The First 10 Years Celebration! Final Week *Updated (8/30/18)

Options

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are they rolling out the new feeders one by one? I can see that Shuri's rewards have been updated but War Machine's still showing LL tokens.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Are they rolling out the new feeders one by one? I can see that Shuri's rewards have been updated but War Machine's still showing LL tokens.
    His will be updated Friday. During the celebration, they named two feeders each week, with one being updated on Wednesday, the second one on Friday. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you wait and fire both WM green and red together, the board shake from the green will create quite a few attack tiles. Precede with Shuri's red and his green gets dirt cheap too.

I won't deny he's lower tier but I was pleasantly surprised in the final training node. He did most of the work aided by Shuri. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Surprise! We've got one last batch of updates and events to celebrate the MCU!
    Oh snap
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like Dr Strange and Dr Banner could be getting their feeders. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe?  The Events as announced suggest Spidey IW and give the opportunity to earn WM covers.   So basically one new feeder for BSSM, perhaps.

Edit:  yeah, I can read. Sometimes that actually pays off. BSSM feeder it is. Thanks @huktonfonix
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe?  The Events as announced suggest Spidey IW and give the opportunity to earn WM covers.   So basically one new feeder for BSSM, perhaps.
    IW Spider > BSSM is in the announcement. No perhaps about it.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Huh, an alliance event with no apparent new character release? That's kinda unusual. 

Also, we could really use that 5trange feeder *cough*Mordo*cough* on Friday to round things out. Just sayin'. 😉
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    I'm not 100% certain what the criteria are for 5-Star "feeders," but when it comes to the Iron Man (Mark XLVI), I would personally argue that it was rather appropriate for War Machine to reward Iron Man (Mark XLVI).

Since this celebration was focused around the MCU, it makes sense for War Machine to be the "feeder," since both War Machine and Iron Man (Mark XLVI) were in Captain America: Civil War; Iron Man (Hulkbuster) was not.
    Thanks for responding.  I can see your point about WM and civil war.  Could you also still ask the devs about their thought process?
    also will the devs look to have multiple 4* feed into single 5*?  With a release of 4*, 4*, 5* there are significantly more 4* than 5* and if there were two 4* feeding one 5* it would also help progress.  Then you could have one newer 4* and one older 4* feeding the 5*.

thanks again
    Sure thing. I'll ping them about it, and see what info I can find.
    Brigby,
    I think with your thought process Spider-Man IW would have been a better feeder for Peter Parker rather than BSSM.   With BSSM wouldn’t it have made more sense to use Eddie Brock or agent venom?  This is why I asked for you to get a response from the devs.  Right now it feels like the devs are intently using newier 4* to slow down players progression to 5* land.  
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it coincidence or is there a sudden interest by developer for Red, Blue, Green characters lately? :D (I know is becuase of the MCU anniversary but there is still a lot of MCU characters which is not of this colour combination.)
    There are back to back versus event of 4 Red, Blue, Green characters, Shuri, Nebula, War Machine, Spider-man (IW).

Brigby said:

• Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six - Alliance Event
      • Start: August 30th, 2018, 7:00am EDT
      • End: September 2nd, 2018, 2:00am EDT
      • Features: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
      • Rewards: War Machine (James Rhodes) in Progression Rewards

Also for the Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six - Alliance Event, is Spider-man (IW) the progression reward since he is featured character and is the placement reward for previous PVE event? Thus this make War Machine the Round Rewards? Thanks

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Swing and miss...IW Spidey isn't even progression rewards for the BE (meaning round rewards not personal progression).

Appreciate the for tha feels feeder though. A new one is better than no one.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think one player actually listed out all the feeders for 5* and the split between newer 4* and older 4* are roughly equal.  After 19 feeders, it is very obvious how some derive what is considered a "logical" feeder for 5* and how they will argue what is "right". Just two questions are needed:

1)Is this an older character?
    2)Is it a popular 4* character?

A "No" to any of the question is good enough to support the conspiracy that the devs are deliberately choosing feeders that allow players to get the least amount of double dip rewards possible. 

I believe that one poster mentioned that one of the reasons is that the feeder chosen are random. Anyway, the players are getting free 5* covers as they progress. The devs don't have to do this.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    You scamps!
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That Spidey is one of the few 4*’s I don’t have champed yet I’m really glad y’all came through with it. Cheers!!
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I’m just gonna believe it’s cause I asked nicely for more. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Another older less popular 4* chosen as a feeder. Theres a surprise. 

People getting free stuff and some are complaining they aren't getting more free stuff. There's Another surprise.
    people complaining about other people.
    not a surprise at all. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Darn! Iron Spidey is going to be the first feeder i won't get any covers for!
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Iron spider feeding bssm is not really enticing me to champ iron spider. Especially as bssm is 5/5/2.

Guess I'll just level 4* to 209 from now on and start leveling my near completed 5*.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A new 4* or an old unpopular one. Same old pattern.