Who's ready to STRIKE?!?

Options

Considering the complete lack of consideration, communication, and respect that we are receiving from the D3 (not just this instance, but the several times that I have witnessed since starting MPQ), who is ready to go on strike and spread the word?

Not a players strike. But a money strike. From this point on, until the D3 can manage to find a way to effectively communicate with us in a reasonable and timely fashion, I say we spread the word to NOT SPEND ONE SHINY PENNY on this game! Share it here, with our friends who play, with our FB friends, and encourage them all to share and so on until we hit the world over with the message. I promise if the revenue stream for this game goes into a severe drought brought on by player dissatisfaction, that things will change quickly.

This isn't about "server issues" taking the game offline. We all understand that in this day and age with technology, that happens.

This is about complete and utter lack of respect of the player base.
-Ninja changes mid game.
-Super secret, ever changing algorithms that are only explained as they "are working as intended" or a "work in progress".
-Secret bracket changes that were only explained AFTER the community up-roared.
-Constantly changing MMR that makes the game unplayable to some players, while nerfing the tanking effects so that they cannot reasonably get to levels that are acceptable for FUN play. (Afterall, this is supposed to be a game. And games are supposed to be FUN)
-Punishing peoples MMR for using the tools that were given to us (Such as OBW and Spidey).

And I am sure that I could go on and on and on. And I am sure that many of the veteran players, who greatly outrank me, could add SO MUCH more to this list.

We went through an entire PVE event, with only speculation of what was really going on, trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together for ourselves so that we could stand a chance, because no one considered that we, the players and supporters of MPQ, deserved the right to at least know that changes were coming or needed.

I love MPQ. I am a daily player. And originally I had intended on spending some more money on this game. But with the current state of things, I have no intention to give my money to anyone who cannot or will not communicate with this community of supporters/players.

No-.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I agree with all your sentiments however with just over 3 days left on season 1 people will buy HP for Shields... they just will.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've never paid anything?

The break is fine. SWTOR + forums.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This won't work, hell IceIX even told me in a previous thread the devs don't care about our opinions....As long as someone pays, they could care less about those that dedicate hours to this game...It sucks, but it's true...
  • Unknown
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    This won't work, hell IceIX even told me in a previous thread the devs don't care about our opinions....As long as someone pays, they could care less about those that dedicate hours to this game...It sucks, but it's true...

Then that is just sad sad business model.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

I cannot think of the letters tor without thinking KOTOR...annnnd then I realized sw was star wars lol.

@will. I am sure that's a direct quote from iceIX....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

SWTOR is dead .. Wildstar forever sir.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll tell you who is NOT ready to strike... Daken, that's who. WHERE IS MY DAKEN???
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

I cannot think of the letters tor without thinking KOTOR...annnnd then I realized sw was star wars lol.

I paraphrased him, but yes the devs have proven time and time again they could care less about the veterans of the game, and those that invest a ton of time... I am not ashamed to admit, I quit for a few weeks, and came back because I relapsed...My addiction is too strong to overcome...So essentially I have battered spouse syndrome, no matter how hard the devs beat me up, I keep on taking it because I love the game..
  • Unknown
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    I am not ashamed to admit, I quit for a few weeks, and came back because I relapsed...My addiction is too strong to overcome...So essentially I have battered spouse syndrome, no matter how hard the devs beat me up, I keep on taking it because I love the game..

I won't quit playing. But any money that I would have invested into this game has now been re-allocated to fund something different. Not sure what yet, maybe a book club or something. I miss books. They don't glitch out and die on you. They may leave you with a cliffhanger at the end so you buy the next book, but that is totally part of the excitement. LOL.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nerdrage wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

SWTOR is dead .. Wildstar forever sir.

Sure man.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nerdrage wrote:
    I agree with all your sentiments however with just over 3 days left on season 1 people will buy HP for Shields... they just will.

Dude. I really like your sig
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    I am not ashamed to admit, I quit for a few weeks, and came back because I relapsed...My addiction is too strong to overcome...So essentially I have battered spouse syndrome, no matter how hard the devs beat me up, I keep on taking it because I love the game..

