Quality of Life Improvements

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    "Open all" would have my enthusiastic support.

Should be *optional*, mind; folks who have been hoarding tacos, say, shouldn't get forced into opening them all at once.

But the ability should be there, if the player desires to use it.
    I agree 'open all' should be optional.

One idea I had is open all would open them all at a moderate pace, then there would be two buttons the in corners.  One is the fast forward we already have on opening 40 packs (this would lock you into open at all this point) the other button would be an e-brake.  So if you have 300 taco coins but want to stop after the LT for example.  You would hit open all, watch them open automatically at a reasonable pace but not so fast it's hard to respond.  Once you see the LT you pull the e-brake and don't pull any more covers.
  • broll
    edited August 2018
    For those recommending doing away with placement rewards in PvE, how are you going to distribute the placement rewards in such a way that non competitive players are not getting more than they deserve, and top players are not getting fewer rewards than what they have been getting?
    One idea I've had/seen listed as a request that could work with this is having the final node be an infinite wave.  So you set the progression points very high, much higher than just doing 1 or however many clears could possible get you.  The final node is then a survival node where you fight infinite waves of ever increasing strength enemies.  Each wave is worth more points than the last.  Your skill at puzzle. team selection, and roster would be the dictating factor on how high/far you can get in this gauntlet.  That would then determine how many points which would dictate what high end rewards you can get to.
    Bowgentle said:
    Magic said:
    rixmith said:
    Modify PVE scoring so that doing well isn't dependent on being able to play right when each sub starts and ends. Being able to do my clears anywhere within the 24 hour window and still be able to achieve placement rewards would be a huge QOL improvement. 
    A lot of likes on this one but I for one don't like the idea (or rather - it can't happen). If memory serves me well it was tested few years ago with the max points for the story mission being set and it created problems. The solution is not to give you great placement when you grind on your leasure (as there will be doznes of people who do the same and will expect the same placement as you do). 

The solution is to make the story mode non-competitive. Put in the rewards from the placement into the progression and scrape the placement entirely (some modifications needed, maybe ultra hard mode needed, who know). As it stands now the Story is nop PvE as some people call it - it's PvP. Just the opponents are different and you can't hinder somebody else's progression by beating them like in Versus. And I believe this game would benefit from a true PvE section. 

It all comes down to: How would you monetize true PVE?
    Competition is what drives spending.
    Take away competition and you take away an incentive to spend.
    With my idea above the need to get higher/farther in point progression would be what drives spending.  You're only competing against yourself, but that competition translates to real & desirable rewards.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those recommending doing away with placement rewards in PvE, how are you going to distribute the placement rewards in such a way that non competitive players are not getting more than they deserve, and top players are not getting fewer rewards than what they have been getting?
    In the current system 5 clears are needed to hit max progression. My idea is to do all clears on all nodes, just for the placement rewards and not the normal rewards, and then you would unlock a bonus sub that would act similarly to DDQ where each node gives a certain reward like covers, hp, iso, etc. Each node would have its own challenge. The final node, the boss node, could be just you versus a higher level boss or it could work like Boss Rush. It could just be a really evil team that the devs cooked up or it could work like the Kaecilius boss node where you can only beat the boss if you do something specific. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:

One idea I've had/seen listed as a request that could work with this is having the final node be an infinite wave.  So you set the progression points very high, much higher than just doing 1 or however many clears could possible get you.  The final node is then a survival node where you fight infinite waves of ever increasing strength enemies.  Each wave is worth more points than the last.  Your skill at puzzle. team selection, and roster would be the dictating factor on how high/far you can get in this gauntlet.  That would then determine how many points which would dictate what high end rewards you can get to.

With my idea above the need to get higher/farther in point progression would be what drives spending.  You're only competing against yourself, but that competition translates to real & desirable rewards.
    I can not fully express how good of an idea this.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    In the current system 5 clears are needed to hit max progression. 
    You only need 4X clears to hit max progression if you have the 5* essential, I've been coasting this way for some time.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like the infinite wave idea. With all the boosters in this game, can you imagine how high enemies would have to get in later nodes to even be a threat? Nico, Carol, and those types would get insane and I don't really want to sit there for 20 minutes on one match. I feel like I'd end up having to play MORE than I do now.

The biggest game changing QoL improvement would be the ability to reload the same node immediately upon completing it. It would save so many screens and so many clicks.
  • broll
    edited August 2018
    Borstock said:
    I don't like the infinite wave idea. With all the boosters in this game, can you imagine how high enemies would have to get in later nodes to even be a threat? Nico, Carol, and those types would get insane and I don't really want to sit there for 20 minutes on one match. I feel like I'd end up having to play MORE than I do now.

If they went this way I would like to see the nodes cap at 1 - 2 clears per vs 4 -6.  That way you have more time to spend trying to climb the infinite wave node. I'd also like to see the normal nodes allow players who just want to play cause they like the game continue to re clear the nodes as many times as they like for no additional points.  This could also be used for theory crafting different teams vs different opponents and such.

Also to your point about how high you could get, I would like to see something that indicates when you've gotten max progression (assuming you do at all) that allows you to quit or continue on.  The point of continuing on would just be for fun/challenge as no additional rewards would be gained.  You could also do it just to brag about high your points were.

