Nebula's SHIELD Training

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Can anyone remember a team worse than Nebula/Shuri + Winter Soldier + War Machine in one of these SHIELD Training events? When unlimited saved covers came out I thought, "The developers like us! They really, actually like us!"  Now I'm not so sure. 
 :'( 

(P.S. To get Nebula's cover I didn't even bother trying to play with that team. I just took +2 Team-up AP into battle along with a Whales team-up.)

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    The 3 characters from Emma's Shield Training were worse.  I actually had a fairly easy time with this one. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    As mentioned above, Emma Stone's was much, much worse.  Granted, I have Shuri, WS and WM all champed.  At least they have some offensive powers that cause damage.  Not great damage, but it is damage.
  • Dormammu
    Remind me who was in Emma's event?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I want to say one of them was Iron Spider, who doesn't really punch too hard without some set up rounds in advance...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    I'll vote yes to the OP, but mainly because I only have 2 covers for War Machine! :(
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Actually this one was pretty normal and I beat it on the 1st try compared to Emma Frost's Shield Training which I failed 3 times before finally finishing it. Shuri's Green and Winter Soldier's Red gave me the win on the 1st mission since they hit pretty hard. Nebula was just there for decoration like all the new 4*'s in Shield Training. The last one to get the Nebula cover was even better since I had War Machine's Blue to do damage as well. I only have all 3 characters at LV 209 and got it done. It gave me a Blue Nebula as a Reward.
  • Dormammu
    edited August 2018
    It really irritated me that all three characters have the exact same colors in that final match for the Nebula cover. I was sitting on my couch last night staring at that team on my phone; I was quoted later as saying: " What $!*# kind of #*!@ tinykitty %#!* tinykitty team is this?"

Edit: (I too prefer Emma Stone)
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    I champed Bucky a few months ago but never messed around with him because the last time I used him before that was in his Crash, when I still had him horribly under-covered. Managed to nab that win by the skin of my teeth but I remember him feeling so weak that I placed him in the mental trash bin.
    Used him quite a lot last week and I have to say he hits hard when played smart. Just Bucky was enough to win the Nebula cover, Warmachine and Shuri were merely there to use up my green AP. 
    All in all, not that bad, but I didn't really see the synergy in this team. Can anyone who does see it spell it out?
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Off the top of my head, here are some guesses about the theory of how these three might be useful together (though in practice, I haven't seen it actually pay off so far).

- With Vibranium Tech in play, Precision Shot costs 5 AP and steals 4 AP, which is a pretty good deal.
    - One of the most noticeable weaknesses of Aerial Assault usually is that the attack tiles it creates kind of clump together since they all drop in from the top, and risk being matched away all at once in just a few turns. Fortification in general helps with this, although this team is already extremely hungry for red AP.
    - Lacking rainbow coverage isn't _always_ a downside, particularly since War Machine's green offers significant and efficient board shake at rank 5. If the board is black/yellow heavy at any point, a well-placed Precision Shot or a well-timed Gatling Gun can help rebalance the board to better line up with colors you actually want to use; Quake is, of course, better at supporting 4-color teams in this way, but Rhodey's all right.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Remind me who was in Emma's event?
    X-23, Ant Man and Infinity Spidey.  I have all 3 champed and still wiped 3 times and ended up dropping a whale on them.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I initially thought it was a good team up.
    "Awesome, I'll use War Machine's red to create attack tiles. Then I can make Shuri fortify them! What colour does that again?"
    *Look at her moves*
    "Oh....red. Huh."

So yeah, you'd need extra of each colour to make the teamup work. Shuri's good with special tile producers, but not if the tiles are produced using her own colours, darn it.

Should have teamed her up with someone who can fortify things more readily, too. Mr Fantastic would have been an ideal match.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmm, very true. I guess they should have planned better, because the colour synergy was awful.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had War Machine champed so that was nice. Winter Soldier is in the 140s which I don't feel like spending to bring him to 209, plus Shuri has 5 covers so it isn't working out anyway.

Bye Nebula cover...
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Following up on my previous comment: I forgot Precision Shot actually gains an additional AP from the tile it destroys. So, with Shuri on your team, you can just keep firing until the opponent runs out of purple AP.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Not great synergy with these characters at all, but I have all three champed so I was able to blast through it on the bus on the way home. I do like SHIELD Training when that happens. Welcome to the team, Nebula :-)
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I thought the 209 individual fights were pretty easy this time. The combined fight was much harder. Not sure if it helps anyone else but I used:

Shuri, grocket and marv4l with a green/black  boost.

Winter soldier, vulture and medusa.

War machine, cloak & dagger and marv4l with a green/black boost.
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    As previously stated, Emma's was far worse...and for the biggest disappointment of a character in the history of this game.  Sigh.  Wanted her to be in the game for years and she should have been a game-changer...but she's 4-star Bagman.
  • Dormammu
    ROTBI said:
    ..but she's 4-star Bagman.
    Ever since Invisible Woman's buff the 'baglady' nickname has been open?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    As mentioned above, Emma Stone's was much, much worse.  Granted, I have Shuri, WS and WM all champed.  At least they have some offensive powers that cause damage.  Not great damage, but it is damage.
    I think the SHIELD Training for Emma Watson was pretty tough as well.  All of those OWLs and NEWTs?  Especially for Divination...

But seriously, I had a bigger issue with the Emma Frost training because my Iron Spider had about 5 covers, so I didn't get that cover at all.  I've got all three of these guys champed, so even though they have no synergy whatsoever, I was still able to get the Nebula cover.