Upgrade progression and node rewards

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
Why am I getting Standard Tokens from playing in SCL 8 & 9? If I have the roster to take on SCL9's nodes I clearly do NOT need 1-star covers. I don't really need 2 and 3-star covers either, other than for the farm, but that's beside the point.

Once we have the roster or Shield Rank to qualify to do SCL5 (approx.), we really don't need any more 1-star covers, and the only reason a handful of high level players want the 1-star covers is for a 1-star farm (for the love of God, why?!?!) and even they're sick of doing it.

I'm sure there are some bored veterans that may want a change and want to switch out their Iron Man or Juggernaut for Spider-Man. And if they do, as DDQ gives out Standard Tokens that's their option.

But as most higher level players are happy with whichever 1-star hero they've chosen to do DDQ, why the TINY KITTY!!! are we still getting Standard Tokens for clearing nodes at SCL 8 & 9?

Suggestion: Upgrade SCLs 5, 6, & 7 node rewards to Elite Tokens, and SCLs 8 & 9 node rewards to Heroic Tokens.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like getting Standard Tokens either, but D3 wantss to limit player progression since giving out more 2*s, leads to giving out more 3*s, which leads to more 4*s and eventually 5*s. 

If I had my way, I would change Heroic Tokens to give out only 3*s and 4*s.  They're harder to get than Elite Tokens anyway, plus 4* dilution is nuts.  I will agree that Standard Tokens in SCL 7,8,9 is insulting, but if you want them to change, I wouldn't act angry about it.