIELD Training have been displaying inconsistently. Some users are seeing their scoring updating immediately while others do not see their scores raise. We are still looking into the root cause of this in order to correct it, but we have determined that players are still receiving their associated Progression Rewards even if the client is not displaying the score required to get it properly and that the overall scoring on the server side is still correct. So overall, the strange display in scoring is a client side issue only and should not affect your final standings.

My score in the Heavy Metal event was 75 before the server crashes and I've played several matches of between 30-40 points but have yet to receive even the 100 point Progression Reward. If it's only display issue and we should be receiving rewards, does this mean there's something else wrong with my game? (Perhaps related to not receiving either the individual or alliance reward from the Oscorp Heroic event?)
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    If you've noticed, haven't been around much today.

We've noticed alright.

A short statement that the devs are aware of the lack of alliance awards from Heroic Oscorp would be nice (and would decrease the workload for the community mods having to lock all those threads).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:

I had something simular happen, not as extensive... got ot over 500, backed out, then when I came back I showed 389. and it still showed the correct amount of health packs used.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Same thing just happened again...went over 1200 in Sim, it took a couple seconds for the score (1206) to appear on the main Sim screen, and still didn't get CHawk prog reward.

EDIT: And I get the "Leaderboards Error" when I try to check that.

EDIT #2: Also just got screwed out of HM points. Won a couple matches and a little while later, the point gains were gone.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I had this issue throughout the day. Won a bunch of matches and didn't get any points.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The lack of progression is really killing this for me, I've tried playing heavy metal but I have no idea how much I have, when I should stop, where I'm ranked. I feel like sissyphus rolling my boulder towards this damn 300 token only to see that thing roll back down. I'm just gonna make memes the rest of the night icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ice9, I would recommend giving out either a little iso or better yet a heroic token as apology for the issues today and the delay in Daken covers, i would not what to be the one checking those support tickets in 6 minutes lol.(assuming those rewards dont go out soon)
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ....and down again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I'll go hunt that one down in particular for research. If I had to guess though given all the other evidence, they're probably actually in a bracket and gaining points according to the server, but the Client isn't updating properly (argh).

If you've noticed, haven't been around much today. Been insanely busy with end of season madness and getting the next Episode finally nailed down. So it's good to know about things like that I should hunt down. Thanks!

IceIX, I am in the same situation. Could you assist?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I gained no points at all through numerous battles last night. I've started gaining points again about 20 minutes ago. I powered through to progression rewards for 400/500 points which I should have easily cleared last night icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    Assuming you're planning on hitting 1200 again, can you please pay attention to if you get it the second time around? If not, then we've got a definite bigger issue which we haven't seen in test. And yes, we're testing on Live for this since it's happening only with server congestion. So we're seeing the same thing you all are. As much information as you can provide is definitely helpful!

Alot of people have yet to get rewards from Oscorp event and i didn't get any of my rewards from any of the lighting rounds yesterday either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since early evening last night when I log in it says no events are available at this time. I assumed everyone was having this issue. I logged in this morning to the same thing except I also had notifications of multiple attacks and point losses in both events. If I can't see the events and I can't shield, how is this fair? What is going on?