Quality of Life Improvements

Options
rdvargas1
rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
I think that most of use can agree that recent QoL improvements to the game have been significant and welcomed.  How can MPQ continue this positive momentum?  A few things came to mind that I'm sure have been discussed somewhere on here.  They're minor, but could make a big difference:

Being able to stockpile AP stockpile boosts.  Shouldn't we be able to buy up to 30 at a time instead of having to rebuy constantly after the five are gone? 

The ability to turn off story mode completely instead of just skipping every time.  Who reads through those anyway? 

Being able to "Open All" standard tokens at once, or any tokens for that matter.  

Auto-Accepting rewards like Iso, boosts, etc.  

Those are just a few that came to mind recently.  What are other suggestions out there that can help make this awesome game even better?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't know what i actually want the fix to be, but I do know my least favorite thing is grinding the same nodes over and over every day around the same time against the same Dark Avengers. My favorite event is Strange Sights because it is a single-player event with a boss in it that doesn't require me to grind every 8 hours. I'm not a social gamer, and i'm only in an alliance in this game because you have to be for alliance events really.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rixmith said:
    Modify PVE scoring so that doing well isn't dependent on being able to play right when each sub starts and ends. Being able to do my clears anywhere within the 24 hour window and still be able to achieve placement rewards would be a huge QOL improvement. 
    Can I "Like" this a million times? Having to schedule my life around a stupid match3 phone game or else completely write off the best possible rewards is a pain in the butt.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options
    In addition to many of the above, a few things I'd like:
    In the main Supports Tab, where all the supports are displayed, have any characters thumbnails visible on any equipped support. Having to go through characters individually to see which supports they have equipped is so cumbersome...
    Remove the vault door animation when opening a vault token. Was a novel idea when character icons would flash up during the animation, but the plain door is just a pointless waste of time. I need to see which 2* I pulled instantly!
    I'd really love a change to PvE 'Team-Up' nodes. This is always very frustrating when lumbered with a bad threesome. The Webbed Wonder team-up nodes are accounting for about 25% of my whole final grind time! I'd ideally like them to be only worth points for the initial clear, allowing me to pick up the rest of the rewards anytime during the daily 22/23 hours of PvE downtime if playing optimally.
    I'd also really love not having to clear Wave nodes THREE times in the final grind.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    rixmith said:
    Modify PVE scoring so that doing well isn't dependent on being able to play right when each sub starts and ends. Being able to do my clears anywhere within the 24 hour window and still be able to achieve placement rewards would be a huge QOL improvement. 
    A lot of likes on this one but I for one don't like the idea (or rather - it can't happen). If memory serves me well it was tested few years ago with the max points for the story mission being set and it created problems. The solution is not to give you great placement when you grind on your leasure (as there will be doznes of people who do the same and will expect the same placement as you do). 

The solution is to make the story mode non-competitive. Put in the rewards from the placement into the progression and scrape the placement entirely (some modifications needed, maybe ultra hard mode needed, who know). As it stands now the Story is nop PvE as some people call it - it's PvP. Just the opponents are different and you can't hinder somebody else's progression by beating them like in Versus. And I believe this game would benefit from a true PvE section. 

It all comes down to: How would you monetize true PVE?
    Competition is what drives spending.
    Take away competition and you take away an incentive to spend.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Replaying fights and saving teams would be incredible additions to the game. The amount of time I waste having to go through all the screens to repeat fights and selecting teams would cut down hugely on clear times. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magic said:
    rixmith said:
    A lot of likes on this one but I for one don't like the idea (or rather - it can't happen). If memory serves me well it was tested few years ago with the max points for the story mission being set and it created problems. The solution is not to give you great placement when you grind on your leasure (as there will be doznes of people who do the same and will expect the same placement as you do). 

The solution is to make the story mode non-competitive. Put in the rewards from the placement into the progression and scrape the placement entirely (some modifications needed, maybe ultra hard mode needed, who know). As it stands now the Story is nop PvE as some people call it - it's PvP. Just the opponents are different and you can't hinder somebody else's progression by beating them like in Versus. And I believe this game would benefit from a true PvE section. 
    Being able to do your clears anywhere within the 24 (or 48) hour window does not automatically mean "grind on your leisure". It can still be competitive, if it could measure the time it takes you to do all the clears necessary in some way, just not tied to the start of the sub opening like now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those recommending doing away with placement rewards in PvE, how are you going to distribute the placement rewards in such a way that non competitive players are not getting more than they deserve, and top players are not getting fewer rewards than what they have been getting?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love more ways to earn new chars before they are required for a PVE. 
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Better mechanism to acquire 5 stars, old or new. Once they enter classics, you’re in trouble. It’s the only tier dictated mostly by RNG, and depending on when you got to the 5* level, some characters are basically vaulted and you’ll never get to them. Timing + RNG is a tough way to attack the tier
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those recommending doing away with placement rewards in PvE, how are you going to distribute the placement rewards in such a way that non competitive players are not getting more than they deserve, and top players are not getting fewer rewards than what they have been getting?

To be frank - I don't know.

For one - set the max progression goals higher. For 4 clears you still get the 30 CP. For 5 you could get the extra covers up to the top one. Also the difficulty should increase with each clear and maybe there needs to be another node that is more difficult to aquire the top progression (which would mean all the top5 rewards from Story) - maybe a scaled up node that requires 5-4-3* team based on the given event (something like a loner node with 2-3-4*). There are options. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Better mechanism to acquire 5 stars, old or new. Once they enter classics, you’re in trouble. It’s the only tier dictated mostly by RNG, and depending on when you got to the 5* level, some characters are basically vaulted and you’ll never get to them. Timing + RNG is a tough way to attack the tier
    if they'd add a 'classic legends' token, that'd help. lets face it, unless you're swimming in cp, you're probably using all of it for latests. adding a classic token would give some chances at pulling the older 5* without having to use cp. 

and a big second on replaying nodes. so much time saved if we could just start the node again right away. also put a number on the node showing how many clears are done.

a feeder for jj would seriously improve my qol too...