I won't quit playing. But any money that I would have invested into this game has now been re-allocated to fund something different. Not sure what yet, maybe a book club or something. I miss books. They don't glitch out and die on you. They may leave you with a cliffhanger at the end so you buy the next book, but that is totally part of the excitement. LOL.

Off topic, but I got into this game solely because I'm a Marvel comic book nerd. I'm not even much of a gamer, was playing nothing before. Now I'm so entrenched that I'm weeks behind on my books. They were much more reliable, glossier and better smelling than MPQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

I paraphrased him, but yes the devs have proven time and time again they could care less about the veterans of the game, and those that invest a ton of time... I am not ashamed to admit, I quit for a few weeks, and came back because I relapsed...My addiction is too strong to overcome...So essentially I have battered spouse syndrome, no matter how hard the devs beat me up, I keep on taking it because I love the game..
    I quit 3? months ago and now I'm back. However instead of coming back to my old android account, I'm playing on a new account on steam. It keeps me from getting detrimentally invested again. Haven't spent money on this game since December, and it looks like it'll start that way.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I finally came to an eureka moment today. That realization was that if I want the game to change, this is not the developers' problem, it's mine. I kind of wish it would have come before my many rants.

I want to play a game that is fun and cares about customer retention. For me, that was this game. However, the current devolution of the game is just a shadow of its former self. The recent actions and inactions by this company has spoken loudly and clearly that they have shifted from their earlier paradigms.

I no longer want to invest my time or money for a "game" whose design is to penalize consumers that spend time and money on their product in the form of scaling, bracketing, MMR, etc. In just the last two months, I spent close to $200. I have requested a refund of my purchase. The reason is that I was investing in a product, which no longer exists for many intents and purposes. The gameplay (the essence of the game) was changed without prior communication. Hence, I was denied the ability to make an informed purchase. If I had been advised prior to my investment that the entire gaming model was going shift from fair brackets (blind and random) and an increasingly progressive MMR would be changed to a stagnant one, I would not have made the purchases.

So when I get my money back, I'm not quite sure how I'll spend my extra 20+ hours a week, but I certainly will not spend it blaming a company for running it the way they see fit; since, you know, they own the product have to please no one, but themselves.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I finally came to an eureka moment today. That realization was that if I want the game to change, this is not the developers' problem, it's mine. I kind of wish it would have come before my many rants.

I want to play a game that is fun and cares about customer retention. For me, that was this game. However, the current devolution of the game is just a shadow of its former self. The recent actions and inactions by this company has spoken loudly and clearly that they have shifted from their earlier paradigms.

I no longer want to invest my time or money for a "game" whose design is to penalize consumers that spend time and money on their product in the form of scaling, bracketing, MMR, etc. In just the last two months, I spent close to $200. I have requested a refund of my purchase. The reason is that I was investing in a product, which no longer exists for many intents and purposes. The gameplay (the essence of the game) was changed without prior communication. Hence, I was denied the ability to make an informed purchase. If I had been advised prior to my investment that the entire gaming model was going shift from fair brackets (blind and random) and an increasingly progressive MMR would be changed to a stagnant one, I would not have made the purchases.

So when I get my money back, I'm not quite sure how I'll spend my extra 20+ hours a week, but I certainly will not spend it blaming a company for running it the way they see fit; since, you know, they own the product have to please no one, but themselves.

If you pay for a product and it does not deliver, then it's time to contest those credit card charges.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaronschmiz, for one) holy font. For b) I believe it was once calculated that the wrath of us crazy forum folk wouldn't even cause enough damage to trigger anger on d3.

While I understand the rationale, it's not like they're trying to have a broken game. They're already trying to fix it. Flaming the fires isn't helping things.

Go post a meme instead, spread some joy while we wait for that broken blue using bastard. Alliteration for the win!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I heard D3P will be having a Stark Salary sale this weekend. Extra 50% HP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Aaronschmiz, for one) holy font. For b) I believe it was once calculated that the wrath of us crazy forum folk wouldn't even cause enough damage to trigger anger on d3.

