The First 10 Years Celebration! Final Week *Updated (8/30/18)

Options
124»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does it really matter, who wants to use BSSM anyway. He’s my nearest non champ but it would be over a year if I BH any four star to finish him and by then he will be even further behind being useful. Even then I can’t see me putting iso into him.

I cant see these stopping at one four star feeder anyway, to most of us it will make very little difference having one feeder. There could easily be two fours feeding, one old, one newer.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm really surprised that Strange didn't get his feeder in this hoopla.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    I'm not 100% certain what the criteria are for 5-Star "feeders," but when it comes to the Iron Man (Mark XLVI), I would personally argue that it was rather appropriate for War Machine to reward Iron Man (Mark XLVI).

Since this celebration was focused around the MCU, it makes sense for War Machine to be the "feeder," since both War Machine and Iron Man (Mark XLVI) were in Captain America: Civil War; Iron Man (Hulkbuster) was not.
    Thanks for responding.  I can see your point about WM and civil war.  Could you also still ask the devs about their thought process?
    also will the devs look to have multiple 4* feed into single 5*?  With a release of 4*, 4*, 5* there are significantly more 4* than 5* and if there were two 4* feeding one 5* it would also help progress.  Then you could have one newer 4* and one older 4* feeding the 5*.

thanks again
    Sure thing. I'll ping them about it, and see what info I can find.
    Brigby,
    I think with your thought process Spider-Man IW would have been a better feeder for Peter Parker rather than BSSM.   With BSSM wouldn’t it have made more sense to use Eddie Brock or agent venom?  This is why I asked for you to get a response from the devs.  Right now it feels like the devs are intently using newier 4* to slow down players progression to 5* land.  
    The other 5* Spider-Man already has a feeder in the form of Vulture.  I think most people will have more Vulture Covers than IW Spider-Man, so people have probably received more champ reward covers for the 5* Spider-Man than if they'd kept him until now.
    As far as alternative feeders, Kraven wouldn't be a bad choice.  He even wore the same black suit in the story line shown on his cover.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would have accepted Iron Spider > Strange due to movie connection. And they both used their made up names!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    3 weeks did seem pretty odd, but at the same time this also seems like it wasn't fully planned the same way the other ones were. Perhaps this is in fact the result of some backlash, I'm certainly intrigued. Know I'll never get that answer though, so I'll just take the free stuff and smile.  :)

EDIT: I was also a tad surprised that this "First 10 Years" didn't include anything GoTG-related, but then I realized that they they're kinda already squared away. The related 5-stars are Thanos and Star-Lord, who already have feeders. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm with everyone else.  I cant believe the devs took really bad characters that nobody likes and made them feeders.  I mean,  who likes Medusa, Peggy, Vulture or gamora anyway?  And they're all brand new, like a month old, like Winter Soldier, Kingpin, Sandman, Kate, War Machine, Vulture, Drax and Antman.  They've only been out for like 2 years, who's gonna have them covered?  XForce Wolvie too, only been out for like 5 years, I doubt anyone has more than like 7 covers on him!  Total slap in the face.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd forgotten how truly awful War Machine is until I had to use him in Shield Training. His blue is OK, when you can eventually get it off, but his red and green are just woeful. 
    Tell that to my 4*Black Widow that lost to him over and over in the Crash.  WM can be good, let me explain: first you can feed him perfectly with IM40.  Second, you fire his red and green at the same time.  When the Gatling gun goes off, you'll get tons of new tiles, which could turn into strong attack tiles.  These could easily add up to 2K to 3K damage per turn (unboosted).  You then fire off his Blue to clear any enemy specials.  After that, they should die quickly. 

You could add Nico to boost his attack tiles, or maybe use Quake's Blue to destroy more tiles and thus get more attack tiles. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That was fun! Hope you wont let us wait for new feeders though... sure we can come up with something else to celebrate... phase 2 5 years?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    • Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six - Alliance Event
      • Start: August 30th, 2018, 7:00am EDT
      • End: September 2nd, 2018, 2:00am EDT
      • Features: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
      • Rewards: Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in Progression Rewards *New Update*
    @Brigby This has been corrected, but it's still wrong. Apparently, the 4* Progression reward is Spider-Man (Infinity War); Spider-Woman is the 4* round reward, rather than the previously cited War Machine. The difference is between one cover and three, so it's pretty significant.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby This has been corrected, but it's still wrong. Apparently, the 4* Progression reward is Spider-Man (Infinity War); Spider-Woman is the 4* round reward, rather than the previously cited War Machine. The difference is between one cover and three, so it's pretty significant.
    Spidey is the personal progression reward since he was featured in The Hunt. Spider Woman is the equivalent of a placement reward for a regular event.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Brigby said:
    Spidey is the personal progression reward since he was featured in The Hunt. Spider Woman is the equivalent of a placement reward for a regular event.

Right, but the thing he quoted says Spider-Woman is the progression reward, not Iron Spider. Which sounds like you're only getting one Spider-Woman cover, not three.

It's a nomenclature thing, where both sides are "right", but it's confusing because we aren't phrasing things the same way. Brigby says "Iron Spider is Featured, Spider-Woman is in Progression Rewards" but the players would deliver the exact same information by saying "Iron Spider is Essential and in Progression, Spider-Woman is in Round Rewards."

Brigby is right, because Spider-Woman IS in Alliance Progression rewards for completing the boss rounds, but no player is going to phrase it that way, so it confuses people. Not really his fault, it's just a case of the game having "official phrasing" for things that the players don't use, so it confuses the players when there's a conflict. Like Story and Versus being called PVE/PVP. Or kinda like how you can go to the Boss thread and find a list of "Weekly" boosted characters, despite that list having not a damn thing to do with the actual Weekly boosted characters. The Weekly list is still used for normal PVE and PVP events outside the boss, and the "Boss Weekly" list doesn't apply to anything outside the boss.

The wording could use a little cleanup, but it's such a tiny minuscule thing that it might never be worth the effort to make it happen.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've edited some of the wording to more clearly separate Personal Progression Rewards from Alliance Round Rewards. Sorry for the confusion.