Who's ready to STRIKE?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    This won't work, hell IceIX even told me in a previous thread the devs don't care about our opinions....As long as someone pays, they could care less about those that dedicate hours to this game...It sucks, but it's true...

If that's the case, then it's quite upsetting. Not listening to the player base at all or caring about what they think is an absolutely horrible strategy. icon_evil.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Daige wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    This won't work, hell IceIX even told me in a previous thread the devs don't care about our opinions....As long as someone pays, they could care less about those that dedicate hours to this game...It sucks, but it's true...

If that's the case, then it's quite upsetting. Not listening to the player base at all or caring about what they think is an absolutely horrible strategy. icon_evil.gif
    I only remember Ice mentioning that they don't care about App Store review feedback. He also said that at least one of the devs reads virtually every thread on the forums.

I'd be very interested to see if WilliamK99 can actually quote Ice on something similar to that paraphrased "true" declaration.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Daige wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:

I only remember Ice mentioning that they don't care about App Store review feedback. He also said that at least one of the devs reads virtually every thread on the forums.

I'd be very interested to see if WilliamK99 can actually quote Ice on something similar to that paraphrased "true" declaration.

Yes, the quote was about App Store reviews after major updates. In almost every game on the App Store, there is a barrage of low reviews after an update, and that injection of reviews are to be expected, and thus the importance of them are low.

If people are really curious, I remember there was a quote from Will or Al about how a disproportionate amount of time is spent on catering to the forum population in relation to their size (in favor of the forumites.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Communication will always be low priority for D3, especially on the forum. They know that only < 5% of playerbase/revenue comes from the forums, so to them time can be better spent elsewhere.

Transparency will also always be low priority, because since such a large percentage of paying players don't care enough to frequent the forums, D3 feels informing the small percentage that does is not worth it.

Further, if D3 were to be more transparent on the forums, they know that it would draw more players to join the forum community, which would mean they might actually have to be more accountable. As the forum population grows, D3's ability to rely solely on metrics and revenue from unsuspecting non-forumites goes down. So that's why we forumgoers will never achieve the transparency we think we deserve.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    I´ve never spend anything because I´ve too many expenses.

These last weeks I was considerating to take some money from my wedding presents and get me some HP for covers next week, but if this is the shape of things to come I better save it for other stuff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would just write to marvel and/or disney about how they are messing up their good name and see what happens! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Communication will always be low priority for D3, especially on the forum. They know that only < 5% of playerbase/revenue comes from the forums, so to them time can be better spent elsewhere.

Transparency will also always be low priority, because since such a large percentage of paying players don't care enough to frequent the forums, D3 feels informing the small percentage that does is not worth it.

Further, if D3 were to be more transparent on the forums, they know that it would draw more players to join the forum community, which would mean they might actually have to be more accountable. As the forum population grows, D3's ability to rely solely on metrics and revenue from unsuspecting non-forumites goes down. So that's why we forumgoers will never achieve the transparency we think we deserve.

Thanks for explaining their current stance, which I think most of us are currently aware of. There has to be some outlet for customer facing feedback however, in the event of problems. Whether that be here, or in the game, the player base deserve to know something about the current issues. I presume this forum serves as an official outlet for game related announcements, so there is surely no reasonable explanation as to why there has been no announcement on the problems we have encountered over the last 24+ hours.

Ideally, an announcement in game would capture the entire player base, but as there has appeared to be issues with the server, it is more understandable that it is not possible there. Hence why some form of announcement here, in the place where they seem to make most of their official announcements, at least serves to allay the concerns of some of the player base. Indeed, if this is the official home of communication, perhaps it would be an idea to spread that to the masses.

Either way, I don't find the radio silence to be acceptable. Do you? To me, this is not about how D3P have treated the player base before, but how they should treat their player base now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I spent a bit right at the start, but with every change made the chances of me spending any more fade.

Am sure it doesn't bother them mind you. It will only change when the numbers start to fall overall and by then it'll be too late. It's just what happens to most games and with most companies.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The truth is, they would listen if their bottom line ( $$$ ) would be affected.
    Yet the forum community is too small of a revenue to accomplish that.
    I played lots of games in a past, and this is a first game with huge player base that just do not give a flying tinnykitty.
    I do not care if they make some kind of explanation or announcement here on forums, but they should say something/apologize/explain give estimated time of fix on their main page or their official FB page.
    Any game i played before, within minutes of problems with servers/bugs were announced and estimated time of fix was communicated.
    But i guess those were real companies, not Superhero Candy Crush.

Just feels like nobody cares, feels like J O B " You don't like it? go find something else"

Just my 2 cents.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I mentioned before, the devs most of the time would ignore forum complaints and app store reviews. Afterall they already have glowing reviews and ratings from online gaming sites like IGN.

The only way for them to sit up and take notice is if there is actually a game reviewer who gives them negative feedback. Or if you can get someone in the game magazine industry to publish a story about the current state of MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So the general sentiment/understanding here is that we are too small of a community to care about what we say HERE.

But what if we all go to the fb page and do a "sit in". Explaining that lack of communication is causing us to boycott the buying of anything? And point people to the forum for "more information". A LOT more people would see that.

And we all have an "app store" where we can go and leave reviews. If we all change our reviews to 1 star with a small review that points people to the forums, that would grow the user base here. Maybe not by huge numbers, but every little bit counts.

I mean, we're going on 36 hours from the end of an event and a huge server crash and the ONLY thing that has been commented on was the Simulator? That's completely unacceptable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not to mention, yesterday I saw more post from 1st time people that joined yesterday then in the entire 6-8 weeks I've been reading the forums. (I lurked for a while before actually joining).

Edit: just looked at the member numbers, almost 200 people have joined since the end of the Heroic event. That's approx 4% increase in a very short time frame.