Edit: Made a separate thread in suggestions:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74773/how-to-do-non-competitive-pve
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    In the current system 5 clears are needed to hit max progression. 
    You only need 4X clears to hit max progression if you have the 5* essential, I've been coasting this way for some time.
    I'm talking about for all clearance levels though because players in 1-6 won't have the 5* node to give them extra points for progression.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of great ideas, and counterpoints, in this thread. The developers should hire some of you to form a R&D department. Here are two of the things that I'd like:

Skip Tax I really despise this. I can't even quantify how much more PvP I would play if this weren't a thing. For transitioners like me (I'm in the two-champed-5-stars plane of the underworld) PvP can be an extremely frustrating ordeal. Eliminating the skip tax would take some of the pressure off.
    Solution: How about no skip tax for VIP members?

Alliance Rewards Placement rewards for alliances are sorely in need of a buff. These need a buff like 5Wasp needs a buff, know what I'm saying? They're still operating with the same basic reward structure from when alliances first became a thing 4 years ago.
    Solution: Extend the 4-star cover to the Top 50, or even the Top 100, alliances. Let this trickle down and improve all level of rewards.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

The biggest game changing QoL improvement would be the ability to reload the same node immediately upon completing it. It would save so many screens and so many clicks.
    Agreed. I posted in another thread about my experience running boosted Mohawk Storm alongside Nico and Cloak & Dagger (who just serves as a black battery to get Storm going). By the third wave, Storm's attack tiles were over 30K strength. So by a fifth, sixth, seventh wave, they'd just be all the higher. What would be the point? 

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Medusa are also about as close to a permanently self-sustaining wave team as you can get, too. Fortified special tiles that heal you if they get matched, and plenty of ways to generate more, both actively and passively. And some AP generation too. You could run that team through an infinte wave node for hours, most likely.

Never mind Chavez plus a 5*. You wouldn't even have to bother with firing powers eventually. Just let the crits do the work.

So the infinite wave node idea is interesting but wouldn't work in practice.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    broll said:

I can not fully express how good of an idea this.
    I already know who I would use for an infinite wave node, a winfinite team.  Endless power activations in 1 turn.  It doesn't matter how strong the enemies are, they would never get a turn.  But after playing 1 match for 30 minutes, I would end up quitting and letting them kill me.  How much time are these rewards worth?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye + Medusa with 30 team-up AP would crush waves, too. Throw Chavez in there for overkill. Infinite waves just wouldn't work unless the difficulty scaled to ridiculous levels.

Level 5,926 Mafia Thug has arrived!

I don't need to play that long.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Okoye + Medusa with 30 team-up AP would crush waves, too. Throw Chavez in there for overkill. Infinite waves just wouldn't work unless the difficulty scaled to ridiculous levels.

Level 5,926 Mafia Thug has arrived!

I don't need to play that long.
    Okoye / Medusa / Blackbolt is my team when she's required. Boosted power damage at the beginning of my turn AND at the end.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Borstock said:

If they went this way I would like to see the nodes cap at 1 - 2 clears per vs 4 -6.  That way you have more time to spend trying to climb the infinite wave node. I'd also like to see the normal nodes allow players who just want to play cause they like the game continue to re clear the nodes as many times as they like for no additional points.  This could also be used for theory crafting different teams vs different opponents and such.

Also to your point about how high you could get, I would like to see something that indicates when you've gotten max progression (assuming you do at all) that allows you to quit or continue on.  The point of continuing on would just be for fun/challenge as no additional rewards would be gained.  You could also do it just to brag about high your points were.

I like the infinite wave idea. Maybe have a button pop up between waves with an option to exit and cash out with your winnings.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    In which SCL? The 5E nodes have way more points in SCL9 than SCL7 (which are more on par with the trivials), so I'm guessing this may not necessarily be true in SCL7 and 8.
  • shardwick
    Something that really annoys me is all of the pop-ups saying which rewards you just got. You got this on wave 1 of this node! You got this on wave 2 of this node! You got this.... Stop. Marvel Contest of Champions has a little chest that holds all of the rewards you got while playing and then you just click on it later when you're taking a break from playing and then you'll get those rewards. Having something similar in MPQ would be amazing because many times I will accidentally click through the pop-up when I'm waiting to get all of my placement and alliance rewards from an event while playing something like lightning rounds on a pvp thinking that the pop-up was something insignificant like telling me I got 70 iso from a seed node when it was actually something much better like top 10 rewards from the last pve.

Maybe something like the MPQ logo flashes when you receive something new even if it's trivial like 100 iso or boosts.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infinite wave is actually too easy,  in fact far easier than any boss match.  There are are numerous self sustaining teams that are effectively endless.

Lets me suggest to some teams to consider.
    5*:  HE, GG, Coulson.  Hint: this team can refresh 30ap blue/red almost to infinity.
    4*:  Any of the Nico, Valky, Marvel, Wasp combos that CONTINOUSLY buff specials.

yeah,  I think eventually the goons scale outta control,  but player chars scale outta control as well.  As I remember 10m wave battles weren't uncommon in Growth industry.  I could easily see an endless that scales into the 1hr 2hr range.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    2 feeders for every 5.  Less grinding, more puzzling.  One off matches where you have to really think about what team you want to use.  Opportunities for 5* players to use their 4s every now and again.  Not being forced to use 1s and 2s in the DDQ.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    More filters in the roster screen please
  • broll
    broll said:
    Borstock said:

I like the infinite wave idea. Maybe have a button pop up between waves with an option to exit and cash out with your winnings.
    That's included in the more detailed proposal in the link (though I only specified it coming up at max progression. Hhaving the ability to exit at any time would be good also.