While I understand the rationale, it's not like they're trying to have a broken game. They're already trying to fix it. Flaming the fires isn't helping things.

Go post a meme instead, spread some joy while we wait for that broken blue using bastard. Alliteration for the win!

But we should at the very least try to "trigger anger"(ie. Change). This wasn't meant to be an off the wall rant. I didn't intend to fan the flames. I truly believe that even the small percent of us here can bring better change to this game. And the only way to do that to a business is to upset their cashflow. But think if JUST those here in the forums quit sending them money for their flawed system and lack of communication. That would dry up a nice chunk of once rich waters into barren desert.

The communication skills of D3 have got to improve. That is, apparently has been, and if we attempt to nothing, always will be the biggest complaint.

"Working as intended" is not now, nor will it ever be an acceptable answer on its own. (No shade at ICE, I'm sure he has bosses that limit what he can and cannot say).

Why did they bother to create a forum if our input means absolutely nothing and they have no intention of actively discussing issues with us? Why has it been over 24 hours since they system crash without any explanation or notice ensuring us that things are being fixed? Hundreds of threads and thousands of post, and yet they ignore the very community that they started.

If we don't fight for change, how can we expect it?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    But we should at the very least try to "trigger anger"(ie. Change). This wasn't meant to be an off the wall rant. I didn't intend to fan the flames. I truly believe that even the small percent of us here can bring better change to this game. And the only way to do that to a business is to upset their cashflow. But think if JUST those here in the forums quit sending them money for their flawed system and lack of communication. That would dry up a nice chunk of once rich waters into barren desert.
    Noting the number of whales who've only recently joined the forum, I'm not sure there's really "a nice chunk" represented by those ideologically invested enough in this forum's culture to care about your rallying cry.
    The communication skills of D3 have got to improve. That is, apparently has been, and if we attempt to nothing, always will be the biggest complaint.
    Agreed, at least on this specific issue.
    "Working as intended" is not now, nor will it ever be an acceptable answer on its own. (No shade at ICE, I'm sure he has bosses that limit what he can and cannot say).
    Agreed only in certain situations. On the matter of this server outage/snafu, I completely agree that radio silence is unacceptable. I also agree that it'd be very, very beneficial for very little work for devs to announce when scaling, MMR, bracketing, etc. changes happen. However, I do not agree that the devs are under any obligation or some sort of moral imperative to reveal the detailed nature of those changes. I believe that most such changes, while likely flawed in execution, are intended to improve the game for its userbase at large. This requires some manner of balance, and a minimization of soft exploits/minmaxing. Thus, it makes perfect sense not to divulge balancing mechanics like personal/community scaling and strength/longevity-based bracketing. However, a necessary corollary to that kind of sense is to fix seemingly inexplicable explosive scaling as quickly as possible.

Again, I'd very much like to see announcements that outline the schedule for significant changes to the game. I do not, however, believe the devs even should provide us with detailed information about how things were changed.
    Why did they bother to create a forum if our input means absolutely nothing and they have no intention of actively discussing issues with us? Why has it been over 24 hours since they system crash without any explanation or notice ensuring us that things are being fixed? Hundreds of threads and thousands of post, and yet they ignore the very community that they started.
    Scaling was reset for Heroic Oscorp, alliance rewards at the top were modified, and UI tweaks were made that, though not explicitly stated as spurred by forum input, were nonetheless positive changes that came about after a great deal of forum complaining. With regard to issues in general, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how much Ice does divulge on the forums. If I were a dev, I would divulge literally nothing about balancing mechanisms. Doing so invites exploitation, because balancing mechanisms rely on certain assumptions about player behavior. Again, on the matter of this server outage, I agree that the devs have an obligation to at least clearly acknowledge the fact that there is a massive ongoing problem.

I've submitted a support ticket which clearly notes that opinion. If you haven't yet, you should do the same. That would likely be far, far, far more effective than using senior-citizen font.